Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150555 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Actually, if the legs had to be atttached, the box could be much, much smaller than the actual vehicle.  As long as they don't attach like the At-te's legs...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2010, 09:50 AM »
Or unless the legs are SA and fold nicely like the At-St.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 10:40 AM »
Wow, 6 figures in the head?!? That's awesome. maybe even dare I say TOO big. I'd have been happy with it being big enough for 4.

Not that I like going there, but RS is reporting that the AT-AT is nearly 3ft tall.

Good, that's really what we need.  2 or 3 AT-ATs for Dressel please.

I had 2 of the 1980 mold.  1 actual vintage, which I keep for old time's sake but don't display.  And the other one from the 90's that I sold.

The advent of the AT-ST and especially the AT-TE just flat make the old AT-AT look bad.  I understand it has play value for kids, but that's now what most collectors are in this for.

I expect great things from this new version, and I've got $200 each for a few of them if it's done correctly.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 11:09 AM »
Didn't everyone expect the AT-ST to be in the $69.99 neighborhood?  I think $200 for a toy is kinda pushing it personally, but freakishly tall at 3' and 6 figures in the cockpit?  Hmmm.  Will be interesting when it's finally revealed.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm anticipating the cost on this one. While I'd like to do multiple purchases for it, I"ll hold off on that. Likely I'll buy one at full price and HOPE for clearance later for my multiple purchases.

Whew, I guess this means I can sell off some of those older molds. (If I get multiple purchases that is.)

I may be getting ahead of myself though. We still have yet to see the real thing.

But if Hasbro gave the AT-AT the treatment it did for the AT-TE and BMF, then we should be in for a real treat.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 01:36 PM »
If this ends up being all it sounds like it could be it should be awesome and maybe even "worth" $200, but I can't see how I could ever justify that much for one item anymore.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 02:24 PM »
If this ends up being all it sounds like it could be it should be awesome and maybe even "worth" $200, but I can't see how I could ever justify that much for one item anymore.

I hear ya. With my budget for SW toys severely (though self imposed and I could afford more) cut, $200 would take a huge chunk of it. I'm hoping for $150 at the most. Though $100 would be just fine if it really has all the bells and whistles we're hearing about and is as big as has been reported.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 02:54 PM »
I'd pay $200 for large killer playsets.  But would actually rather see them be made modular, and be around $40-$50 each.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I'd pay $200 for large killer playsets.  

If you guys want to continue to re-hash the "$200 buildable/modular DS" idea (yet again), take it over here...

The Playset Thread

Thanks! ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 04:19 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 01:47 AM »
The head holds 6 figures?  And it'll be 3 feet tall?  I sure hope so, but I'll be amazed if they can price it at the rumoured $114 MRSP.  I'll be ecstatic to get it at that price, but I'll still be amazed considering the insane price increases on ships in the last year.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I think I asked this about the BMF - but provided everything pans out and this thing is an awesome beast...are you guys planning on getting rid of your old vintage/potf2/tsc versions?  I'd like to at least hold on to one for old times sakes especially since I never owned any version of that old school mold until 2002.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 11:03 PM »
I think I asked this about the BMF - but provided everything pans out and this thing is an awesome beast...are you guys planning on getting rid of your old vintage/potf2/tsc versions?  I'd like to at least hold on to one for old times sakes especially since I never owned any version of that old school mold until 2002.

I built that diorama shelf in my room to hold a hoth battle with two POTF2 AT-ATs...I don't think a new one will even fit in there, so I'm reluctant to upgrade at this point.  I'm actually hoping it's not all that different from the last one given the possible $99 price point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06 AM »

I'll likely keep one of them, but if it's as good as reported, I'll buy one or two of the new versions and either sell the old ones or donate the ones I still have MIB to charity.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09 AM »
At one time I had four of the POFT2 version, ended up parting with a couple of them a while back just because I realized I didn't need that many. 

With this new one coming out, I'm planning on getting two of the new one, then with the old ones I'll give one to my son to do with what he wishes, and the other one I'll most likely take it apart for custom fodder, which I am really excited about.   :)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 02:19 PM »
At one time I had four of the POFT2 version, ended up parting with a couple of them a while back just because I realized I didn't need that many. 

With this new one coming out, I'm planning on getting two of the new one, then with the old ones I'll give one to my son to do with what he wishes, and the other one I'll most likely take it apart for custom fodder, which I am really excited about.   :)

OOh that's a good idea. I may just do that with one of mine.

OH!! This just came to me, how about making custom painted ones. Kind of like what they did with the Vader Helmets and more recent Stormtrooper helmets???

I'm certain the we the collecting community could come up with some great designs as I'm just as certain that many of us will be looking to get rid of the older ones. So this would present a great opportunity to recycle some of them and in an artistic way.

If we could get this started, I'd be happy to take the lead on it. I still have Mary Franklin's e-mail and number and I think even Steve Sansweet's e-mail. So it's an idea we could run by them to see if LFL would be interested in doing this. It would be in keeping with the Imperial theme thus far. Being a big ESB anniversary might even help sell the idea. And heck if it all clicks maybe even have a special display of them at Celebration 5.

What do you folks think? Bring in the new AT-ATs and send off the old ones in grand style!