Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)  (Read 22794 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Looks like a pretty nice wave.  I'm just glad we're getting a couple more figures from the episode "Trespass", one of my favorites so far.  I liked the "cold weather" (and Hoth-esque) looks for Anakin, Obi, and Rex - and I definitely hope to pick up all three of them when released.  The Magna Guard looks nice too, and the battle droid isn't anything too exciting - but a nice repaint if nothing else.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 12:01 PM »
What interesting is that unlike Anakin, Obi-Wan has his hood up. I wonder if we'll get a down version and an up version for Anakin?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 01:41 PM »
What interesting is that unlike Anakin, Obi-Wan has his hood up. I wonder if we'll get a down version and an up version for Anakin?

It looks to me that the "jacket" torso, "skirt", arms and hands on the Obi-Wan figure are identical to the Anakin figure.

The "down hood" on the Anakin figure is a separate piece from the body of the figure, so I'd be willing to bet that the "hood up" on Obi-Wan is a separate piece as well. So hypothetically, we could easily make our own "hood up" Anakin and "hood down" Obi-Wan.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 09:39 PM »
We'll definitely see variants on these (I foresee a Trespass battle pack in our future...)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Wonder why they decided to drop Cad Bane in Disguise from this wave?

I don't see him slotted in the Fall Wave 1 either, guess this was a total scratch in favor of his deluxe vehicle/figure pack?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 12:59 PM »
incase anyone is interested it looks like Tunghori has some of these figures up for sale now - Obi, Fireman Droid, and Winter Rex.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 09:17 AM »
This wave is now up for pre-order at EntertainmentEarth.

I understand that all the repacks are great for the kids and great for helping keep the cost of this line down, but like others have said, it sure makes it hard to buy a case on-line when you only need 4-5 of the figures from a case.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:15 AM »
This wave is now up for pre-order at EntertainmentEarth.

I understand that all the repacks are great for the kids and great for helping keep the cost of this line down, but like others have said, it sure makes it hard to buy a case on-line when you only need 4-5 of the figures from a case.  :-\

Not to mention the fact that they issue a revision case and two of the four new figures aren't even in that case's mix!

Why would anyone who has been keeping up with the line order either of these cases? If the Talz chief were in there along with the tactical droid (TX-20?) then I could see some army builders who might be interested in the case, but even then that would be pushing it.

Heaven forbid they put out a case where it's 3x of each of the four new figures.

Now that's a case I would buy.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 11:42 AM by Jeff »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 12:07 PM »
The ratios on these make it very hard to stay out of the store.  Right now I'm looking for the newer waves (missing them all the time) and not going online because the cases suck.  I'd love to just be done with it, like I do with Legacy, but oh, well.  The thrill of the hunt, I guess.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 03:32 PM »
The case assortments have been bothering me since last year. For the 2008 assortments, the case ratios were pretty good. You had some with duplicates of the army builders, others with duplicates of the new figures plus older figures, and others with only new figures.

I think the 2009 wave with the green Clone and Jar-Jar was the first case that really bothered me. You only got one of each new figure, and eight older figures. A couple of cases for the red card series really got me irritated, as there were duplicates of Echo and Greivous, but not the new ARF troopers.

I would be much more inclined to order cases if there were less older figures. I think including duplicates of each new figure and filling out the remaining spaces with repacks would be a good way to go, especially if the repacked figures were troopers. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 01:48 AM »
I'm actually pleased that a new Cad Bane was actually slotted into the Deluxe Line. Now we get a vehicle, too! I honestly wouldn't have cared to buy a Bane that included a Jedi cloak or a clone-disguised Bane.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 1, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I'm actually pleased that a new Cad Bane was actually slotted into the Deluxe Line. Now we get a vehicle, too! I honestly wouldn't have cared to buy a Bane that included a Jedi cloak or a clone-disguised Bane.

Call me greedy, but I would rather have had BOTH. A "regular" Bane with enhanced articulation for the Deluxe pack, plus a disguised version single carded.

All I feel like now is that we're getting one less figure. And rumors are swirling that his repainted Magnaguard fighter is being pushed back to 2011 for some inexplicable reason.

Maybe their tagline for this season should have been "Rise of the Mandos"...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 1, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Maybe their tagline for this season should have been "Rise of the Mandos"...

yar - week after week now I have been asking myself wtf happened to Cad Bane.  I was expecting him to be featured a lot but he is been getting the shaft imo.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 03:20 PM »
I received this wave today.

Notes about the packaging:

All have stickers on the back covering up the old line up that included Cad Bane.

Magnaguard and Rex have additional number stickers on the back of the cards and on the inserts to correct the sequencing from #CW50 to #CW49 and #CW51 to #CW50 respectively.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 03:37 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00 AM »
I received this wave today.

Notes about the packaging:

All have stickers on the back covering up the old line up that included Cad Bane.

Magnaguard and Rex have additional number stickers on the back of the cards and on the inserts to correct the sequencing from #CW50 to #CW49 and #CW51 to #CW50 respectively.

Screw the stickers....

How's that magnaguard!?!?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda