Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67662 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Forgive me if this has already been address, but I obviously missed it - Is this a totally new rescaled mold, or is this the old mold with enhancements/improvements?

Also, is the harpoon gun replaceable like the At-St chin gun?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:16 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2010, 03:25 PM »
The mold is 100% new and smaller (It's sized to, I believe, 1:6 scale movie models as the base comparison).  Check out the pictures in our gallery Anton, there's nothing old on it.

I'm not 100% sure on the harpoon being interchangeable as I didn't get much of an opportunity to ask questions since my job was doing other stuff and it was tough to get in there to pick the brains of the Hasbro folks because other people were sort of hoarding around them the majority of time, but I'm pretty sure the Harpoon's NOT replaceable.

That was my only disappointment as it's clearly out of whack there.  I could be wrong on the Harpoon though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Harpoon's NOT replaceable.

...I could be wrong on the Harpoon though.

Yep, you're wrong.  (too much time oogling the inside to notice the back end, eh?  :P)

Feature #2 on the back of the box - "Interchangable harpoon firing launcher and non-firing harpoon gun."

One for the kiddies, one for us, just like the AT-ST chin gun.  Same goes for the front guns - should be one set that shoots missiles and one set that doesn't.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:38 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2010, 03:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Harpoon's NOT replaceable.

...I could be wrong on the Harpoon though.

Yep, you're wrong.  (too much time oogling the inside to notice the back end, eh?  :P)

Feature #2 on the back of the box - "Interchangable harpoon firing launcher and non-firing harpoon gun."

One for the kiddies, one for us, just like the AT-ST chin gun.  Same goes for the front guns - should be one set that shoots missiles and one set that doesn't.

Hopefully the AT-AT has this feature too. I wonder if this snowspeeder will also included the panel cover to the exposed side. The earlier first shots showed this to be the case. I will have to study the back panel more......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39 PM »
First let me say thank god to that Harpoon being interchangeable.  Thanks Jeff!  You made my night. :P

The panel for the exposed side is definitely included JACK.  I think this was for a future repaint as one specific Speeder model had exposed right armor.  I forget if it's Wedge's, Zev's or what.  There's a full armored one with grey markings (darker grey), a full armored with red, and an open-armored one with red.  Not sure if there's other deco variants of the models but I do know those 3 existed.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Bummer (kind of) and cool. Thanks for the conformations guys.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 02:27 PM »
This probably sounds crazy,  but I wish they'd put some seat belts in. Play-wise it would probably have been a pain in the ass, but I think on the detail side, it would have looked cool.

I would have loved if they put some lights or sounds in it, I'm still pressing those buttons on the falcon... although at that price point, I know it's out of the question.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 03:39 PM »
This probably sounds crazy,  but I wish they'd put some seat belts in. Play-wise it would probably have been a pain in the ass, but I think on the detail side, it would have looked cool.

I would have loved if they put some lights or sounds in it, I'm still pressing those buttons on the falcon... although at that price point, I know it's out of the question.

Not at all. Seat belts would have looked great here. If I had to choose between the extra panel and seat belts I still go the panel for army building purposes. When they rerelease this down the road that will be the next upgrade to get you to buy it again. ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2010, 05:21 AM »
I think you're probably right! If the upgrades are good it's hard to resist sometimes.

I like the removable panel too. I'm an opener, so having a spot on speeder where you can pose figures giving it a tune up is a real bonus. The welding gear with the new Solo is going to come in pretty handy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2010, 05:39 AM »
The removable panel, I believe anyway, is more likely for a future repaint...  At least that's my guess.  Of course it's a great double as a "display feature" too, but a particular Speeder's seen missing the right side armor panel which has red markings on the rear (Luke's speeder is all grey with dark grey markings I believe).

It might be Zev or Wedge's Speeder that is seen flying but has the missing panel.  I can't recall which exactly though.  It's one of those I believe.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2010, 12:25 PM »
I might have mentioned this earlier, but I would actually like Hasbro to go EU with this vehicle, and create some other paintjobs, such as that funky desert version from the proposed 1986 line.  It's a cool, small ship, and if Hasbro stays within SW universe concepts (no day glo) this ship could work for them for years.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I thought the tite swampspeeder was kinda goofy at first, but it grew on me so I wouldn't mind a few EU repaints of this either.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I can handle some repaints.  If they're doing any retools though, the only one I'd want is an open-canopy with quad-laser turret in the rear.  It's a variant from a video game, and the only thing that I feel really looks like the kind of changes they'd make, or which would even be necessary considering they don't look altered to be in sub-zero climates even.

Desert camo would be kind of cool, or some kind of eyes/teeth camo like shark's mouth deco or something, or a bird or other animal that the ship's design may resemble.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2010, 04:46 PM »

Another boxed image of Luke's Snowspeeder surfaced.  Head out to the front page to check it out.

One of my more anticipated items of 2010 for sure... 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Me too Jesse. I'm also anticipating the Vintage packaging version and if they are going to call it the "Rebel Armored Snowspeeder" in true vintage form or call it out as Luke's Snowspeeder again.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird