Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)  (Read 22792 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 13 (aka 2010 Wave 3)
« Reply #60 on: May 4, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I've seen VERY little of the recent CW waves in our area VF, so don't feel bad.  It's not just you...  I don't collect the animated so my hunting has been cut down dramatically since the last Legacy Wave was found, but when I am out I don't see much from the latest animated stuff.  I'm still hoping to nab a couple Thi-Sen figures (the big white furry aliens), as they look realistic enough to fit in the realistic line to me.

Our area's been a void for a lot of stuff other than the last Legacy wave for a while though.
yeah,i hear that,i have seen at least 3 thi-sen's around so i will pick one up for ya if i happen to see him again,all i want out of wave 3 is a magnaguard and cold weather rex
« Last Edit: May 4, 2010, 07:58 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: May 4, 2010, 08:02 PM »
I'll keep an eye out for those too...  I saw the Rex at the TRU in Monroeville a week before I ran into you, so it's out and about.  I've never seen Thi-Sen though, just remnants of the wave.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 4, 2010, 11:39 PM »
I've never seen Thi-Sen though, just remnants of the wave.

Heh, I haven't seen this wave at all. >:(

"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2010, 03:13 PM »
just found this wave at tru,picked up the rex and magnaguard,last 2 actually,really nice figures

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
cold weather rex
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2010, 05:22 PM »
can anyone tell me if cold weather rex's helmet is removable,i just bought one but tend to collect moc,but i noticed his helmet looked a bit sideways and wondered if maybe it came off,anyone?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: cold weather rex
« Reply #65 on: May 9, 2010, 06:20 PM »
can anyone tell me if cold weather rex's helmet is removable,i just bought one but tend to collect moc,but i noticed his helmet looked a bit sideways and wondered if maybe it came off,anyone?

Nope, but the outer helmet portion is removable.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2010, 10:06 PM »
I'm shocked to hear someone actually found a 2010 TCW figure at an actual store.

Outside of pegwarming Snow Ani, there have been ZERO around here for weeks now.

I seriously think Hasbro severely cut back the #'s on these last 3 waves.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2010, 03:44 PM »
I'm shocked to hear someone actually found a 2010 TCW figure at an actual store.

they had to of,i saw 5 or six snow obi and ani today and no one else from that wave

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2010, 05:09 PM »
they had to of,i saw 5 or six snow obi and ani today and no one else from that wave

Actually, there is a new case mix that unfortunately, only includes Obi-Wan and Rex from this wave and the Firefighter Droid and Magaguard are MIA.

I'm glad that I was able to score plenty of Magnaguards in stores and the Firefighter Droid from TRU.com so I could be done with this wave, because with the exception of Snow Gear Obi-Wan, this wave does seem rather elusive.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2010, 06:08 PM »

I can't shake the feeling all of these missing waves will be suddenly vomited onto the pegs a couple of months from now.

In the last 2 weeks, I've been finding legions of ESB Wave 12.  Their release date?  Half a year ago.  Couldn't fine many then, I can find any amount I want now.

I wanted to army build Thi-Sen, it's been tough, but I have managed to score 6 of them.  4 of them alone at 1 Target store.  In the previous 10 years, I'd have found about 30 of them on the pegs by now.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54 PM »

Actually, there is a new case mix that unfortunately, only includes Obi-Wan and Rex from this wave and the Firefighter Droid and Magaguard are MIA.

I'm glad that I was able to score plenty of Magnaguards in stores and the Firefighter Droid from TRU.com so I could be done with this wave, because with the exception of Snow Gear Obi-Wan, this wave does seem rather elusive.
that figures,just give us a full case of new figs instead of these stupid "case mixes",imo it makes no sense and simply clogs the pegs with crap,but thanks for the heads up,i was wondering why there were so many obi's

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 12:47 AM »
I hear ya!

I ask that question all the time - why with the Clone Wars can't there be a case mix where if there are four figures new in the wave, that there's just 3x of each figure? Or if it's a five figure wave, 2x of three of the figures and 3x of the other two.

Assortments like that would come in extremely handy especially when it comes to ordering by-the-case online.

I'm sure Adam can't answer, but I would love to know why an outlet like EE couldn't force Hasbro to give them more online "friendly" case assortments like those.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24 AM »

I can't shake the feeling all of these missing waves will be suddenly vomited onto the pegs a couple of months from now.

I've been wondering about that too since I've also noted the recent glut of the TLC ESB Wave arounf here. I think the big difference is that these last 3 TCW Waves are the end-of-the packaging waves, and Hasbro has been known to under-produce the last few waves before a relaunch. I'm worried that they just may not have made that many in the first place. Otherwise I'm not sure where these things are all jammed up, and why we haven't seen more than a trickle to date.

That totally makes sense about the new case assortment, and I fully agree that those were idiotic choices. Rex just looks goofy with those ear flaps and Snow Obi is just plain boring. On the other hand, I would KILL for another MagnaGuard for openers. :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2010, 01:25 AM »
For reasons I can't exactly explain I'm rather enamored with ol Snowbi-Wan. Theres just something i find really neat about him, might be the Hoth vibe.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2010, 01:40 AM »
Finally, FINALLY (!!) scored both Cold Weather Anakin and Obi. I wondered why Hasbro didn't opt to include interchangeable-up/down hoods/cowels for each figure. I can certainly say that Obi is my favorite of the pair; I like his little 2-fingered Force gesture.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"