Author Topic: CW Republic Swamp Speeder  (Read 25007 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I read at one of the firewall sites (Yakface, Sandtroopers, whatever) that some schmoe found this at a TRU in Alabama.

Wowzers! New product is reaching critical mass!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 01:23 PM »

Where was this spotted - Canada? Which store?

I'm pretty sure I saw this at either Walmart or TRU late last week in Winnipeg.  I admit I didn't pay much attention because it's PT stuff but it was out there.  There's been an absolute deluge of product lately and I'm thankful I'm not buying PT/CW stuff, I couldn't afford it all. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 01:59 PM »
I found this along with the Hyena Bomber, repainted AT-AP and repainted Trade Federation Tank this morning at a TRU.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 02:47 PM »
I found this along with the Hyena Bomber, repainted AT-AP and repainted Trade Federation Tank this morning at a TRU.

Pete, you are on an unprecedented roll this week. Nice work indeed! I assume you bought all 4? Or multiples of each?  ;D

I'd love to hear initial thoughts on the swamp speeder as this is one I am considering buying duplicates of for opening purposes.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Pete, I am on the fence with this one, more on the pass side. Do you have any pics with troops?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 05:36 PM »
Pete, I am on the fence with this one, more on the pass side. Do you have any pics with troops?

Unfortunately, the four I picked up are going to be for my MIB collection, so they aren't getting opened.

That's really the reason I pulled the trigger - all four of them, at once, all MIB.

Now I can just pick up the four vehicles as I find them - hopefully at a Target or WalMart where they'll be cheaper!  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2010, 11:39 AM »

^ Snapped a few pics of it last night.  It's a pretty sweet ride for the clones in my opinion.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 11:47 AM »
I just snagged one as well, but am determined to pick up a second for opening. This is my favorite vehicle they have done since the Octuptarra Droid. It should work great for display purposes...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Looks pretty to-scale there with the Clones in it CHEWIE, so I'm down for two I think.  They seem like they'd work in pairs to me.  Don't know how into repaints I'll be since red seemed to be "it" for the movie colors and camoflauging it with two big white armored guys would be silly, but we'll see. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2010, 02:07 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean about painting it.  I might make one more of an Imperial gray at some point, and include AT-ST Drivers on it... could look kind of cool.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 4, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Here's a question for anyone who's gotten this vehicle and opened it up...

Does this vehicle come with one of those Blue/Gray instruction sheets? I just opened up the one I found this morning and it wasn't entirely tied down in the packaging and there wasn't one of those sheets with the vehicle.

I'm gonna return it if it was supposed to have one of those sheets...
Peter

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #56 on: November 5, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Here's a question for anyone who's gotten this vehicle and opened it up...

Does this vehicle come with one of those Blue/Gray instruction sheets? I just opened up the one I found this morning and it wasn't entirely tied down in the packaging and there wasn't one of those sheets with the vehicle.

I'm gonna return it if it was supposed to have one of those sheets...

Mine did not have one, Pete, and I wondered the same thing. I think it's safe to say with just the guns, which kinda suck, Hasbro thought we could figure it out.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 5, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Instructions are on the bottom of the box

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 7, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Saw this last weekend and passed.  At least for now.  It was at TRU and their prices are just a little too high for my tastes.  As much as I'd like to see TRU succeed in light of the pressure from Target and WalMart, it's difficult to justify their price discrepancies.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 8, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Saw this last weekend and passed.  At least for now.  It was at TRU and their prices are just a little too high for my tastes.  As much as I'd like to see TRU succeed in light of the pressure from Target and WalMart, it's difficult to justify their price discrepancies.

Agreed. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a $5 rewards coupon and a coupon from my Toy Book which took 15% off an item, I would have passed on the vehicle as well...

Peter