Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150523 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33 AM »
But that's the problem, many are looking at this prototype photo and saying "Pass."  (check otheR site...)Hasbro needs to release only full on, completed product photos.  That way people will know what they are saving for.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2010, 10:37 AM »
Hasbro needs to release only full on, completed product photos. 

I'm sure they will around Toy Fair, but I don't think they intended on this photo leaking if it really is what it is and if it's really a photo from them
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45 AM »
They do need to release the photos, but that's what they want to hold in their pocket for Toy Fair (amongst other things).  When photos like this are leaked, I'm sure it irritates the hell out of Hasbro.  But that's what you get with the internet age.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Suffice to say this is creating a huge buzz in the SW collecting world.

Could you imagine if the AT-AT isn't being done at all? How disappointed would we be if come Toy Fair there is NO AT-AT?

I would hope then that seeing the buzz generated by discussion and even a "leaked" photo, real or not, that there is some merit to making this.

If the AT-AT turns out to be real (even if the one in the photo isn't), I think Hasbro is going to find they've made many fans happy. It's just the waiting that bothers the heck out of us. We all know Hasbro much prefers to release this information at official venues like Toy Fair and SDCC, but many of us still have the mentality of want to have it now. I'm guilty sometimes of that myself.

I think most of us would be satiated if Hasbro were to at least DIRECTLY confirm the AT-AT as a toy being released this year. Lord knows we can't trust then when they say no though. They tried to do that with the Falcon and AT-TE and it didn't work. SO they might as well just fess up to the fact that the AT-AT is coming out. Then we all can eagerly anticipate seeing it officially for the first time at Toy Fair.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 10:55 AM »
just as easy as those people are saying "pass" when they see these leaked images they can, and probably will flop when the see the real deal

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that a lot of the people saying they will pass will actually go ahead and buy it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 12:14 PM »
I'm not near the expert on all the scale/differences/etc., but it looks like a new/different AT-AT to me as well.  I know that I'll likely pick up one, probably at full price unless it is incredibly disappointed.  It would be neat to have a few, but I just don't have the room (or budget) for that.  It was said earlier in this thread I believe, but after getting the recent AT-ST (not to mention the AT-TE and Falcon), but those really made that POTF2 AT-AT look "old".  As long as it is a fair amount larger than the previous version, and has some nice features, I think I'd be happy.

It was mentioned over on RS today that this will likely come out in the new "CW" theme packaging.  Not that I expected anything different, but I was just thinking how neat it would be if we got things like this and the new Snowspeeder/Cloud Car in vintage packaging as well.  I know all of those will likely see the blue CW themed stuff, just like in the past, but it would be cool if they used that vintage-type packaging (similar to the VOTC/VTSC and upcoming "vintage" line) on the non-CW stuff like this as well.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2010, 01:04 PM »
It would be really cool if this was in a vinatge type box.  My favorite part would be the picture of a kid in a yellow turtle neck shirt playing with it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2010, 01:40 PM »

;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Back door, huh?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I might just store my Endor logs in ye ol ass hatch.   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 02:25 PM »
so isn't the above pic just another example of how easy it is to photoshop ths stuff?

edit:  the new pics from toy fair are making me believe a little more now.   :P

double edit:  so the snow speeder looks to have a tow on it to trip up the AT-AT - further confirmation...   ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:34 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2010, 05:29 AM »
hope it looks this good

or as good as the 1 in the link witch is a custom.

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19994.0.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Wowzers, if this is the new AT-AT, then hells yeah, I'll be buying it. Is this a picture of a model? Looks familiar.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:01 AM by Jeff »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I believe that is the Master Replicas AT-AT.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird