Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67538 times)

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Found the Snowspeeder yesterday at TRU.  Simply a fantastic vehicle that is nearly perfect, in my opinion.  I'm really enjoying this general trend Hasbro is following with updating and realistically-detailing the models of the classic SW ships. 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Haha, Jesse- well, I don't know if it was scaled back ENOUGH, but it does look great!  Now, the fact that there isn't any weathering...  :P

Here's another great comparison:

Count me in the minority, but this doesn't look like a big enough difference for me to pony up $30.  They're almost the same size.  (I remember saying this 6 months ago when I saw the first pics.)

It's not like the difference between the new chicken walker and the old chicken walker.  That was a HUGE difference. 

These snowspeeder changes look fairly minor.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Count me in the minority, but this doesn't look like a big enough difference for me to pony up $30.  They're almost the same size.  (I remember saying this 6 months ago when I saw the first pics.)

It's not like the difference between the new chicken walker and the old chicken walker.  That was a HUGE difference. 

These snowspeeder changes look fairly minor.

I'll agree that there isn't much of a size difference, but I would strongly recommend getting the new snowspeeder because it is a much better toy than the previous releases. The 2006 Zev Senesca speeder felt like a very fragile toy, with the front cannons not being too secure. The new Snowspeeder offers previous play features combined with alternate guns, new features and details, stable landing gear, and an all-around feeling of sturdiness. While the $30 price at TRU is high, if you can snag it for $25 at Target or Wal-Mart in several weeks I urge you to do so. I don't think you will regret it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2010, 02:49 PM »
While the $30 price at TRU is high, if you can snag it for $25 at Target or Wal-Mart in several weeks I urge you to do so. I don't think you will regret it.

Is TRU really selling this wave for $30 in some states?  $27.99 in my neighborhood which is pretty close, but ya.  My TRU restocked this wave twice already and the Cloud Car is clearly the winner with Snowspeeders lagging behind, but I still plan on picking this up at some point.  One of my fav vehicles from ESB.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 1, 2010, 07:53 PM »
$19.99 at Target today... the Cloud Car and all the other CW vehicles in this size as well.

Is the front landing gear too tall on this thing?  Sorry if it's been covered... I just noticed that mine seems to tilt upwards at the front... it doesn't sit level.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #140 on: August 2, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Mine seems fine Rob...

And the size differences aren't even well represented in the images that were out.  Having one in-hand now, they're pretty different.  Definitely different width, especially at the front, the size of the weapons are all scaled down, the engines, etc.  Everything is smaller.  Much more noticeable in person.  That was one reason I was geeked for this at Toy Fair...  Just seeing it in person I knew it was pretty good now.

Hasbro knocked it out of the park too, in every respect.  From rivet/bolt holes, to recessed panel lines, to the warnings in aurabesh, to the tiny (and I mean tiny, but accurate) harpoon gun (I always considered it a light laser too).  They really did a bang-up job.  Even an escape hatch sculpted into the roof of the cockpit for the gunner, incase the pilot's incapasitated on a crash...  Super detail there (not functional of course, but super detail regardless).

Even the landing skid has little shock/pistons sculpted into it.  It's one of the most detailed ships I think Hasbro has ever done.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 3, 2010, 10:56 AM »
The $19.99 sale is one of the temporary price reductions that last for about a month or so.  Not sure if every Target is doing it, though.  I would guess they will have the signs out when the resets are done.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2010, 06:30 PM »
Just a couple pics of my customized weathered version:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2010, 12:00 AM »
Quite cool Greg...

I saw some front-on images, and thought maybe taking a flat edge, like a regular head screwdriver (fairly large one) and pressing it in where some of the plastic was more curvey (on the body of the speeder, not the guns) would maybe make more sharp "damage" marks more like accordioning, but otherwise I think that looks badass.  It's kind of a one-trick-pony, but a worthywhile one if people want to have Luke displayed as bailing on it. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2010, 01:38 AM »
Is there a dead and charred Dak in the back seat?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 3, 2010, 09:22 PM »
Hardly ever buy new vehicles (last new one I got was that Homie's Spider Droid), but I got this snowspeeder today. Really neat vehicle. I wouldn't want it any smaller, but then I think they make current Leia figures too small. Carrie Fisher's real height be damned!  ;)