Author Topic: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread  (Read 62317 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I can confirm the good news that the new 3-figure style BPs are just $20 each.  Don't have my reciept on me, but I can post the DPCI when I get home tonight...

That would be much appreciated Jeff, thanks. I hit all 11 Targets in my area over the weekend and all of them are stubbornly refusing to initiate their resets in a timely fashion, so I think my only recourse to score these is the Jedi Mind-trick.

I've seen reports of literally like 5 or 6 different things popping up at Target that I really want in the past week.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Do we know for sure what other sets of these are "in stores" now besides "Ass. on Geo." and "Cad's Escape"? ie are the other 4 Jeff has listed supposed to be out now?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:23 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2011, 01:31 PM »
Do we know for sure what other sets of these are "in stores" now besides "Ass. on Geo." and "Cad's Escape"? ie are the other 4 Jeff has listed supposed to be out now?

Technically, the Droid Capture and Zillo Beast are "Wave 2", but some on-line shops did get in a small bit of Wave 2 cases with the initial wave 1 shipments.  The case-packs look like this -

Wave 1 box:
- 2x Geonosis Assault, 2x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt,
Wave 2 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast, 1x Droid Capture
Wave 2, Rev 1 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 2x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45 PM »
Agreed, that's a silver lining to the dark cloud that is 3-packs.  At least they're cheaper.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Not a lot of faith in Droid Capture pack, Hasbro? Defend Kamino gets slightly shorted, too.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2011, 01:21 AM »
I can post the DPCI when I get home tonight...

087-06-1511

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Thanks, I was able to find a single location locally that has these in stock, so it looks like I will be using the old Jedi Mind Trick after work today.  8)

Total on hand was 6, so I guess just a single case of Wave 1.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Technically, the Droid Capture and Zillo Beast are "Wave 2", but some on-line shops did get in a small bit of Wave 2 cases with the initial wave 1 shipments.  The case-packs look like this -

Wave 1 box:
- 2x Geonosis Assault, 2x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt,
Wave 2 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 1x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast, 1x Droid Capture
Wave 2, Rev 1 box:
- 1x Geonosis Assault, 1x Cad Bane Escape, 1x Defend Kamino, 2x Grievous Hunt, 1x Zillo Beast

This was really helpful to me - thanks. It confirms I am not crazy and really did see Wave 2 Rev 1 today and not just Wave 2. I kept wondering "how did I miss Capture the Droids?" and the numbers did not add up either since I know these run 6 to a case.

So I really didn't "miss" anything, although there is a good chance that Droids BP is shipping now too. Would be curious to know if anyone has spotted that one specifically.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21 PM »
The case that was just pulled for me was the Wave 1 mix - grabbed all six of them.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Sweet, lots of new toy mojo in effect for all.

I struck out at both Targets I hit up tonight - neither had any of the new BP's or Rapid Strike vehicles in stock, even in the back, so my Mind Tricks were for naught.

I'm not too worried about being able to pick all this stuff up over the next week or so though, hardly any of the Targets here have begun to reset yet at all.

I just want to jump on that cheap mini Y-Wing action before someone fixes that in the computer!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: August 3, 2011, 12:25 AM »
Sort of related to my Grievous question over in the DLX thread...

I was opening up my Hunt for Grievous BP tonight and I was surprised by the fact that Grievous is not just a "repack with a new cape", he's actually a brand new figure.

- new arms (no removable shoulder armor like CW10, definitely not the same arms as 2008 CW Grievous)
- new torso (lacking the mid-torso joint of previous Grievous figures)
- new legs (smoother knee joint, less defined/angular shins, new feet with peg-holes).

Can't tell if his head is new, but it sure looks like it...  overall, I'm really impressed they snuck this one in there. His cape is awesome and he looks sweet.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 12:31 AM by Jeff »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 3, 2011, 12:41 AM »
overall, I'm really impressed they snuck this one in there. His cape is awesome and he looks sweet.

Agreed - the cape is definitely a bonus addition to the figure and it fits the figure perfectly.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 3, 2011, 09:09 AM »
I just like the fact that in some of these new BP's they even tweaked the repack figures, like the dirty wash on Obi-Wan in the Geonosis set.

And I swear something looks different to me about the Anakin head sculpt in the Cad Bane's escape pack. Better.

"Just different enough to make you happy"

;)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 3, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Finally tracked down a target that did he reset, but someone best me to the best stuff. I did manage to get the 20 dollar cad bane in disguise figure with free army builder space anakin and ahsoka. The holocron is a nice touch though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 4, 2011, 12:39 PM »

I've seen reports of literally like 5 or 6 different things popping up at Target that I really want in the past week.

I saw quite a few new items at Target over the past few days:  Republic Attack Shuttle, new electronic lightsabers, smaller SW Transformers, Blu Ray commemorative packs, the R/C Republic Fighter Tank, the Rapid Strike Vehicles and yes, the new battle packs. 

Frankly, I am unimpressed with the new battle packs.  I only saw the Geonosis set with Obi-Wan, ARF Trooper & Geonosian plus the Ahsoka, Anakin & Cad Bane in Clone disguise.  Meh.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback