Author Topic: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?  (Read 64664 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Boba Fett Mail-Away Offer?
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2010, 01:25 PM »
Thanks guys, I know the deadline's far off but Hasbro has a terrible track record (IMHO) recently of ordering enough product for these promotions. And the Boba Fett one is probably going to be their most popular one ever. I'm guessing if I don't get this in within the next few weeks I am looking at one of those loathsome postcards for sure.

I did just discover this past week though, that there are actually eBay auctions for just UPC's. That's a lot better than buying extra figures I didn't need just for the little strip of cardboard.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2010, 03:16 PM »
If you're really worried about it, PM me a mailing address and I"ll send you a POP - I've got a few extras.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Ha, ha, funny.  That's actually Kate Winslet.  Bieber is on my other computer.   ;)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:22 PM by Darby »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2010, 05:56 PM »
If you're really worried about it, PM me a mailing address and I"ll send you a POP - I've got a few extras.

Hold up Rob! Trade it for one of the numerous Jabbas that are in his area and he's planning on putting on eBay!

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2010, 08:06 PM »
Rob, if you don't mind, I could use a set of UPCs. I can't bring myself to cut up those cards.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2010, 08:51 PM »
I received the two I sent away for today, and one was in somewhat decent shape while the other was completely loose in the shipping box.  The cardback was somewhat smashed (not terrible), but the bubble itself was completely loose.  Looks like it will be difficult to get a nice minty mint one.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2010, 10:20 AM »
I have yet to send in for this. I'm having a hard time wanting to tear open any of these yet. I'm hoping if I hold out the next shipments will be better assembled, it sounds like the bubbles weren't done very well on this round.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2010, 11:27 AM »
I wonder if I should be lazy and wait for a second run, hoping that run will have better packaging/cards.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2010, 02:05 PM »

Hold up Rob! Trade it for one of the numerous Jabbas that are in his area and he's planning on putting on eBay!

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

Just kidding about that....really.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:07 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2010, 02:41 PM »
It's odd how so many people have commented how they've gotten their Boba's with the bubble separated from the cardback. That's really weird. I wonder how that happens.

And Hasbro's probably made a 1st batch double/triple the normal size, since they've said before they know that there will be a large anticipation for this mail-away.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2010, 06:31 PM »
I got mine today. Mint on card and no bubble separation. I think I'll take a video of me opening it up and send it to Brian.  ;D ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2010, 07:16 PM »
This figure is definately different from the original. First off the color is different. It's darker than the original. Also the stance is wider and doesn't stand up without a stand very well. Once standing he is actually taller by a millimeter or two. The arms are more angled than the original that had them straight down.  The chest is narrower than the boxy original. The imprinting on the legs is gone. The bottom foot shows (c)2009 LFL. The missile backpack is much larger than the original or a real rocket firing version. The feel of the plastic is very different too. Of course the peg holes are small modern holes.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2010, 02:08 AM »
I'm sure they made it different enough so people wouldn't try to pass it off as an actual vintage Fett.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2010, 10:33 AM »
I finally got around to sending off for some of mine as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 13, 2010, 02:29 PM »
I noticed that it was fairly different from the original as well (as expected), but still, pretty cool.  Even with the differences, it sure took me back seeing a vintage (or vintage-esque) figure again.  Sure, sculpting/articulation/paint has come a long ways since then, but there's still something about those vintage figures....ahhh nostalgia.

I got mine today. Mint on card and no bubble separation. I think I'll take a video of me opening it up and send it to Brian.

:D  I'm not really a carded collector, so I don't care all that much, but I just thought it was funny that it arrived basically already "opened".  I sent away for a second one just for the heck of it, and that one at least is together (although bent up a bit on the corners), so that's good enough for me to leave carded just for the heck of it.