Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57321 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2010, 10:18 PM »
From the pic we've seen, it looks like Grievous is just a repack with a new cape.  

Actually, if you look closely, Grievous' arms have been retooled to include swivel forearms/wrists - a definite improvement/upgrade to the TLC version as those arms were somewhat limiting in how you could pose them when holding lightsabers/blasters.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:19 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Actually the original sculpt's arms twisted, but up at the elbow and not down so low.  It gave the same articulation point though, and better hidden.

Also it doesn't appear, to me anyway, that all the wrists are improved, possibly just two...  so my theory is they're meant to pop-off for the Utapau Duel with Obi-Wan, more than act as additional articulation.  I could be wrong but I'm betting this is the reason there's cuts at the wrists now anyway.

With that in mind I'm probably going to display mine with the hands off for his final moments.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2010, 02:04 AM »
Also it doesn't appear, to me anyway, that all the wrists are improved, possibly just two...  so my theory is they're meant to pop-off for the Utapau Duel with Obi-Wan, more than act as additional articulation.  I could be wrong but I'm betting this is the reason there's cuts at the wrists now anyway.

One step further, this is Spider Grievous. That's the reason for the additional articulation in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2010, 07:38 AM »
Also it doesn't appear, to me anyway, that all the wrists are improved, possibly just two...  so my theory is they're meant to pop-off for the Utapau Duel with Obi-Wan, more than act as additional articulation.  I could be wrong but I'm betting this is the reason there's cuts at the wrists now anyway.

Here is where I see all four arms given the added articulation or severed hand feature:

« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:38 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2010, 10:37 AM »
I think I'm definitely going to just stick to doing the OT carded. Who knows? Maybe I'll change my mind, but at this point, I'm really growing cold toward the PT.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Ah ok I see the other one on the right.  I saw only one on each arm.  The one left one's sort of hard to tell, but I thought the upper right one didn't look cut till you circled it.  I wonder if there's any other changes then?

The Spider-version of him is an interesting suggestion too, by JACK, but wouldn't it need further articulation/modification for that?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2010, 02:25 AM »
It would have been swell if Hasbro included ball-jointed hips.  ;) That would REALLY make him Spider Grievous!

I also really like the new head. And the repainted cream-colored armor looks better than the dark silver armor the TLC figure had.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: April 8, 2010, 01:07 PM »
Looks like Hasbro confirmed the "Greatest Hits" figures that we will see in the Vintage line in 2010 - 

- 4-LOM (EpV wave)

- Stormtrooper (EpIII wave)  [pretty sure this should be Sandtrooper based on the other lists Hasbro has issued]
- Commander Cody (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Obi-Wan (EpIII wave)
- EpIII Clone Trooper (EpIII wave)

- Yoda with hover chair (EpVI wave)

- EpII Obi-Wan (EpII wave)
- Mace Windu (EpII wave)
- Super Battle Droid (EpII wave)

Seeing that, it sort of makes me wonder what will be "new" about the RotS Anakin in wave 2 - I wonder if they are finally going to give us a "sith eyes" repaint of the Evo sculpt... or maybe dare I hope upgrade the articulation on that EVO sculpt even more?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #173 on: April 8, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Elbows would be appreciated...  The neck could stand some retooling too since he's constantly looking up.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: April 8, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Yeah, those are two sore spots for sure.  Hopefully they are upgrading him and not just giving him a new cape or cloak or something simple like that...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 8, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I could see Anakin getting some articulation upgrades.  I can't remember when it was, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro mentioned that at some point in past Q and A's - that they wanted to upgrade the Evo Anakin a bit articulation-wise.  I hope so anyways.  The "Greatest Hits" choices don't look too bad I guess, nothing too unexpected there, aside from maybe Yoda with hover chair.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 8, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Seeing that, it sort of makes me wonder what will be "new" about the RotS Anakin in wave 2 - I wonder if they are finally going to give us a "sith eyes" repaint of the Evo sculpt... or maybe dare I hope upgrade the articulation on that EVO sculpt even more?

Hasbro had clarified from a distant Q/A (don't remember which) that they were planning to upgrade the TAC 2008 Wave 1 Anakin w/ SA elbows. I think I recall them saying this would be a Jedi Temple Raid/Sith Lord version of the character, so that would mean he would probably have Sith eyes.

As for the hoverchair Yoda, Im curious because Hasbro listed this version under the Episode VI Greatest Hits.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 8, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Although I'm not necessarily encouraging repacks over new figures, I hope Hasbro takes the opportunity to card some of the figures that maybe should have been in the original vintage line - like Slave Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Tarkin, and (if updated) Rebel Fleet Trooper.  The list could go on, but these seem like good ideas for repacks on these vintage cardbacks.  Granted, there is still time as this is supposed to run at least a couple years, but I think those could work.  Also wouldn't mind seeing the Jawa and others just to "complete" that vintage card "set" eventually.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: April 8, 2010, 10:47 PM »
Tarkin I'd put in the "needs an upgrade" list too...  POTF2's sloppy today (Tarkin, a slight guy and not overly tall, towers over every officer these days but maybe Veers, :) ), and the ROTS figure's not Peter Cushing, nor the right uniform style either.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 9, 2010, 12:44 AM »
It's a good thing they are getting those Super Battle Droids, Ep III Obi-Wans, and Ep III Clone Troopers back out on the shelves, haven't seen any of those since...oh, wait, since every time I've been down the toy aisle the last two years.

Seriously, I applaud them getting figures like the new EpII Obi-Wan back out there from that low-quantity run last year, even Cody makes a little sense, but c'mon. The only reason to put ROTS Obi back out there is to have him on the vintage-y card.

Another random thought, will the Storm/Sandtrooper have a "Revenge of the Sith" logo on the card since he's coming with that wave?Likewise will hoverchair Yoda have a "Return of the Jedi" logo?