Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106680 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Wonder if these will be in the clamshells at $15.99 a pop   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 02:24 PM »
Wonder if these will be in the clamshells at $15.99 a pop   :-\

Not if this holds true:

087-06-1351 - 3.75 VINTAGE - $7.99
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Duh...Forgot about that i guess.  Was only a matter of time before you or Jeff popped in with that.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 02:35 PM »
Do we even know if they are going to be repo-cards like the last ones?  Or are they just coming up with something like they did for OTC?  Anyway the figures look good to me.  

Luke Bespin - I am surprised they re-did him.  I thought they would round out the Hoth trio and given us Luke Hoth comparable with Leia and Han Solo.  It does look good though.  

Leia - Way overdue.  I will definately pick her up.  

Dengar - I am not dying for it but will probably get it to complete the SA versions we've gotten lately.

Veers - Well it's nice to have an updated one to go along with the new AT-AT.  I guess he won't be a pack-in with the AT-AT?  I am the least excited for this one.  For one I am ok with the last version.  For another if they are on repo-cards his is probably the lamest.  Just a picture of the AT-AT if I remember correctly?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Until I saw the comparison shots I was scratching my head on redoing figures that did not need it (I was in nonetheless) but after seeing them it's night and day. That Bespin Luke smokes the droopy eyed VOTC one. The Body proportions and head sculpt are night/day. I was just resetting my display and posed Bespin Luke in the Famous blaster turn pose and looked at the belt hoping they woul upgrade that detail and give Luke a new head to improve the figure. I switched my two Bespin Luke heads with the Lumiya pack head. Talk about wishes coming true and beating it. I love the Saber hanging off of the belt, the new head and the new body scult. If these look this good I am really excited about Bespin Han in 2011. As long as Hasbro keeps this level of detail with less I am good with less figures. Between these four teasers, the CC, SS and Big AT-AT I am getting really excited again about collecting.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:47 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Some thoughts...

-Dengar...  Outstanding update, and now all the bounty hunters are SA.  That's nice.

-Bespin Luke...  It's an update.  I was ok with the vintage figure, but I like this one too, and the improvements, but I'm disappointed at the lack of ankle joints since the last figure had them.

-Hoth Leia...  Long overdue update, but again the ankles...  On Leia though it's more forgivable because of her stature, but still they've done them right on Leia's in the past I think, and Hoth boots hide ankle joints well, so it would've been nice since Leia's are often difficult to pose too.

-Veers Guy...  I'm curious to see if there's a removable belt or hat included.  Otherwise it looks ok to me.  I can't tell much by the headsculpt but to me the face looks like Veers.  Nice pants upgrade there with the jagdpurs now. 

I think some of the choices are a little bit of a headscratcher, mostly Bespin Luke (I get a new headsculpt, but the entire figure?), and this isn't maybe the most exciting wave, but I'm still pretty happy to add them to my collection too.  I would've liked a Hoth Luke instead of Bespin Luke, but I'll take Bespin Luke too so that's fine.

I'm sort of shocked at the Veers upgrade...  I didn't expect Hasbro to go back there.  I just wonder if they're giving us the little details that figure lacked last time around now.  The back piece to the armor, a removable officer's cap, the war belt being removable...  The little stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Gonna echo all the comments that said we didn't really need most of these, because it's true. However, these all look pretty good.

Luke - I thought I had the perfect Bespin Luke after I swapped the head with the Luke from the Lumiya Comic Pack but this one appears to have the awesome sculpt from the Snowspeeder Pilot Luke. And no dirty/muddy mid 90's paint on the clothes. Only negative appears to be the unarticulated ankles.

Leia - Obviously we needed this one years ago. Great figure.

Dengar - When they started updating all the bounty hunters I actually really wanted a SA Dengar but learned to accept the 2004 Dengar, which is actually a really good figure. I'll definitely be getting this one, and it'll be good to have a complete line of SA bounty hunters.

Veers - Eh, nice to have an SA one I guess. Not necessary but the old one is pretty awful.

Again, this is kinda puzzling because we just got most of these figures. I like them and will buy them, but I'd rather have a new Bespin Han, Hoth Gear Luke, maybe even a new Bespin Lando with less poofy arms and ball jointed ankles.

Oh, and the Clean Shaven Hoth Rebel Soldier better be included as a repack in this wave, or else... >:(
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 04:17 PM »
These all look great, but I feel we have great versions of 3 out of four.  However, I would much rather buy repeats of this quality, than have nothing new.  If this is where the line is going, I can deal with that.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28 PM »
These all look great, but I feel we have great versions of 3 out of four.  However, I would much rather buy repeats of this quality, than have nothing new.  If this is where the line is going, I can deal with that.

I'm sort of wondering about future "updates" as well.  It seems like the general consensus here is that, aside from Hoth Leia, the previous figures were pretty well done already.  Don't get me wrong, they all (with a question mark on the Veers so far) seem to look better than their previous versions, but I'm wondering if we'll be seeing more of these "tweaks" to get almost perfect figures the rest of the way there.  Bespin Luke was really just missing a decent head sculpt, which it appears we're getting...and Dengar just needed articulation, which he is getting.  I wonder if we'll see something like the Bespin Lando re-done with ball jointed elbows (same with the ROTS Anakin), or other things like this.  I guess I don't mind either as long as they are this quality, and they come alongside some more needed re-dos (and new figures) like Leia.

If all the talk about the "collectors" line eventually ending (which hopefully/probably won't happen anyways) to make way for more CW would turn out to be true, and we missed out on some of the much requested/wanted new figures and resculpts for these minor updates...I think we'd see a lot of complaining.  All that being said, I think these figures look great, and personally I'm really looking forward to them.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 06:42 PM »
-Bespin Luke...  I'm disappointed at the lack of ankle joints since the last figure had them.

-Hoth Leia...  but again the ankles...

I was hoping the ankle joints were just well hidden, but I think you may be right about them missing.  Disappointing for "upgrade" figures.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 08:21 PM »
I share most everyone's opinions.  I will say I thought Luke was necessary, since the head sculpt on the last one was bad.  They continue their amazing Luke streak here.  Leia is good (not great), Dengar was inevitable, and the AT AT Commander is logical touch given the AT AT, but not necessary.

Missing here are Hoth/Bespin Han, the Deck Officer, and any repacks.  I agree, I'd like to have seen some more new, like Toryn Farr.  Oh, well.  There's always next year!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Interesting choices all the way 'round.

Luke - I think Hasbro saw enough of the remarks about the head sculpt of the VTSC figure and saw a need to get the likeness right.  This figure seems to meet that need.  And the lightsaber hilt will actually attach to the belt?  That's an improvement.

Hoth Leia - Very good update.  The likeness looks true.  The articulation is good.  And I like the fact that the vest looks removable.  It looks like there's some forward thinking going on at Hasbro.  As for ankle joints?  I don't think this is a case of them being costed out.  Rather, Leia's pretty small compared with some of the other characters.  I think that ankle joints in such a small figure might have been prohibitive.

Dengar - I for one wasn't convinced that the Dengar of 2003/04 needed an update.  But this figure looks like a definite improvement on that release.

AT-AT Commander - Definitely a surprise considering all of the speculation there's been around the various boards.  But when you factor in the new AT-AT that seems to be on the way, it's a logical release.  It looks like it's building on the Captain Needa body.  However, I honestly do not think this is supposed to be General Veers.  The likeness of the TSC figure is far more like Veers than this one.  Plus, that TSC figure had the correct rank insignia for General Veers.  This figure does not.  But it's actually closer to the rank insignia of the vintage AT-AT Commander.  Interesting!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22 PM »
-Bespin Luke...  I'm disappointed at the lack of ankle joints since the last figure had them.

-Hoth Leia...  but again the ankles...

I was hoping the ankle joints were just well hidden, but I think you may be right about them missing.  Disappointing for "upgrade" figures.

On closer inspection, it doesn't look like Leia has any neck articulation either, so hopefully it's just these prototype pictures missing a few bits of articulation. We'll find out more at Toy Fair or in a Hasbro Q&A I guess
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I'll get the Luke because I never got the VOTC version.

I'm definitely getting three Liea's.  One to tend to Luke in in the BMF Falcon, one to sit in the cockpit of the BMF Falcon (once a better Bespin Han is released), and one for my Bespin "diorama".
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 09:29 PM »
While they all look very good, and I'm down for the Leia for sure, but IMO this is a very boring wave of figures. Small too, I wonder if there'll be a 5th or 6th as of yet unnanounced figure involved? I think I may pass on many of these, possibly all but Leia as I'm happy with the previous versions of these characters.

I think they all look good and I will get 2x of each, but agree with you that the wave is kind of boring.  I'm most excited about Hoth Leia and that's not saying much.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today