Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 42229 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1485 on: Today at 10:03 AM »
Haven't you read the comics McMetal? I figured you must have with your knowledge of the exclusive comic figures.

Yeah, but it's been so long I couldn't remember. I went back and read up last night though, now it all comes back.  ;)

I don't see the problem with discussing the comic stuff in here, the shows veers wildly away from the comic plots generally, so knowing one thing doesn't necessarily spoil the other.

I think it would have been cooler if Bob had been bitten and those dbags had eaten his infected leg. (Yes, I know everyone's infected but something about being bitten seems to hasten the process)

I also think Gareth is full of crap about it not being personal. There were plenty of dead people back in Terminus they could have eaten. Like his Mom.

Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: Today at 12:13 PM »
What's to say Bob wasn't bitten?
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1487 on: Today at 12:41 PM »

Lack of symptoms.  The fact that the cannibals ate him.  Pretty sure they'd inspect their food before chomping down.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: Today at 02:01 PM »

Lack of symptoms.  The fact that the cannibals ate him.  Pretty sure they'd inspect their food before chomping down.

Sorry Tracy. Didn't stop them in the comics
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Online BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: Today at 09:04 PM »
Is it me or did it seem like Bob and Gareth had a history, beyond what recently happened at Terminus?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1490 on: Today at 09:07 PM »
Is it me or did it seem like Bob and Gareth had a history, beyond what recently happened at Terminus?

That scene was straight out of the Comics.  Although it was Dale and not Bob.  Don't worry Tracy, that's all I'll say.   ;D
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: Today at 09:38 PM »
I think it would have been cooler if Bob had been bitten and those dbags had eaten his infected leg. (Yes, I know everyone's infected but something about being bitten seems to hasten the process)

I also think Gareth is full of crap about it not being personal. There were plenty of dead people back in Terminus they could have eaten. Like his Mom.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bob ends up revealing a bite or scratch in the next episode... it would explain why he left the church to go off alone. Plus it seems like the producers love to have an ambiguous setup leading to a "surprising reveal" later on, like the guy Tyreese "killed" at the cabin showing up at the campfire Bob-B-Q.

I somewhat disagree about the whole "nothing personal" bit. After the systematic slaughter of those four guys at Terminus and the casual attitude of the Termites, I can believe that they have become totally "shut off" and view other humans solely as food. That makes Gareth and the others much scarier, as they have pretty much become living versions of the zombies... focused solely on food and unable to be reasoned with. Though I will say I think Gareth is taking pleasure in hunting Rick's group after what happened at Terminus.

I didn't really get that vibe, but it is an interesting idea. My thinking is just that Bob had talked/pleaded with Gareth while his group was captured and in the train car prior to Rick's arrival. It could be interesting though if it ends up being revealed that Bob had passed thru when Terminus was a real sanctuary, or if he was a resident who had escaped when that hostile gang invaded.