Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57312 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #180 on: April 9, 2010, 11:53 AM »
Tarkin I'd put in the "needs an upgrade" list too...  POTF2's sloppy today (Tarkin, a slight guy and not overly tall, towers over every officer these days but maybe Veers, :) ), and the ROTS figure's not Peter Cushing, nor the right uniform style either.

Oh, I agree completely.  I think Tarkin is due for a resculpt.  To me, he is sort of in the same boat as Wedge Antilles as being one of the more underrated characters of the OT.  Sure, he is just in the original Star Wars, but he was pretty much the main "bad guy" - even if Vader did get all the attention (and rightfully so).  Hopefully they'll find room for him in an upcoming wave.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #181 on: April 9, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Agreed on Tarkin being under rated. It's funny characters like Tarkin & Jabba have gotten the plastic treatment several times but they always seemed to fall short. The POTF2 head sculpt is still pretty good in regards to likeness. The bulky tall body with the big meat palm hands is another story.

I am extremely happy that Han Bespin as it stands now will be all new. Despite really wanting a new one now I am happy to wait 18 months for a better one that does not use the barrel chest/ skinny leg template. For me, this is my most anticipated figure.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2010, 12:11 AM »
I'm happy that a lot of bounty hunters are being put into the SL assortment, it's pretty cool that we're now getting these baddies over, well, say Saessee Tiin or Plo Koon. ;) It also coincides w/ the "Bounty Hunters" theme of TCW TV show.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #183 on: May 7, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Something of interest for those carded collectors of this line. I recently acquired the 4-LOM/Zuckuss Exclusive set (Jedi-Con version) and upon opening it I noticed right away that the cards have the punch removed from the cards. One would think that if there was the prospect of having unpunched cards for this line that figures packed within an outer box would have had the best chance of still having them. Not the case here, I'm thinking that even if you order figures by the case, none of them with have the punch intact, let alone rattling around loose inside the shipper case.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: May 7, 2010, 11:51 PM »
That seems to answer that then I'd think... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2010, 07:36 AM »
Is it just myself that is a little disapointed in the lack of never before sculpted characters?

I'm thrilled we are going vintage,but due to an increased focus on "Old Stuff" we can count the new recruits to the character tally as...Bom Vimdin and Ratts Tyrell.

Have i missed any?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:57 AM by jono »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2010, 12:58 AM »
Well Dak Ralter and Han with his jacket are technically "new" characters I suppose.  Although it will be another pilot and Han.  So, no I think that is all for "new" sculpted figures Bom and Ratts.  They are just focusing on the more core type characters to "get the collectors back" strategy.   

I thought they were going to add later Wooof and Skiffmaster Weequay as well.  I just don't know when?  I thought Wooof was next year at some point. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2010, 01:49 AM »
As much as I like getting new, the OT's riddled with resculpt possibilities...  Lots of figures from troopers to main characters have been needing a new version for eons now, so I'm pretty happy to be getting lots of that stuff hashed out.

The AT-AT Commander is, for all intents and purposes, a new figure as well.  He's very generic obviously compared to Veers...  I guess the argument could be made that the POTF2 one is the same character but the ranks don't match up.

Speaking of that, the rank on his badge and his armor don't match.  I found that funny. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2010, 03:46 AM »
Yeah fair points. Also i'm thrilled to be getting a good Rebel soldier,Endor commander et al -just wish there was  a few more new 'uns aswell. We will have to see how it all pans out.

Also forgot about Skiffmaster for spring 2011.

Oh and Wooof is comming this year in the Jedi wave.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:30 AM by jono »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Well Dak Ralter and Han with his jacket are technically "new" characters I suppose. 

I just want to be technically nerdy for a moment. Dak was releases with the Saga Wal-Mart snowspeeder set. Han is new.

I am with Jesse that there are many core POTF2 era figure that really need resculpts. From what I am reading I am satisfied with the never before down figure being sprinkled in the line. I like the concentration of resculpts and hope to see more.

Not counting the upcoming needed resculpts this year think about how many characters need a resculpt: Yakface, Ishi Tib, Nien Numb, Skiff Guards, Logray, Teebo, Leia Ewok Dress, Yavin Leia, Peitt to name a few. I can see excitment once again surrounding the line again. I think the EU wave lit the fire to go into the Vintage line. With that said year two may be more "new" in terms of characters. I think sales on this line will rock.

The only new figure rumor news I am disappointed in is Yerka Mig got pushed back for a long unforeseen time. That's a real background loser I would have liked to see sooner than later.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2010, 11:12 AM »
I just want to be technically nerdy for a moment. Dak was releases with the Saga Wal-Mart snowspeeder set.

To be technically nerdy, it was released in the POTJ line.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2010, 11:54 AM »
I just want to be technically nerdy for a moment. Dak was releases with the Saga Wal-Mart snowspeeder set.

To be technically nerdy, it was released in the POTJ line.  ;)

Technical Nerdiness internal file has been corrected. :D

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2010, 12:39 PM »
Yep, I did forget about that "sleeping" Dak figure.  I know how could I?  LOL!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2010, 12:51 PM »
I'm in the camp that is happy to see some OT resculpts as well.  I can see why some might get upset at the lack of "all new" characters, but we really are starting to get to the bottom of the barrel for a lot of the movies.  Of the figures we know of so far, I can see some of the resculpts being head scratchers (if we just recently got an all-new one), but so far the figures all look pretty good.  Like Jesse and others have mentioned, there really is quite a bit from the OT that could stand a re-do at this point.  Not that the previous versions are awful in every case, but Hasbro in general has come a long way in sculpting/paint/articulation/etc. in the past few years and I think we'd be surprised how much better they would look now in many cases.  Heck, I think the majority of my "want lists" are filled with resculpts anymore, as well as a few "all new" figures, and as long as we continue to get one here and there (one per wave would be nice) I'm happy.  Otherwise, bring on new versions of Bespin Han, Wicket, Ackbar, Gamorrean Guard, etc. ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2010, 11:52 AM »
From Yakface:

The Vintage Collection Wave 3
1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
1x Ackbar (21483)
1x Jedi Luke (21484)
1x Skiff Guard - Woof (21485)
1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
1x Rebel Commando (21487)
1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
1x Clone Trooper (20833)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

The Vintage Collection Wave 4
1x Zam Wiessel (24989)
1x Obi-Wan (24990)
1x Peasant Anakin (24991)
1x Peasant Padme (24992)
1x Jango Fett (24993)
1x Kit Fisto (24988)
1x Mace Windu (24994)
1x Blue Senate Guard (24995)
1x Super Battle Droid (24996)
1x Grievous with Cape (20824)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

There are some very interesting choices here.  Very excited obviously by Wedge (hope he's not labeled Rebel Pilot on the card...) and Peasant Padme.  Kneesa???