Author Topic: My Big Break? (has to do with movies)  (Read 1684 times)

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
My Big Break? (has to do with movies)
« on: July 16, 2003, 12:14 AM »
   Okay, okay, you'll probably laugh at me, but this was where I waned to post much more than "you know where" as the community over there is mostly phony and annoying.  (Sorry to all full-time RS'ers-what are you doing here?)

Anyway, the other night, my friend and I decided to make a Lego Studios movie . . . (We're thirteen and had nothing better to do . . . Go Figure.)  Anyway, we got really involved with the script and did a lot of camera movement and action sequences in great detail.  My friend's dad is the driver of carriages at the local Newport on the Levee.  (Err . . . puller . . . whatever)  And just as he was getting ready for a ride, his daughter (my friend) told him about the script.  And wouldn't you know, the person who was in the carrage was an aspiring director.  He looked at what we had, and told us to finish it and he'll consider it as a script.  (With a few changes, of course.) YAY!

Okay, I know it probably won't go through but I just thought I'd share a cool incident.  Laugh all you want.  
". . . now screwed we all will be."

-Yoda // Star Wars: Episode III: A Lost Hope

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: My Big Break? (has to do with movies)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 01:56 AM »
I don't see any reason to laugh at you about this amazing story you just told us.  I think that would be awesome if you could get your script to go somewhere high in movieland.  Do you know the person's name that took your script to get reviewed?  If things get serious, because of your age, you're parents will have to be involved in the whole process, and it would be smart to hire a lawyer to look over all the fine print.  Just some advice there, but you'll have to let us know how things turn out.
dustrho

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 02:29 AM »
   Yeah, I have to say this came at a good time.  This summer has been horrible- I found out my parents are getting divorced and I may have to move, but I hope not.  I just think it's awesome that since I was 10, I have wanted to be a screenwriter-seriously.  Not a director, not an actor, a screenwriter.  It just sounded cool-you get the general direction (my friend mostly) and flesh out the details.  

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 03:24 AM »
Keep us posted!
What a cool thing to happen.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 03:26 AM »
Hey, that's pretty cool jediguy!  Even if it doesn't wind up panning out for you, at least it's a start, and you'll gain a little knowledge from the experience hopefully.  But who knows, maybe you'll hit it big!   8)

And don't worry, no one here's gonna laugh at ya', lest they want a big ol' moderator's boot across their forehead!   ;D

Sorry to hear about your parents, and the possible move.  Hopefully everything works out for you and your family.  But try to get out there and enjoy your summer a little more if you can.  It'll at least keep your mind off the crappy stuff that's happening.  Good luck with the script, and let us know how it goes...

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 07:15 PM »
We talked with the guy today and he said he liked the premise.  Then he kind of told us his direction, so we are working on incorporating that into the story.  I'll keep ya guys posted!