Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150532 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2010, 11:03 PM »
This might be pretty redundant, but the Vintage packaging makes it look special. Although I wasn't around in the original Vintage days, this has a very retro, original feel to it.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 3, 2010, 12:46 PM »
Got the At-At and cracked it open this weekend. Like it, a lot, but don't love it. I can't quite put my finger on it. As a toy for kids - pure awesomeness. Really well thought out and just a treasure. However, I think the Falcon did a much better job of meshing kids and collector interest. It's just a tad too fat and I'm not digging the split level mid section as much as others. I would have also liked to have seen a working side door like in Jedi. That said, I'm still very, very pleased with the final product, and I will purchase at least one more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #362 on: August 3, 2010, 01:54 PM »
I have two of these already and have nothing but good things to say about them. This toy is so awesome, it's a must buy. What made me really happy was I was still able to fit the vehicle in my main display, I was a little worried about that. I had to leave the second one on the floor, but this is the one me and my daughter can mess with. We usually load it up with sesame Street dudes to attack Hoopers store.

I would love to buy two more but my collection room is running out of space...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 3, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Wow, it barely fit.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #364 on: August 3, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Wow, it barely fit.

Yup, but it still looks great like it's marching towards the Generator. Check out this pic:

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 3, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Those backdrops really make the display.  Without them, it would just look like everyone else's!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 3, 2010, 02:04 PM »
That's something I'm having trouble with, finding room for this thing.  Similar to the Falcon or AT-TE, they are mighty impressive, but a bit of a challenge to find room on a shelf for.  Right now, both the AT-AT and AT-TE are just sitting on the floor in our office - and our daughter enjoys messing around with them as well.  This reminds me of why I've been trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to cut back a bit on the non-OT ships, I barely have room for those let alone PT and CW stuff.  That being said, I'll most likely pick up that Slave 1 ship when that comes out :).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #367 on: August 3, 2010, 02:12 PM »
That's something I'm having trouble with, finding room for this thing.  Similar to the Falcon or AT-TE, they are mighty impressive, but a bit of a challenge to find room on a shelf for.  Right now, both the AT-AT and AT-TE are just sitting on the floor in our office - and our daughter enjoys messing around with them as well.  This reminds me of why I've been trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to cut back a bit on the non-OT ships, I barely have room for those let alone PT and CW stuff.  That being said, I'll most likely pick up that Slave 1 ship when that comes out :).

I hear you but might I suggest a closet hanger bay:

It helps with the bulky ships.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 3, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Those backdrops really make the display.  Without them, it would just look like everyone else's!

Speaking of backdrops, where'd you get them?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 3, 2010, 06:04 PM »
I had to leave the second one on the floor, but this is the one me and my daughter can mess with. We usually load it up with sesame Street dudes to attack Hoopers store.

Hooper was out of control, he had to be stopped.  Giving away cigar boxes, rubber duckies, soapdishes, even paper clips - dude was undercutting even Walmart.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 3, 2010, 08:30 PM »

Yes those are awesome man, they look great! I've used the couple 'package diorama's with my son's vehicles and they do add something to the display.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #371 on: August 4, 2010, 12:49 AM »

I made them from screen grabs and photoshopped aspects of them to flow with the set up. I removed some people and objects from some and had to recreate some of the scenery (The AT-AT shelf is a perfect example of this as well as the Lars homestead scene). I also acquired some official style guide art from EP3 from my ventures in the Toy industry (Jedi Temple/Coroscant Scenery). First you have to set up the display, size it, create the artwork, take down the display then print and stick the "Shelpaper". It's a long process but the result (yes, it's biased) speaks for itself. FYI - See my collection thread here for more images of the room. My Blog hosts better photos you can click on to make them uber large to see even more detail.

Hooper was out of control, he had to be stopped.  Giving away cigar boxes, rubber duckies, soapdishes, even paper clips - dude was undercutting even Walmart.

Target eliminated. Elmo was a casualty. He was a newbie anyway...
« Last Edit: August 4, 2010, 12:56 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 4, 2010, 03:59 AM »
What a great vehicle! I'm still a little in awe of it after a week!

All I could think of while putting it together was the one I made a s a kid with Luke hanging from my dad's dental floss dispenser.

i caught hell for that one.

I don't think there is a large scale vehicle I could resist buying. These things are amazing!

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2010, 07:58 AM »
Just picked up my AT-AT today what a beast  ;D

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Dang this is a good looking toy. I'm amazed at all the features, the size, and the price. I worry a bit about the rubbery neck and ends of the puppet handle. I hope they hold up over time.