Author Topic: CW Republic Swamp Speeder  (Read 24953 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« on: December 5, 2009, 03:32 AM »
We've got a much larger, and more detailed gallery of the prototypes posted on our front page...  Feel free to check them out:

Clicky to check it out.

So the Clone Swamp Speeder is turning up in prototype form...  I've gotta say this is one I'm interested in.  It was small, so the scale should be accurate, and the vehicle interested me a little bit anyway.  I think this will obviously be a Clone Wars item but the realism of it I figure it can hang here for now.

Check it out, and as always Hasbro hasn't confirmed this and stuff, sooooo wait for official pics and stuff.
« Last Edit: January 2, 2010, 10:45 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Swamp Speeder (Rumor)?
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2009, 09:18 AM »
I'm down with this. I always liked the design.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I'd have to see some other angles.  Looks like a half-finished ship to me.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I'd have to see some other angles.  Looks like a half-finished ship to me.   :P

Ultimately it's pretty accurate...  There's a Titanium floating around of it that compares nicely.  The black color doesn't help make the details pop much in the photo though.  It's pretty accurate looking to me though, and I'd say accurately scaled just eyeballing it.  In the movie they look half-finished too, like floating gun platforms.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2009, 06:00 PM »
Yup - i dug the tite speeder(s) and I welcome this 3 3/4 scale with open arms.  We should be expecting heaps of repaints of all these new vehicles in the coming years.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2009, 02:58 AM »
Someone at Scum I think posted two pics of the Swamp Speeder in two movie decoes...  I don't know what they were/are though?  I haven't seen them so if someone has the images and wants to share them.  I know one is on Kashyyyk in the movie, I'm pretty sure, and I thought one was on Felucia but I don't remember seeing it.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2009, 01:15 PM »
This looks cool so far. It's a vehicle I have been looking forward to, and I cannot wait to see some pics of the final product. The seatbelts are a very nice touch. I hope the Star Corps trooper from the Gelagrub gets repacked in Saga Legends so one can outfit the speeder for Felucia.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I don't recall seeing this on Felucia either, though it would seem a good environment for one.  I'm thinking I'd like a couple of these, and am interested to see final production pics.  Guess we'll see more in February.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2009, 09:50 PM »
This vehicle is (briefly) visible on both Felucia and Kashyyyk.  But I think it got more play because it was shown on The Official Site's "Behind The Helmet" daily feature.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2009, 12:51 AM »
I am not feeling this one. I can appreciate the accuracy and it looks nicley executed but I just do not like the design seems a little to G.I.Joe to me. I will have to see the final product. I feel the same about the Droid Gunship too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I agree this open design is a little odd and leaves the drivers subject to enemy fire easier it seems.  I still dig it though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I love it...totally mini-rig. I just hope they decide to release this as part of the TCW line. Seems like a perfect fit.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2009, 12:25 PM »
Hmm, I just thought of this, I don't like the design as an assault vehicle, however, customize it some and it can look like a portable base platform. I'll have to see more pics of this to be convinced of buying it.If I do, it won't be for Hasbro's intended purposes.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2009, 03:20 PM »
For purposes, the SwampSpeeder really, to me, just looks like an infantry support vehicle...  something just to give some rapid fire to infantry.  A moving machine gun, sort of.  A little speedier so it can keep up with troops, it works well on wetter terrain...  Tactically speaking it's ok then, but it's opened up for sure.  A lot of SW vehicles seem to have that flaw.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 8, 2009, 09:12 AM »
I just hope they decide to release this as part of the TCW line. Seems like a perfect fit.

Does it matter?  ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."