Author Topic: MLB 2010  (Read 21216 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2010
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I'm a little late to the game but Dawson going in as an Expo is sort of odd.  He really got popular by being with the Cubs.  He was great with Montreal but Chicago is what he is really known for.  Plus, the Expos don't even exist anymore.  Kind of an odd choice by MLB.  Plus, I am biased being a Cub fan and all but still. 

Well should be another suck season for the Cubbies!  But I will still hope I suppose..sort of.  LOL!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 02:45 PM »
With the Super Bowl coming and going I'm getting really antsie for the MLB season. I hate Feb. and March.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 1, 2010, 01:04 PM »
Did they sign Mauer yet?  SI was hinting that it was close. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Yankees can find another catcher next year

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Eric Casilias (no idea how to spell his last name) was on ESPN today and he told this story:

He and his son were over at Eric's sister's house and she is a Yankees fan. She walks in on Eric's son drinking from the faucet from his cupped hands. She says "why don't you use one of my cups?" and he says "because they all have something about the Yankees on them".

I thought that was great.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2010, 02:50 PM »
Sitting here in MN wondering if the home Twins' game is going to get rained out. How awesome is that to finally get to say?!!!!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I know I'm the only White Sox fan on this site full of Twins fans, but I had to post how impressed I was with Mark Buehrle's play from yesterday's home opener.  That a way to set the defensive bar as high as possible on day one for the rest of the team to follow.  This is going to be a fun season to watch in the AL Central this year...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 8, 2010, 02:05 PM »
That was a damn good play.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 01:14 AM »
I know I'm the only White Sox fan on this site full of Twins fans, but I had to post how impressed I was with Mark Buehrle's play from yesterday's home opener. 

Not so hot today huh?   ;D

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26 AM »
I know I'm the only White Sox fan on this site full of Twins fans, but I had to post how impressed I was with Mark Buehrle's play from yesterday's home opener. 
Not so hot today huh?   ;D

Game started off okay with Buehrle striking out the side.  However, the fourth inning was a disaster...  At least Buehrle has a short memory and should bounce back... I hope...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 05:32 PM »
20-0?  Ouch.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49 PM »
GO PIRATES!!!!1111   :D

All you can eat seats, $35!  True story!  Get 'em now!  They're selling fast!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:50 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40 PM »
20-0?  Ouch.

Packers start the year off 1-0 and the Steelers are 0-1.  ;)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Congrats to the Pirates, the first team to have a 35+ run differntial in a 3-game series in 40+ years!  Congrats, getting outscored 36-1 (8-1, 8-0, 20-0) is no easy achievement!  When the Pirates lose, they lose BIG!  In thier 8 losses, they've been out-scored 85-13 (9.94 ERA).   :D

And congrats to the Yankees for their first triple play since 1968 (6,632 consecutive regular-season games without a triple play).  It's crazy to think with all their infield prowess over the last 40+ years, they hadn't turned one in that long... 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 02:57 PM »
And congrats to the Yankees for their first triple play since 1968 (6,632 consecutive regular-season games without a triple play).  It's crazy to think with all their infield prowess over the last 40+ years, they hadn't turned one in that long... 

Well, it was only the 6th time in 40 years that an opposing team has had two base runners at the same time, so it's not that odd.