Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67544 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: New Snow Speeder - confirmed for Fall 2010!
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2010, 02:31 PM »
Guess that definatively answers the question about packaging for the movie vehicles...  though it's interesting to note there is no "Legacy Collection" type name on the box - just "Star Wars".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:45 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Looking at it, and the cockpit seating and things, it really does look smaller to me.  At the very least it's looking shorter, as the figure's legs should be right up in the front of the vehicle by that picture I'm guessing.  Their head placement with the cockpit windows seems accurate now as well...  The guns protrude farther out than the originals do, in comparison to the body of the vehicle itself. 

I'm going to say this is indeed looking smaller than the original, but I wouldn't say it's drastic like say the difference between the original and the concept Speeder is. 

Love the lettering details on it with the warnings and things.  A nice detail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I like that it;s just called Star Wars. All the little subtitles always seem kind of pretentious.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Like Jesse said, I hope that this is a little smaller (and more accurate) than the previous version - but it looks great to me.  Really excited to be getting an all-new version this year, one of my most anticipated items really for 2010.  I didn't have a lot of vehicles when I was a kid, but the Falcon and Snowspeeder were two "hand me downs" from my cousins - and they both got a lot of play.  I have to admit too, that packaging is kind of growing on me too.  I also like that they dropped the "sub line name" and it is just "Star Wars" now.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2010, 05:40 PM »
This doesn't look much smaller than the last one...the figs are still laying down in the cockpit...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Actually the seat's pretty verticle compared to the last one...  The last one really was laying almost horizontal, but that's a much sharper incline by comparison Mike.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Looking forward to picking up one of these. I wonder if that loose image is the final product though, seems a little light on the deco, could use some dirt and grime or blast damage. All the snowspeeders I remember from the movie were pretty worn looking.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Looks great!  Really looking forward to this.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2010, 10:50 PM »
9 chances out of 10, the loose image isn't the final product.  These shows seem to often have prototypes and things, more than final products.  I wouldn't expect it to have a much different paintjob though considering the minimalist approach to decoes seems to be the way Hasbro's rolling with their line these days.

I like the red detailing, but there's a lot of sculpted details not being brought out with deco...  I love that Hasbro caught all the little warnings and things, the ZZ on the cockpit frame, etc.  I'm curious to see how those look up close, and if they're an actual text from Hasbro's creative folks or whatnot?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58 PM »
I would buy snowspeeder and twin pod cloud car, hope these vehicles come with pilots an otc bespin cloud car pilot and a Lc snowspeeder Luke, if Dack was included better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2010, 11:02 PM »
These are going to be Mid-size vehicle assortment items Epic, so I wouldn't count on pack-in pilots and things.  Maybe there will be an exclusive release of them someday?  But for now it appears these are basic ships for the mid-size vehicle line.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2010, 09:29 AM »
I'm cool with neither coming with pilots. They're not hard to track down and fairly cheap to obtain. Besides not including them keeps the price of these vehicles down and keeps us from having duplicates we might not want. Again, if you want/need a duplicate pilot they are aplenty.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2010, 01:30 PM »
Both vehicles look good to me. I will buy one of each.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2010, 03:56 PM »
The new Snowspeeder looks excellent.  Much better sculpting all around than the old versions.  The shape and canopy both look more accurate.  It will be a fun fall season with this and the Cloud Car 8)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2010, 12:22 AM »
I just hope the cannons stay on these new ones!  No it looks good.  It will be tempting to buy 2.  Although that idea might change when I see the actual price for the AT-AT  ;D