Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106656 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #180 on: May 10, 2010, 10:05 PM »
I don't mean to pick on you at all, but, firstly, for C-3PO, collectors have always whined how we want a SA C-3PO. Now Hasbro has said that if they do this, then they can't use the shiny-looking armor, because it's a particular type of plastic/whatever that can't be easily conjoined in numerous places with ball joints.

All Hasbro would have had to do is issue the U-3PO B.A.D. painted gold (not vac-metalized) and include a net for Chewie to haul his broken ass around in. Instead we get a chubby version of 3PO that tries too hard to incorporate removable panels.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:13 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 10, 2010, 10:11 PM »
All Hasbro would have had to do is issue the U-3PO B.A.D. painted gold (not vac-metalized) and include a net for Chewie to haul is broken ass around in. Instead we get a chubby version of 3PO that tries too hard to incorporate removable panels.  :-\

I'm sure Hasbro will eventually *cough* repaint U-3PO. It's not like we're always bothering them about it. ;)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: May 10, 2010, 11:12 PM »
jay I'm on my phone here so bear with my typing.

The goggles can fit atop the helmet but I feel they were really not intended to go there.  It took work streching them over the helmet.  I cannot get them down over the face either if over th helmet.  They fit perfect on the characrrs head tho without the helmet at all.  But the. Helmet does NOT fit over it properly that way.

My nly possible fix I can think of is hot water n stretching the goggles out some.  They're definitely not made to pose over the helmet tho.  The best. I could do was the goggles up on the brow of the helmet.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2010, 01:54 AM »
Another interesting thing about the AT-AT Commander...  His rank on his chest and on his armor don't match...  His armor indicates a rank of Captain (3 red, 3 blue) ala Needa, but his rank rank on his tunic is 2 bars on top and 2 on bottom, which I'm not even positive what rank that is (Lt.?), but it's definitely a lower rank...  Again my figure does not have any deco on the rank under the armor too, which clouds that even further.

For the curious as well, this figure has some "EU" representation as well...  In the Incredible Cross Sections, there is a cut-away of an AT-AT, and each deck has so many troopers and an officer commanding them in the battle armor Veers wears, and I believe they all sport the 3/3 rank this figure has on his armor...  I don't have my book handy to check though, but this figure fits that artwork pretty well I think, even though he has no film counterpart.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2010, 02:52 AM »
Hoth Leia Image...

Clicky to check her out!

Hmmm...  She looks a bit muckier than all the prototype images showed, so that's interesting.  That's bound to annoy some.  It doesn't bother me too much but I may clean her up a little too, as that seems excessive to me.

Overall this figure looks fantastic to me though.  I love the sculpt on her.  As far as I'm concerned, Hoth Leia's done now.  A re-use for a Bespin Escape Leia would be great, with a new headsculpt of course.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2010, 04:36 AM »
Wasn't her outfit quite grimey on echo base?

I thought it was cleaned up for Bespin?

The figure itself is top quality. A definite grab.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:38 AM by jono »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #186 on: May 13, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Hoth Leia Image...

Clicky to check her out!

Hmmm...  She looks a bit muckier than all the prototype images showed, so that's interesting.  That's bound to annoy some.  It doesn't bother me too much but I may clean her up a little too, as that seems excessive to me.

Overall this figure looks fantastic to me though.  I love the sculpt on her.  As far as I'm concerned, Hoth Leia's done now.  A re-use for a Bespin Escape Leia would be great, with a new headsculpt of course.

And lower legs, of course.  ;)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2010, 12:37 PM »
Don't we all like women who are a bit dirty.  Eh, sorry lame.  I liked the cleaner version myself but I will style buy this one.  To good to pass up!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Whoops, yeah you're right Jayson...  Lower legs with pants over boots is a necessity as well with Bespin Escape Leia...  New head, new lower legs and flesh hands.  Should wrap that up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Today we've got a nice collection of 4 figures from Wave 1, carded...  This seems to answer whether the holes will be punched or not, as these are final production items. 

Clicky to check them out!

It's going to be really fun looking at those cardbacks hanging on the pegs this year...  I mean, look how colorful they turn out because of the pictures and things?  How could you hate that? 

Leia doesn't look quite as dark as the loose sample I posted last night, which leaves me some hope that she's not quite so dirty, or that there may be varying degrees of her wash, which is entirely possible.  It'd make for two figures I'd buy, as she's a little more grimey on the Falcon, actually, than she is on Hoth.

4-LOM doesn't look terribly different from his 30AC counterpart to me, but maybe I'm just not looking close enough?  ???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2010, 04:06 PM »
So does the AT-AT Commander have a huge crank, or is that where they decided to pack those googles?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 04:09 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15 PM »
I'm not sure if it isn't both...  goggles for his huge crank.

It's very weird, but if they had as much trouble getting the goggles on the helmet as I did, I'm not surprised they just tucked them in his taint like that.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2010, 07:31 AM »
After almost 3 years away, these figures just might get me back into 3-¾" collecting...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2010, 02:27 PM »
After almost 3 years away, these figures just might get me back into 3-¾" collecting...

Welcome back man! You have been missed!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2010, 03:35 PM »
Yeah, that makes two of us.

Damn vintage cards always win.  Plus the mailaway Fett is killer.

Too bad the waves following this one suck.  Nobody wants prequel **** on vintage cards.