Author Topic: birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.  (Read 6895 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.
« on: May 8, 2010, 10:09 AM »
has anyone seen this pack at retail,or is it a fall release?i saw someone over at rebelscum found this wave awhile back(like 2 months)but i have never seen it?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: birth of darth vader battle pack M.I.A.
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »
It's out. I've seen it a few times. Been tempted to pick one up for the droids.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I've seen it a couple of times as well.  But only at TRU stores.  It's not an exclusive, but that's the only chain where I've seen it in stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 8, 2010, 05:03 PM »
I've no interest in this thing or the other bp's in this wave, but I've only seen them once at TRU a few months back.  I guess they're up at HTS, or were?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2010, 05:28 PM »
I saw this at the local TRU, too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2010, 09:03 AM »
I saw this BP this past week at TRU as well - they restocked for the sale on BPs.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2010, 03:11 PM »
figures,the day after i start this thread i see this bp at tru,lol,the surprising thing is i have wanted it ever since i saw it was being produced,yet now that i spotted it at retail i passed,i think if they would have included the other surgical droid and maybe some detail to vaders collar breather i would have got it

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Well, I was forced to order the 2 BP's I wanted from this wave from HTS just last week, because they have NEVER been released here, and I'm starting to think they never will.

These are the only toys I have NEVER been able to find at a brick and mortar store. It's utterly baffling. They've been out for months in other states, and in quantity, but zilch in my area. And I was hitting 15-20 different stores every week for the past few months stalking them - TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, you name it.

Lots of my stores have empty space for new BP's too, they just weren't stocking them AT ALL.

I have a theory about this: I think Hasbro really cut back their production #'s on the last few items in the red/white packaging, and will be pushing these in much greater quantities with the new look and packaging. I've already seen photos of at least 1 BP from this wave in the new deco, so it seems plausible they would recycle these in greater numbers after the relaunch.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Well, I was forced to order the 2 BP's I wanted from this wave from HTS just last week, because they have NEVER been released here, and I'm starting to think they never will.

These are the only toys I have NEVER been able to find at a brick and mortar store. It's utterly baffling. They've been out for months in other states, and in quantity, but zilch in my area. And I was hitting 15-20 different stores every week for the past few months stalking them - TRU, Target, Walmart, K-Mart, you name it.

Lots of my stores have empty space for new BP's too, they just weren't stocking them AT ALL.

I have a theory about this: I think Hasbro really cut back their production #'s on the last few items in the red/white packaging, and will be pushing these in much greater quantities with the new look and packaging. I've already seen photos of at least 1 BP from this wave in the new deco, so it seems plausible they would recycle these in greater numbers after the relaunch.
i think ur theory sounds legit,and dont feel bad,i too have been searching high and low for this bp and yesterday was the first time i have ever seen it

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 10:33 PM »
I can understand why Hasbro used the outdated ROTS Vader and table, but I think they could have managed a newer Vader, perhaps from the Evo. set. It would have fit perfectly in the set, too. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14 AM »
I've only seen this one at TRU. If you keep it in the package, its cool.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours