Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150526 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #135 on: February 4, 2010, 04:48 PM »
Well I want to actually see the damn thing before deciding anything.  I am glad it's not 3 ft tall because they would charge $150 then we would all bitch about the price.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: February 4, 2010, 04:51 PM »
If it's a "fun" toy with enough nifty features, then I'll probably still buy it (and enjoy it) despite the scale issue.  (blasphemy! :-X)

I have two 3-year olds at home who LOVE the AT-TE and Turbo Tank and don't give a rats ass about scale when they are playing with it (in fact, they usually use the GH figures with both).  I'm sure they will manage to enjoy a new big-ass AT-AT even if it's not any better scaled than the previous version. ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #137 on: February 4, 2010, 04:56 PM »
Well I want to actually see the damn thing before deciding anything.  I am glad it's not 3 ft tall because they would charge $150 then we would all bitch about the price.

Thank you! (I would not have bitched as $50 more would buy a lot more AT-AT. But remember space can also be an issue. (The Toy still has to be manageable for a kid to play with. I would love to see a smaller kid pick up the BMF)
« Last Edit: February 4, 2010, 04:57 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 4, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Some of you need to be realistic. 

This thing needs to be able to fit on the shelf at WM, TRU, etc. and hit that magical PP of $99.99.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 4, 2010, 05:07 PM »

This thing needs to be able to fit on the shelf at WM, TRU, etc. and hit that magical PP of $99.99.

Agreed, but the legs do not need to be attached to the body and could have been bent in the box at the knee joint to fit. So it would have been completely possible for a 3ft version to fit in a box suitable for the shelves.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 4, 2010, 05:11 PM »
I cannot wait to position this Mech-Dog with a leg up and have it **** out a Speederbike!

I really needed a good laugh...thanks for that, Michael! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #141 on: February 4, 2010, 05:17 PM »

Agreed, but the legs do not need to be attached to the body and could have been bent in the box at the knee joint to fit. So it would have been completely possible for a 3ft version to fit in a box suitable for the shelves.

Good point - but I still maintain that Hasbro didn't scale it correctly to hit that $99.99 price point.

And we should be satisfied with this offering considering the trouble this line is in. . .

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #142 on: February 4, 2010, 05:29 PM »
Good point - but I still maintain that Hasbro didn't scale it correctly to hit that $99.99 price point.

And we should be satisfied with this offering considering the trouble this line is in. . .

I believe this as well and could not agree more to your last statement. They are pulling out the stops to revive the energy of the line. I really hope it works, I love this line and hate to fathom life without new stuff coming. Those were the dark times......

Back to topic this sounds like a real value for what's in there and the size despite "not being scale".
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #143 on: February 4, 2010, 05:55 PM »
Part of me would like to see this, as the AT AT has been my favorite vehicle/toy since 1980. But I also already have 3 AT-ATs (1 vintage and 2 POTF2). I have to think this would be a $150 pricepoint item, and I don't relish the idea of spending $300 to "upgrade" my hoth diorama that has been in a box for 2 years.

I think I'm getting old...  :-\

Just wait until they do a Kubrick build-a-walker.  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 5, 2010, 12:33 AM »
I'll wait and see pictures at Toy Fair... to scale or not to scale, if the head is still half as big as the body, I'm passing
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 5, 2010, 12:48 AM »

Please elaborate.  I missed this...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 5, 2010, 12:54 AM »
The reality of the situation is for me in Australia the BAT-AT will ultimately cost $249.00Au.
 that's at $1Au buying 90us cents 10% diff.
 i can guarantee that $249.00Au less 10% $24.90Au @ conversion =$224.10Au. $224.10 is not 10% dearer than $99.00us or even $150us.
 at $99.00us its like 60% and $150.00us 30% more expensive.
 even if you take into account that we pay 10% gst still doesn't work out.
 but $249.00Au is what the exact pricing of the turbo tank was at release so it will be the same again for the BAT-AT.

point being you all need think your selves lucky that your not paying that much.

and it won't go on sale at our tru they just don't have sales here. they are to greedy in aust.

(my personal opinion: I'm tired of being held to ransome for toys)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 5, 2010, 01:26 AM »

However much it sucks, that's sort of the boat you got in when you decided to collect something produced by an American company, predominantly sold to American consumers. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: February 5, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Yeah, what Rob said...

And that's not to say I don't feel bad (nor am I complaining about hte US price.  $100's not bad for the big assed stuff we've gotten like the AT-TE or this).  I've always liked to use this analogy though when I see someone in a foreign country upset by the price paid for the SW line (I feel far worse for the Canadians though, who used to do a little better with at least distribution at one time).

I like a couple things from Asia that weren't imported to the US by any mainstream company...  Stuff like Hot Toys snap-kit figures for instance, and Takara's Microman Aliens/Predator figures.  I loved those (I only have one MM Alien by the way, I can't justify the price of the others), and I'd have bought tons more of the items had they been affordable.  I paid about $12 per figure after shipping though, from an Asian company selling cases of Snap-Kit figures, because that was just the breaks...  They're sold like candy bars in the checkout aisles of stores in Asia, but they're pricey for a US collector to buy, and Microman stuff is really expensive it seems, just in general.

That's life trying to buy a toy not being shipped to the US or being shipped in some limited capacity... 

Chrysler LeBaron GTC's are actually collected in a car club in Europe because they're "rare" and liked there for some reason, especially the tougher models to find with turbo.  I beat the piss out of one daily and paid $3400 for it.  That's just the weirdness of imports/exports.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 5, 2010, 02:55 AM »

However much it sucks, that's sort of the boat you got in when you decided to collect something produced by an American company, predominantly sold to American consumers. 
At this point in the game i just pay what it costs.
don't forget my post was aimed at your awareness.
 and Asia is right next door its far less of a trip.
when you decided to collect something produced by an American company, predominantly sold to American consumers
your suggesting favoritism the only reason the word ''predominantly'' can be used is cause there are 308,618,000 Americans to 22,000,000 Australians our shops get filled just the same.
at the end of the day its an Asian product made by an Asian company advised by an American company.