Author Topic: CW Republic Swamp Speeder  (Read 24952 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CW Republic Swamp Speeder
« Reply #60 on: November 8, 2010, 01:55 AM »
Close to finding this today at Target but only the AAT lingered like a fart in a car.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 8, 2010, 08:43 AM »
I saw it at target yesterday and passed for now.  I am going to wait for some sale.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 8, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I saw it at target yesterday and passed for now.  I am going to wait for some sale.

I thought the vehicles are on sale this week at Target for $19.99...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 8, 2010, 09:26 AM »
You guys saw this AT A TARGET?!?!  :o

That is literally stunning to me. Our Targets around here are woefully behind on TCW vehicles...they can't seem to even sell through the first wave, much less get to Waves 2 or 3.

I'll buy all these again in a heartbeat for $19.99 and promptly return my overpriced TRU versions.

I find it easy to justify the TRU prices because they are crushing every other retailer right now as far as getting stuff FIRST, which is extremely important to me. Bird in the hand and all that.

« Last Edit: November 8, 2010, 01:28 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 8, 2010, 10:18 AM »

I thought the vehicles are on sale this week at Target for $19.99...

I scanned it, and it was not.  only the vehicles in Vintage packaging are on sale - atleast at my Target.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 8, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Close to finding this today at Target but only the AAT lingered like a fart in a car.

I saw one of these at our local Target and passed for now as well.  It looks really nifty, but I'm try to stay away from too many more PT/CW era vehicles, at least for the most part - just not enough room for all of it anymore.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: November 8, 2010, 03:31 PM »
At my Target, they were marked $19.99, but I didn't scan it.  It could be signed wrong because this Target's dismal in that department.

I was tempted to pick up that vintage boxed Snowspeeder, not even for the packaging, but just to have another less expensive speeder, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 9, 2010, 06:29 PM »
Same deal at my Target - the tag for the sale was on the shelf by them, but when I scanned them this morning, they were the normal price. So the one I got at TRU a couple weeks back at the 15% off price were the same price. Oh well...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2010, 09:41 AM »
I found this at Target again yesterday along with the Hyena Bomber.  I decided to grab them both this time and I can/will work some receipt magic later if it is worth it.

It seems like standard vehicles have not really been on a worhtwhile sale in a long time.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2010, 09:53 AM »
It seems like standard vehicles have not really been on a worhtwhile sale in a long time.

Target had the mid-sized vehicles on sale for $19.99 for a good month or so when the line re-launced back in August.  I forgot to stock up.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I found this at Target again yesterday along with the Hyena Bomber.  I decided to grab them both this time and I can/will work some receipt magic later if it is worth it.

Yeah, I had the same idea..I snagged all 4 to return the pricier ones I got at TRU, only to get home and check my receipts and realize I got the first 2 for 22.99 each courtesy of some sale or discount type thing TRU was running at the time. I did return the 2 I bought later at full price. Now I have to take one of these things back to the Target and return that too.

I'm keeping the extra Swamp Speeder...my loose figs need a cool ride.  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2010, 09:45 PM »
I finally opened my spare of this today, and man what a disappointment. The thing is smaller than I envisioned and it doesn't do anything.

I must have spent a half hour trying to figure out how to get the missiles to fire and finally gave up. I can barely get them to stay in place. And it's a serious PITA to re-fasten those seat-belts.

Kinda wished I had opted to open the Gunship instead.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Wow, really?  It's to-scale, it's about the size of most of the vehicles in the $25-ish range...  It's hyper detailed with computer consoles, controls, the seatbelts are on it in the film (I didn't have trouble getting mine to function easily enough though), and the missiles filed ok on mine and stayed ok (enough...  they fire a LITTLE easily, kind of like the original Hailfire droid's). 

This was on-par with the Snowspeeder to me in terms of accuracy and detailing...  I was really happy they did such an obscure piece of hardware from the films, did it so well to boot, and then got the scale just right.  Other than a dirtier paintjob, which almost everything lacks now, I was pretty pleased.

I wish Hasbro would slip a repack figure into this line though...  Something to make you feel there was a little more value that didn't really cost them much to include.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Wow, really?  It's to-scale, it's about the size of most of the vehicles in the $25-ish range...  It's hyper detailed with computer consoles, controls, the seatbelts are on it in the film (I didn't have trouble getting mine to function easily enough though), and the missiles filed ok on mine and stayed ok (enough...  they fire a LITTLE easily, kind of like the original Hailfire droid's). 

So how do you fire the missiles exactly? I honestly cannot figure it out. There does not seem to be any sort of button to activate them...

Yeah, I was surprised at my own disappointment too...I really don't tend to buy vehicles as openers but this one seemed cool at the time. Now I'm just completely non-plussed. I'm actually considering returning it somehow if I can get it all back in the box properly.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2010, 12:07 AM »

This was on-par with the Snowspeeder to me in terms of accuracy and detailing...  I was really happy they did such an obscure piece of hardware from the films, did it so well to boot, and then got the scale just right.  Other than a dirtier paintjob, which almost everything lacks now, I was pretty pleased.

I wish Hasbro would slip a repack figure into this line though...  Something to make you feel there was a little more value that didn't really cost them much to include.

It's nice that the Swamp Speeder was in-scale and detailed, but it just struck me as a glorified speeder bike. Scale and detail alone can't save a toy. After 3 years of impressive clone vehicles, this one just fell short. It might have the same amount of plastic as other $25 vehicles, but at least a lot of them have legs or wings that make them look bigger. In addition, it's not that fun. At least the Cloud Car has hidden launchers and the break-apart ability.

I might have said this before, but five years ago this thing would have been AWESOME. Now, after many other clone vehicles, this is just kinda "meh." The BARC w/ sidecar fills the Clone 2-man recon niche much better.