Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150545 times)

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Dang this is a good looking toy. I'm amazed at all the features, the size, and the price. I worry a bit about the rubbery neck and ends of the puppet handle. I hope they hold up over time.

That seems pretty sturdy, actually
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42 AM »
Yeah its sturdy the leg's are strong the rubber neck is loose and should last long time. Im prob never going to turn the head anyways. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I'm wondering - but there are also images of an AT-AT package, but the box is white, and it says "The Vintage Collection" in the top right-hand corner. The picture on the front is the format of the TRU-exlusive packaging. What is this? I thought there were only going to be 2 packaging types for this thing - the "Vintage" styled theme and the "Shadows of the Dark Side" theme.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00 AM »
It's reported elsewhere there are some AT-AT's showing up in Canada with retro style "SPECIAL OFFER 2 STORMTROOPERS (Hoth Battle Gear)" stickers that show the Vintage carded snowtrooper from a few years ago, which I guess means they are included.

I haven't gotten the AT-AT yet, so maybe I should hold out for that version.  8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 18, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Noticed tonight that TRU jacked up their AT-ATs to $109.99 after having them on sale last week for $89.99.  I guess the chosen one Jeff was saying that the Canadian version with the free Snowtroopers will end up at US Costco or Sams later this year....I guess.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #380 on: August 18, 2010, 11:35 PM »
Jeff was saying that the Canadian version with the free Snowtroopers will end up at US Costco or Sams later this year....I guess.   :)

Just to clarify, that info about Sam's/CostCo potentially carrying that AT-AT in the USA came from a pretty solid source, but technically it is still just a rumor at this point (nothing is "official" until confirmed by Hasbro, yada yada yada).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 20, 2010, 11:05 AM »
GH is reporting that the TRU Exclusive AT-AT in vintage packaging has been found in the Center of the Toy Universe, AKA Arizona. Looks like the price will be $109.99.

Was going to cave and buy this when it finally arrives on the East Coast in a few months, but I think I will have to pass because space is fast becoming an issue with my collection. Bummer.  :(

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 20, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Does anyone know if the vintage AT-AT shares the same UPC as the regularly packaged version?  Haven't cracked mine open yet, but would gladly exchange it to have the vintage packaging.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 20, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Noticed tonight that TRU jacked up their AT-ATs to $109.99 after having them on sale last week for $89.99.  I guess the chosen one Jeff was saying that the Canadian version with the free Snowtroopers will end up at US Costco or Sams later this year....I guess.   :)

Perhaps the two snowtroopers are to placate Canadians because the only sound affect we're getting is Vader breathing? 

Yup, we're officially bilingual (English/French) and because Hasbro (completely reasonably) did not translate all the phrases into French as well as English we're apparently getting AT-ATs that do not have much of anything of the talking aspect.  The other sound affects work ok, but no talky-talky. 

I **** you not on this one.  I was actually contemplating getting one, but it'd have to be Stateside now.  Plus retail up here is regularly $129.00 plus the 12% tax for the non-vintage version makes this a pass as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 20, 2010, 06:53 PM »
They should've included the sound of a toilet flushing and a cash register's "cha-ching".  :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 29, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Saw the vintage box version at TRU recently. I also noticed they jacked up the price another $10 for both box versions. Why would they stock the shelves with it at $99 then raise the price to $110 a few weeks later? I guess then they can put it back on sale for $99 later? That is what they did to the BMF. Initially it was $99, then they raised it to $130 and then put it on clearance for $99.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 29, 2010, 04:12 PM »
Although I haven't seen the vintage box version, I did notice the price was raised to $110 at our store as well.  Not that it is outrageous, as it seems like a pretty nice toy for $100 anyways, but it just stinks to see price hikes like that out of nowhere.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28 PM »
I saw the Vintage package today (And the price hike). I was not as enamored with the Vint package as I thought I would be, it's cool but I can pass. I am happy I paid $100 fro both of my AT-AT's and the Slave One set before the hike. The extra $10 makes these feel expensive. Target has the AT-AT on shelf for $10 less, that's worth the drive to buy it there. I get their exclusives getting the premium but the standard release makes zero sense.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 1, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Saw the vintage version yesterday for the first time in person.  Really looked nice, but as an opener, I already have one new AT-AT and I'm happy with it... I'd like to get a second one, but right now am not feeling much of a rush to. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 1, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Saw the vintage version yesterday for the first time in person.  Really looked nice, but as an opener, I already have one new AT-AT and I'm happy with it... I'd like to get a second one, but right now am not feeling much of a rush to. 

I haven't seen the vintage package, but my feelings are the same as yours. It looks cool, and I want a second BAT-AT, but I'll probably wait for a sale or coupons to come my way.