Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106670 times)

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Not taking any "side" here though perhaps the term that applies well is 'hard to find' or for the Gen Y net junkies - HTF.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2010, 09:28 PM »
So I've been picking these up here and there about one a week since the "official" release date.

Had to pick up the Cloud Car Pilot first. I love it, and the sculpt is very very good...one of the most natural-stance pose looking action figures I've ever seen, really. Just a great figure that I couldn't be happier with (unless, of course, he had been given the good ol' commlink.)

Dack is a nice solid figure as well...though it took a little while looking at him in the store to decide what to buy, as the two on the pegs at the time had very different chest control box paint schemes. I went with one with a little green to it, and have since found out his face paint is a little off. Oh well, he will just keep his helmet on.

Picked up Luke now, and was very surprised to discover he comes apart very easily at the waist ball joint (not something I remember reading anywhere before, but I admit I have been lax lately...) Makes taking the weapons belt off real easy too...maybe I'll have to pick up a second at some point for display as the Dagobah/beltless costume variation...

Looking forward to Leia and ATATCom in the next couple weeks...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 4, 2010, 10:25 PM »
Scored Luke and Dengar! My local Target's already showing signs that it's not gonna be on top of refreshing the shelves every now and then. Which is a shame, since it just put up the new figures about a month ago.

Luke is superbly well-done. I was in a great rush, so I was hasty when picking out the figures (usually I take time to observe paint apps and such). I quickly chose Luke and Dengar, and proceeded to the register, but about halfway I noticed that Luke's eyes looked way too far to the right. I went back to get a new one, but I haven't noticed until like right now that the paint apps on the straps to boots bleed over a lot. Dang it!

Dengar's cool too, but his codpiece wiggles around pretty easily.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 9, 2010, 01:11 AM »
Scored Boba. His rocket backpack seems unpainted (it's too green), but oh well, it's a good figure. I honestly didn't need to buy it because I'm fine with the VOTC ROTJ version, but I did also need an ESB version.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"