Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150543 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2010, 11:52 AM »
I believe that is the Master Replicas AT-AT.

Damn...lol.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2010, 04:15 PM »
More AT-AT Details (rumors) from RS:

Rebelscum reader Boba Fatt sends in a report on the highly-anticipated BAT-AT: "Damn, it's HUGE!"

According to this eyewitness account, it looks like a Turbo Tank on legs, with an interior similar to the inside of the Turbo Tank, but with 2 levels, opening doors, a gun rack, and an underside hatch for Luke to slice into. There are 2 strings that come out of a side panel like on a rescue helicopter. The neck seal is rubber, and the head holds 6 figures inside, including General Veers. Plus, the rear opens for a Blizzard Force speeder bike. Still no photos yet, but this matches all previous reports.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2010, 04:38 PM »
the head holds 6 figures inside, including General Veers.

Sooo... does that mean "the head holds 6 figures inside, including someone tall like General Veers" or is the rumor now being updated to say that a new?/repack?/kitbash? General Veers is coming with the AT-AT? 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2010, 04:44 PM »
I know it's strange. I was/am under the impression that it includes the AT-AT Driver per the info I received on it last week. We'll see I guess.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:57 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2010, 09:51 PM »
I could personally care less about extra figures and speederbikes with the inclusion of this set.  I just want this BAT-AT (what's the b stand for?) to rock my socks off.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2010, 09:59 PM »
B=big?

I also could care less who the figure is, since I'm buying it anyway.  I'd be surprised if it were Veers.  A Snowtrooper Commander would be nice.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2010, 12:15 AM »
I could be wrong but it sounds like a new General Veers over in Scum's thread.  Unless they were just assuming that?  Eh, we'll find out soon enough it sounds like.  Time to start saving the pennies again it sounds like!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2010, 08:29 AM »
yeah, on the RS main page it says someone that was at the UK TF reported that:

The card game/figure stand concept was on display, but no new figures were shown, except for what looks like an updated new General Veers...thought to be included with the BAT-AT.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2010, 10:04 AM »
it is most likely needa with veers head and new chest armor & helmet

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2010, 12:07 PM »
it is most likely needa with veers head and new chest armor & helmet

Or just plain AT-AT commander.....
http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=3228

The vintage figures look great but I am puzzled how they are remaking figures that were pretty solid when so many others need it more.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:12 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: February 3, 2010, 02:33 PM »
From the Q&A at TNI:
Well, we can confirm that there is indeed a great new AT-AT coming this fall. Set to hit shelves on 8-1, it will be offered at a $99.99 SRP (same as the AT-TE and Turbo Tank) and will be an all-new version, rethought from top to bottom with great new play features, a lot of room for figures, and a huge number of electronic phrases and sounds. It has been designed with both collectors and kids in mind, and we think that it will wow both audiences. As for size, we don't know the exact height off-hand, but it is much bigger than the vintage Kenner version when all three dimensions are considered in person. Look for more details, and photos, at Toy Fair. Bring your tape measure!

Nice to see the $99.99 price tag confirmed.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #116 on: February 3, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Awesome!!!
Count me in for 2-4! 2 out of the Gate and maybe two more at clearance/sale time!

I hop that when they say they will have all of the Vintage wave on display they mean it. I am officially really excited, the community needed some new news, fan site traffic has been really slow across the board.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 3, 2010, 02:49 PM »
SWEET!

I'm glad that Hasbro confirmed this ahead of time. Now the rumors can be put to rest and we can eagerly anticipate seeing the pics. Oh and PLEASE, take dimensions. Height, width, length. If possible, take an old AT-AT with you if they'll let you in with it, to compare sizes. I know that's asking a bit. Maybe shoot off a message to Hasbro and ask them if they'll have the old mold there to compare against so you don't have to trudge one about.

I'm very happy about this and the price is right on the mark!

I'll gladly get a new one. And maybe 2 more when it clearances...
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 02:50 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 3, 2010, 03:18 PM »
This is exciting news (not that the lead up rumors/news to the confirmation wasn't), but it's nice to have it confirmed.  The all new design and price tag sounds great.  I'll anxiously wait to own one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 3, 2010, 03:34 PM »
Not sure if this was ever answered, but does Hasbro trash the old molds/tools when we get these updates on these "classic" vehicles?  Not sure why anyone would want the old stuff - perhaps some vintage throwback in the years to come?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN