Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 54607 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1650 on: March 24, 2015, 06:08 PM »
I had a similar thought on Rick/Pete fight but it seems like he was losing at times, and I can't see him letting it get that close is all.  He should've just beat Pete solidly, IMO.  They could've shown him struggle to not kill him a number of ways.  Have Pete come at rick with a shard of the window even?  Make him out to be even more or a dillhole.  I just hated him having any real one on one advantage.  Drives me batty.  Guy beat Shane!  And that was a long time ago when Rick wasn't as hardened.

I'm curious how the finale will set up next season.  It's gonna be interesting for sure.  I figured they'd have established the new threat more by now honestly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 25, 2015, 08:40 AM »
I had a similar thought on Rick/Pete fight but it seems like he was losing at times, and I can't see him letting it get that close is all.  He should've just beat Pete solidly, IMO.  They could've shown him struggle to not kill him a number of ways.  Have Pete come at rick with a shard of the window even?  Make him out to be even more or a dillhole.  I just hated him having any real one on one advantage.  Drives me batty.  Guy beat Shane!  And that was a long time ago when Rick wasn't as hardened.

I'm curious how the finale will set up next season.  It's gonna be interesting for sure.  I figured they'd have established the new threat more by now honestly.

The problem is that once they introduce the "new threat" they're done. They're out of material. They are very close to catching up to the comic now. The next bad guy is the last one. I think they need at least another season of "Farmer Rick" type filler to let the comic forge ahead into some new territory.

And I haven't seen any casting scoop for that role so I am guessing that person will not be in the finale at least.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
  • I am now using steroids to enhance my posts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 25, 2015, 10:50 AM »
This is season 5. TV shows don't normally last that much longer even when popular (ie breaking bad). The bad guy, soo excited,  will be hinted if not named, but not shown, on Sunday. They can cast him soon. I think they could do two seasons of him and let the comics jump ahead if the show is still running then and then have more material to base things on
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:52 AM by GrandMoffNick »
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Begin each day like it was on purpose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 25, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Walking up on a camp of unknown people at night would be dangerous.  Aaron waited until morning to contact Rick's group.

Disagree.  I don't think there's any more danger coming up at night versus the daytime.   Daryl can flank Aaron as backup and they would have a greater element of surprise.  Remember Aaron was watching Rick's group for days and was close enough to overhear conversations. Coming up on a group in daylight without any recon seems like about the most dangerous thing you can do in the WD universe.

The problem is that once they introduce the "new threat" they're done. They're out of material. They are very close to catching up to the comic now. The next bad guy is the last one. I think they need at least another season of "Farmer Rick" type filler to let the comic forge ahead into some new territory.

I think it might seem that way given how fast they have covered comic material, but they're really still years behind.  Assuming they even go that route, the bad guy you refer to in the comics was around for 3-4 times as many issues as the Governor.  They can easily make a couple seasons out of that storyline if they want to.  There's a ton of material there depending on what they want to cover.  The comic is also several issues past that and on to another threat that would be even cooler to see on TV IMO.  That's three seasons worth of TV if the comic stopped today.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:39 AM by JediJman »
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. "

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1654 on: March 26, 2015, 12:48 AM »
Disagree.  I don't think there's any more danger coming up at night versus the daytime.   Daryl can flank Aaron as backup and they would have a greater element of surprise.  Remember Aaron was watching Rick's group for days and was close enough to overhear conversations. Coming up on a group in daylight without any recon seems like about the most dangerous thing you can do in the WD universe.

Didn't he have a parabolic mic?
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1655 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12 AM »
I think if anything Darryl/Aaron would want to recon the group in daylight, just to see what's what.

And yeah, Aaron had a listening device in the car.  That was what made even Michonne question her decision to trust him before they went zombie mowing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: Today at 09:55 AM »
Please let us hear those five magic letters tonight!
"A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about, how many people can make you feel rare?"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: Today at 07:02 PM »
Please let us hear those five magic letters tonight!

J-E-S-U-S!

:D

jk, i know who you mean. But i think tonight will be all about getting the safe zone house in order.

Hoping we get a glimpse of whatever Morgan has been up too as well.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: Today at 07:39 PM »
My prediction is the season ends with us hearing his voice while we see Lucille.

That's totally prediction. I don't read internet stuff.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:39 PM by GrandMoffNick »