Author Topic: CW Republic Swamp Speeder  (Read 24946 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Swamp Speeder (Rumor)?
« Reply #15 on: December 8, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I just hope they decide to release this as part of the TCW line. Seems like a perfect fit.

Does it matter?  ;)

can't...resist...taking...bait...  ;D

Yep, it matters. 2 reasons, both selfish. First, I only collect TCW stuff, I don't care for the TLC figures, although the ships are cool. But I am a super-strict collector in terms of my focus and what I will spend $$ on. No mixing and matching, TCW uber alles. Second, I just think it's a cool ship and would love to see this in the animated show wreaking havoc in all its glory. If they make a toy of it for that line it increases the likelihood we'll actually get to see that thing in action.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: December 8, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I'm sure if the Swamp Speeder isn't an exclusive, it will be in the generic packaging of the mid-size vehicle line.  Isn't Vader's TIE in basically Clone Wars packaging?  No biggie.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 9, 2009, 09:14 AM »
I just hope they decide to release this as part of the TCW line. Seems like a perfect fit.

Does it matter?  ;)

can't...resist...taking...bait...  ;D

Yep, it matters. 2 reasons, both selfish. First, I only collect TCW stuff, I don't care for the TLC figures, although the ships are cool. But I am a super-strict collector in terms of my focus and what I will spend $$ on. No mixing and matching, TCW uber alles. Second, I just think it's a cool ship and would love to see this in the animated show wreaking havoc in all its glory. If they make a toy of it for that line it increases the likelihood we'll actually get to see that thing in action.

Interesting, because I don't really view a ship as belonging to one line or the other unless it's specifically from the cartoon. In fact, Hasbro designs them that way. The only ships I haven't picked up are the ones specific to the cartoon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 9, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Interesting, because I don't really view a ship as belonging to one line or the other unless it's specifically from the cartoon. In fact, Hasbro designs them that way. The only ships I haven't picked up are the ones specific to the cartoon.

I see what you're saying, appearance-wise they are mostly functional with either line, but they're definitely packaged and split along specific lines. It does make me wonder though why they don't make the vehicles some kind of generic hybrid packaging, to appeal equally to both types of collectors. I would hate it from a financial POV, but it would be a shrewd marketing tactic on Hasbro's part.

I'm going to have to go back and watch ROTS again, because i have NO recollection of this speeder from the movie.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 9, 2009, 09:37 AM »

but they're definitely packaged and split along specific lines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how so? Doesn't everything that's not a figure (BP's, Mid sized ships, OT exclusives) have the same design with the clone troopers on? I know that the At-Te and Turbo Tank come with CW figures, but that still doesn't say to me that they're CW specific.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 9, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but how so? Doesn't everything that's not a figure (BP's, Mid sized ships, OT exclusives) have the same design with the clone troopers on? I know that the At-Te and Turbo Tank come with CW figures, but that still doesn't say to me that they're CW specific.

Well, one is clearly marked "The Legacy Collection" and one is marked "The Clone Wars". It's right on the front of the box above the photo and below the item name. The box size and coloring are very similar though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14 AM »
See how I don't pay attention? I never even noticed that language on the box. Thanks.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: January 2, 2010, 02:01 AM »
More images of this proto...

Clicky to check it out!

Shows off the seating details, some of the panel lines.  There's an uber ammount of detail in this ship in particular it seems, so I guess I'm maybe in the minority geeked to pick this one up once or twice.  It looks pretty spot-on in terms of scale, so I'm excited to add it to my collection, and I hope they do a couple decoes since I think green and red are both seen in ROTS.  I'd take EU camo ones too for that matter, but so far this is something the EU isn't making use of much anywhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 2, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Shows off the seating details, some of the panel lines.  There's an uber ammount of detail in this ship in particular it seems, so I guess I'm maybe in the minority geeked to pick this one up once or twice.  It looks pretty spot-on in terms of scale, so I'm excited to add it to my collection, and I hope they do a couple decoes since I think green and red are both seen in ROTS.  I'd take EU camo ones too for that matter, but so far this is something the EU isn't making use of much anywhere.

I'm a big fan of this design, so you're not alone with wanting a couple of these. I'm not sure about multiple color schemes, but I'd be okay with just red. I'll have to rewatch ROTS sometime to look for a green one. These were used as pirate vehicles in the Empire at War PC game, so I was thinking about having a couple Nikto gunner figures crew one of these.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 09:59 PM »
YakFace has a great blurb up now concerning TCW Vehicle Case Assortments for 2010. The Swamp Speeder is listed as part of Wave 2, along with Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter. (meh, did we really need THAT?)

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2010, 11:58 AM »
I was looking at the Titanium one the other day and I wonder if they will re-release the AT-AT driver that they have as the pilots.  They are re-releasing Plo Koon's fighter?  The same one that was the Target exclusive?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2010, 12:09 PM »
They are re-releasing Plo Koon's fighter?  The same one that was the Target exclusive?

It is rumored to be a repaint of the new CW fighter design (droid in the center).  If that turns out to be true, then it is not the same as the old Target exclusive version.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2010, 12:10 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2010, 01:59 PM »
The paint scheme would be the same as the Target exclusive Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter.  But it would be the fighter seen in the Shadow of Malevolence episode from season one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: February 1, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 07:06 PM »
the Republic Swamp Speeder is also seen on coruscant just infront of the gunship in formation as obi yoda and mace land at the battle group loading for utapau.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 07:13 PM by poodachoo »