Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106678 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:12 PM »
From JediNews UK:

- Bespin Luke, At-At commander, Dengar, and Hoth Leia
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 01:09 PM by Jeff »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:12 PM »
It's Hoth Leia.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Kinda meh on the Bespin Luke since we just got him in VTAC- there is definite improvement there, the head sculpt is wow!   looks like he doesn't have bj ankles
Leia's likeness looks great!  Looks like no bj ankles though.
Dengar is SA all around though I am nto sure I am liking the head sculpt - think I like the Saga one better - might have to do a swap.
At-At commander looks ok.  looks like the imp officer from the Legacy line with new armor slapped on and a new head.  not certain if I am liking the way the armor is riding on him - but it could just be this pic.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:41 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:29 PM »
Can't get the site to open but I see the thumbnail over at RS...quick thoughts:

Hoth Leia cool, much needed update
Dengar...meh, I have been fine with the last one they did
Veers...meh, I have been fine with the last one they did
Luke...meh, I have been fine with the last one they did

Luke needed a new Headsculpt...bad so I am OK with that, but I need to see it up close.  The choices are bit lame, I would have preferred a different line up and this is the second or third time in the last few years where an couple of unnecessary resculpts have worked their ways into waves for real no apparrent reason (see Plo Koon, Agen Kolar, AT-AT Driver etc)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Guess that answers the question about Veers.  Looks like he's not a pack-in, but just a regular basic figure (though I suppose he could be both).

Not really sure I needed another new Dengar, but he does look spiffy.  Bespin Luke looks a bit better this round and Hoth Leia is a nice SA upgrade as well.  Definitely looks like a pretty good start to the line... but it is a bit disappointing that they are all resculpts (and the 3rd try on most of them) and there's no one new to go with them.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Taking that thought one further, I think most people would have preferred something along the lines of 2nd resculpts...

Bespin Han
Hoth Luke
Hoth Leia
Vintage Bespin Guard or Echo Base Soldier

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Yeah - I would be down for the above 4 figures.

that serioulsy isn't supposed to be Veers is it?  Rs.com is saying it is on their main page; however, Jedinews is just that it is a commander.  If that is supposed to be Veers then that head sculpt looks way off to me.

I am gonna go with what Jedinews is reporting on him for now...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:50 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Well, that could just be Hasbro being cute - the Kenner figure was just called "AT-AT Commander", so if this is really an homage to the Kenner line/cards, that may be all they are planning on putting on the card.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Well since it is the new "vintage" line, he would just be called "AT-AT Commander" echoing the 80's vintage carded figure nomenclature.

Yeah, what Jeff said.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:55 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 12:59 PM »
I think we didn't need another bespin luke but ok, it looks like he has ball jointed hips. the esb figs MIA are hoth/bespin han and rebel deck officer

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 01:06 PM »
@Jeff and Jayson - yeah I see what you mean in that regard, and I both understand that and think that MOC collectors will dig it, but I serioulsy think that the vintage figure had a better likeness to Veers than this new one.   :P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Hopefully that Hoth Leia has laid a nice foundation for a Bespin Escape version. It would just need a new head, lower legs and ungloved hands.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Leia - certainly an exciting update to get, 11 years in the making. 

Veers - I wasn't expecting a new one, but this is definitely an improvement for me.  Those angle cut elbows are horrible - I can't stand figures that have arms that fall apart.  >:(  I'm excited to see the new one has ball jointed elbows, though they are a little bulky. 

Dengar - Once again, an unexpected release.  But like Veers, I think they've done a nice job super-articulating him, like other recent bounty hunter versions.

Luke - The vintage 30AC/TSC version was quite good.  I'll probably be passing on him.

(My apologies to Jedinews.co.uk for "stealing" their photos and hosting them on photobucket, but it takes 10 minutes for each of their photos to load.  I just wanted to make it easier to compare the older versions (from RS))

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 02:03 PM »
Like others have said, there could have been some different choices possibly (Bespin Han in particular), but overall the wave looks very good.  I wonder if this is it for that particular wave, with the rest possibly filled out with repacks?  Hoth Leia is probably the star of this wave, since it really needed a re-do.  I was fairly happy with the original Bespin Luke, but that head sculpt wasn't the best and this one looks like a major improvement.  I'm actually looking forward to picking up a few of those.  Kind of surprised to see that figure actually.  I was happy enough with the previous Veers as well, but don't mind seeing it (or in this case, a re-do) get put out there again.  The previous Dengar was pretty good too, but I'm glad to see an articulation upgrade so he fits in with the rest of the lineup better.  We'll really have a nice looking lineup of the ESB bounty hunters now.  Overall, all of the figures look great, just surprised we aren't really seeing anything "new" new.  Maybe the rest of the wave has a couple other all-new figures to alongside upgrades like Bespin Luke.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 02:15 PM »
While they all look very good, and I'm down for the Leia for sure, but IMO this is a very boring wave of figures. Small too, I wonder if there'll be a 5th or 6th as of yet unnanounced figure involved? I think I may pass on many of these, possibly all but Leia as I'm happy with the previous versions of these characters.