Author Topic: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread  (Read 62315 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars General Battle Pack Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 02:07 PM »
Thanks to that new pic, we can finally confirm the Army set - 1x 50st Clone, 1x 212th Clone, 2x White Clones.  Seems like all repacks, maybe minor deco variants depending on the blue and yellow/orange colors they use.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Star Wars The Clone Wars Battle Packs: Army of the Republic  now listed as coming soon on HTS with pictures available to check it out

A repack of this Star Wars The Clone Wars Battle Packs: Rishi Outpost Attack is also now listed as coming soon on HTS with pictures available to check it out

Thanks Jeff, good intel. I noticed this was also just listed as In Stock at EE, but the $28.99 price tag is too brutal. I'm down with one from HTS though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:31 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 03:58 PM »
Technically the 501st one is a "new" figure, isn't it? The old 501st clone wars clone trooper used the first helmet mold.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Technically the 501st one is a "new" figure, isn't it? The old 501st clone wars clone trooper used the first helmet mold.

There was a 501st trooper with darker blue stripes and the new helmet packed with a BARC speeder a couple of year ago. The one in the BP looks similar to that figure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 10:18 AM »
So what exactly does "Coming Soon" mean anyway?

I don't recall ever seeing that before on HTS, but I do seem to recall them doing pre-orders for certain items. Why wouldn't they allow that here? Does this imply it is an item further out in terms of anticipated arrival date?

How long do you guys think it will be before these are actually In Stock? Days/weeks?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 11:28 AM »
So what exactly does "Coming Soon" mean anyway?

I don't recall ever seeing that before on HTS, but I do seem to recall them doing pre-orders for certain items. Why wouldn't they allow that here? Does this imply it is an item further out in terms of anticipated arrival date?

How long do you guys think it will be before these are actually In Stock? Days/weeks?

They're very odd with pre-orders and stuff at HTS. The "coming soon" thing is pretty much a place holder page. One day it will be in stock. You'll have to keep checking back though. It sucks that it is thrown up there to apparently tease people.

The pre-orders always appear to be items listed as "in stock" but not shipping for several days or weeks. It's bizarre that they can't make a "pre-order" option in addition to the "in stock" option. I guess it would crash their system.  :P

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36 AM »
Thanks, Greg, it does seem like an odd process over there.

I can now report that both BP's are now available to Pre-Order, they must have updated sometime in the past 90 minutes. I went ahead and snagged the Army of the Republic pack for $30.94 total after discount (HTS10) so that's not so terrible. I'll save that much on gas just by skipping the store blitz for this thing.

For the love of God though, please put up that BARC w/Jesse deluxe set!  ;D

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 11:36 AM »
I frequent HTS a lot, and while I do not think anyone can answer your question with anything definite, I really thinks it is happening within 24 hours when it is "coming soon".

they get the pics up, and everything as a placeholder and once they get the quantity that they will have down they put them up for sale or pre-order.

in any case, they are up for pre-order now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 8, 2011, 08:49 AM »
Got my shipping notice from HTS last night for the Army of the Republic BP...it is officially on the way.  ;D

I have seen reports that this has been spotted in stores as well, but no signs around here yet.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2011, 09:27 AM »
I picked up the Army of the Republic BP last night at TRU. Figures I would find it the day before the one I ordered from HTS is due to arrive, but whateves. Now at least I have a back-up in case mine arrives damaged in the mail.

I'm not really into the army building thing, so this is sort of a ho-hum set for me, but it is sort of cool that they included a new battle mat, and the 501st clone (the blue one) looks slightly different to me somehow. Like the blue highlights are darker or something, not sure.

Happy to be all caught up with BP's for the foreseeable future though. Wonder if we will see more offerings in the fall?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 11:12 AM »
In case anyone is looking Star Wars The Clone Wars Battle Pack, Army of the Republic  is up at Walmart for $24.97 with free site to store shipping.  it looks like there may also be a free shipping to home option - not sure about it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56 PM »
In case anyone is looking Star Wars The Clone Wars Battle Pack, Army of the Republic  is up at Walmart for $24.97 with free site to store shipping.  it looks like there may also be a free shipping to home option - not sure about it.

I've actually seen this in a few stores over the past 2 - 3 weeks.  There hasn't been any shortage of these around me, but YMMV.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 08:41 AM »
yeah, I wasn't sure about this BP as I could care less about it.  Just threw it up there since it is a newer BP and maybe there were some peeps that have not stumbled upon it yet.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #73 on: May 2, 2011, 02:40 PM »

We are down to 3 figures in a Battle Pack now. It appears the bonus weapons in Legends are gone. Inflation is showing it's face in Star Wars too, it was inevitable I suppose.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: May 2, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Yeah, I was just looking at those.

Some neat new figures in there (Phase 2 Fives/Echo, Clone Armor Cad), but down to just 3x figures for $25? (or whatever BPs cost these days - is it $30 at TRU?)  If all three were new, maybe, but mixtures of little new with mostly repacks/repaints?  No thanks.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender