Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II !  (Read 25878 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II !
« Reply #30 on: November 1, 2010, 09:12 AM »
Well, I played through the game and I've seen both endings.

Which ending is the canon this time?

I almost want to say that the Dark Side ending is, but I guess I'll have to read the graphic novel to know for sure.

Either way, I'm fairly disappointed with the game. It didn't take anywhere near as long to finish as it should have.

I'm only a casual game player so having to finish all of those ridiculous challenges to unlock the achievements is just added gameplay that I'll never take advantage of. I would have rathered gotten the duel arena like in the Wii version.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 3, 2010, 11:42 PM »
Which ending is the canon this time?

The Light Side ending is the canon ending.

In addition to the game being too short, there wasn't anything over-the-top or new to this as far as gameplay, besides 1 extra lightsaber and a dash more of violence. TFU 1 (to me) was just an excuse to add a new chapter to the 'Star Wars' galaxy, I don't think they cared much about making a stellar videogame. If anything, the cutscenes in both games combined are probably longer than the amount of gameplay you actually get.

The story itself is getting too drawn out, in my opinion, the story should have just ended at TFU 1. Cloning Starkiller (we don't even know if he is a clone) just complicated the story and stretched it out. I honestly hope a TFU 3 isn't made, they can just end with Starkiller and Juno disappearing into the galaxy, and we can just assume that Vader escapes Kamino (if he could free himself from the operating table, he can do it again this time).

Although I am interested as to whether or not the real Starkiller (the template for the clones, which is pretty much a corpse) is still on Kamino...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 4, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Since the Light Side ending really doesn't resolve the issue, it kinda stinks that there won't be a TFU3 - but if this is the kind of game they're gonna pump out, I really don't care either that there's not a TFU3.

It would be nice if a story exists that Lucas allows Dark Horse to do a concluding graphic novel to the story so there's at least an ending.

Obviously Vader somehow escapes from being imprisoned on the Rogue Shadow under the watch of Juno and Starkiller.

Maybe with the Light Side ending we're just supposed to assume that all of the other Starkiller clones that Vader sends after you were essentially abhorrations/mutations so perhaps the Starkiller you're playing as isn't a clone at all.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 4, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Obviously Vader somehow escapes from being imprisoned on the Rogue Shadow under the watch of Juno and Starkiller.

Actually, Vader is still left on Kamino when Starkiller leaves. The shot of Starkiller leaving Vader in the dark room is on Kamino, because you can see the fluorescent white hallway right before the doors close. I don't get why they left him by himself when they had made plans to take him to Dantooine, but oh well.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 5, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Wow, really?

That makes absolutely NO sense.

Why would they leave him on Kamino? Especially when Juno specifically says to Kota about how they're gonna send ships in all directions so the Empire doesn't know which one to follow to find Vader....

*sigh*

While I had fun playing the game, I kinda wish they had just left the Force Unleashed story alone with the first game now....
Peter

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #35 on: November 5, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Because they didn't.  He's in the cargo hold of the Rogue Shadow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 6, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Because they didn't.  He's in the cargo hold of the Rogue Shadow.

Whoopsies, sorry. I thought it was Kamino, because you can see a white hallway and black/red screens, similar to those on Kamino. That makes more sense now, I was wondering why they would leave Vader on Kamino. So I'm wondering what's up with Vader's escape now, because he's supposed to be taken to the Rebels' base on Dantooine, but in Episode IV he doesn't know there's a base there... I'm guessing a TFU 3 in the future. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: November 6, 2010, 02:01 PM »
My guess, story wise, is that Boba Fett intercepts them and frees Vader before they make it to Dantooine.  They never discussed the location in front of Vader.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 09:21 AM »
I'm guessing a TFU 3 in the future. 

Didn't they bring in a new head of LucasArts and he turned around and cancelled EVERYTHING that was in development - including The Force Unleashed 3?
Peter

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Oh, really? Oh well. At least now they can't mix up the storyline anymore. But I do wonder what ends up to happening to all those TFU characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing a story based on Maris Brood... ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Force Unleashed 2 character pack, Endor DLC out today

As if to apologize for the poor reception of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, the newly released character pack and Endor DLC are a mere 80 Microsoft points ($1) apiece on Xbox Live. Similar DLC packs for the original Force Unleashed were 800 MSP ($10) each. And no, the lower price is not a mistake according to Major Nelson. The DLC should be available on PSN when the story updates later today.

The character pack will allow you to play as Luke Skywalker clad in Dagobah Training Gear, Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Wars Battle Armor, Darth Malak (from Knights of the Old Republic), Han Solo, Lando Calrissian and Admiral "It's a trap!" Ackbar. It also includes new costumes for Starkiller.

The Endor pack delves into an alternate timeline, where Starkiller fires Ewoks as the rebellion launches its final attack on a -- GASP! -- fully armed and operational battle station. Let's face it, the only thing more cathartic than annihilating Ewoks would be some "Torture Jar-Jar" DLC.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2010, 08:34 AM »
Wow - cool - I guess I'll have to jump on getting both of these packs ASAP - I don't really mind spending $1 on each - of course, these add-ins should really have been there if you bought the $80 version of the game (but I digress...)
Peter

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Targets in my area have started to clearance out the collector's edition for both 360 & PS3 at $55ish.  Still a tad to high for me considering I just want the tin case and the game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:47 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 08:50 PM »

Recently our own Jim was at Pittsburgh Comic-Con and got to talk with Sam Witwer some about his Star Wars tie-ins, including his work on The Force Unleashed.  It's interesting I think how there was so much cut, kind of like a movie, from the games. :)

Read the Interview Here
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 06:44 PM »
I though it was funny how Witwer commented how taking Vader captive was a terrible mistake for Starkiller and Juno. Maybe Vader uses the force to blow them out of space and escape? Now that's an idea. Hopefully this whole storyline gets wrapped up in some way.