Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106674 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #75 on: February 4, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Everything Legacy is now Vintage-style...  No sub-line.  The realistic movie line is now a "vintage look" line.  Everything else is going to be on the Clone Wars blue sky cardbacks (vehicles, deluxe, Legends, Clone Wars, etc.).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 4, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Hasbro confirmed this week that we're getting new Dak and Cloud Car Pilot figures.

Does this mean that this wave has more than six "new" figures?

I'm okay with it if it does, 'cause that means out of that first case of 12 figures, the more "new" figures the better - the less likely there will be peg-warmers right out of the gate.

I also can't imagine that they wouldn't re-issue the new AT-AT driver in this wave with the AT-AT coming out and all.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #77 on: February 4, 2010, 09:01 AM »
The word is that the AT-AT will include the AT-AT Driver.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 4, 2010, 09:23 AM »
while I Dak isn't at the top of my list - I do find it very good news to hear he is coming, along with the CC pilot - I will nab them both (and an extra of the CC pilot of course).

But with all of these products coming out now focused on the release of this AT-AT (Snowspeeder Luke, AT-AT driver, AT-AT commander, Dak, Snowspeeder, etc?), I am kinda hoping we see the Snowtrooper Officer guy to go with it all.  While he is not high on my want list, like Dak, all the justifications and them some are out there to put this guy on the shelves right now imo.

I would think that since there are so few differences between him and regular trooper (new headsculpt. rank badge, and I think he is all white), this would be easy/cheap for Hasbro to do.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: February 4, 2010, 09:49 AM »
Hasbro confirmed this week that we're getting new Dak and Cloud Car Pilot figures.

Does this mean that this wave has more than six "new" figures?

They confirmed the figures, but not the place or time they would be coming.  They could be in this wave or they could be in a Battle Pack or a 2011 ESB wave or whatever.  We'll have to wait for Toy Fair to figure it out.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 4, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Hasbro never explicitly stated that the 24 new figures for this fall would be divided equally between 4 waves.  But there's also the potential like Jeff stated that any of these figures that Hasbro has confirmed might be part of a battle pack or multipack.  Until Hasbro lays out their plan at the Toy Fair presentation things are going to remain a little bit murky.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: February 4, 2010, 03:39 PM »
But with all of these products coming out now focused on the release of this AT-AT (Snowspeeder Luke, AT-AT driver, AT-AT commander, Dak, Snowspeeder, etc?), I am kinda hoping we see the Snowtrooper Officer guy to go with it all.  While he is not high on my want list, like Dak, all the justifications and them some are out there to put this guy on the shelves right now imo.

Actually, you'd be surprised at the differences, Smash.  I think Dago-bah or someone did a really detailed custom of the Snowtrooper Officer seen in the AT-AT cockpit talking with Veers.  His boots were different, and his uniform overall had a number of differences (no pouches on the belt for instance I believe).  I was surprised when a comparison was done actually.  The facemask was the most noticeable difference though, as was the rank badge of course.  But there was a lot more to it overall as well.

He's a figure I'd like to see as well since he gets some screentime with Veers there. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 5, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Maybe Dak will be in the Hoth BP with the beardless rebel trooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #83 on: February 5, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Here is a head scratcher. Infamous eBay seller "tunghori" has up for bid, a 4-LOM figure that has a drastically different paint job when compared to the TAC version. Could this be a homage repaint to reissue on the Vintage card or a custom? Hmm.....
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 03:30 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 5, 2010, 05:26 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing that figure get re-released.  I always wanted to pick up one more extra of 4-LOM (as well as the VTSC Bossk and IG-88), and this would be a great year to get the bounty hunters out there again.  Although it would be too many figures for a "regular" battle pack, it wouldn't be a bad time to have a store exclusive battle pack with all the ESB bounty hunters in it.  Of course, they would likely have to use the older Dengar with a better one on the pegs right above it, so that might be silly.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #85 on: February 5, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I just placed two orders with him 3 days apart as new figures popped up. I really want one of these but I will wait a few days. This looks much nicer and truly closer to the Vintage one. If these are the kind of repaints in store for Vintage they will definitely get me to buy again. This is like the resurgence of the 2004 OTC line in terms of newness/refresh.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #86 on: February 5, 2010, 06:29 PM »
That's a very faithful homage to the vintage 4-LOM/Zuckuss paint job.  I'd say he's one the repacks.  Probably means we'll see Zuckuss again - maybe as 4-LOM - to complete the set.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 5, 2010, 07:34 PM »
I definitely would welcome a vintage-style paint app on the TAC 4-LOM - like Jack said - if this is the kind of thing they have planned, then I will definitely not have a problem buying some of the upcoming repacks.

I have to wonder if a Death Star Trooper repaint like the Death Squad Commander might  be on the way as well (one can hope!)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 5, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I have to wonder if a Death Star Trooper repaint like the Death Squad Commander might  be on the way as well (one can hope!)

Okay, that might be pretty cool.  There are some pretty creative repaints they could do for this vintage line...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #89 on: February 5, 2010, 09:35 PM »
One of the rumor lists has the Death Squad Commander on it.  I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.