Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106664 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #270 on: July 1, 2010, 02:47 PM »
Paul, did you skip 3PO, Vader and 4-LOM or did you just miss them?
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 02:47 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #271 on: July 1, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I picked up all 10 yesterday at my TRU in Orem, UT and it was made all the better because of the buy one get one 50% off sale!   I ended up taking back Darth Vader, Bespin Luke, and C3PO since those exact same cards were done in previous vintage waves.  I already mailed off my redemption form for the Boba Fett and was glad that the requirements didn't make me take off a corner of these new packages. I just used UPCs that qualified from other past figures that I could take them off of.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 1, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Paul, did you skip 3PO, Vader and 4-LOM or did you just miss them?

I skipped them.

3P0 on accident.  Vader and 4-LOM on purpose.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 1, 2010, 06:13 PM »
I picked up all 10 yesterday at my TRU in Orem, UT and it was made all the better because of the buy one get one 50% off sale!   I ended up taking back Darth Vader, Bespin Luke, and C3PO since those exact same cards were done in previous vintage waves. 

You took back Bespin Luke?! Oh gosh. I hear that it's a superb figure! I look forward to replacing my VTAC Bespin Luke figure with this vintage one.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 1, 2010, 06:36 PM »
You took back Bespin Luke?! Oh gosh. I hear that it's a superb figure! I look forward to replacing my VTAC Bespin Luke figure with this vintage one.

I just opened the one I picked up this morning - and he is indeed an excellent figure. I would definitely recommend not passing this over.

So far I've opened up Vader, Denger, AT-AT Commander, Echo Base Han, Bespin Luke and C-3PO - definitely a nice group of figures.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 1, 2010, 07:53 PM »
Can't wait to find this wave, although my TRU hasn't stocked anything in many, many months so I might literally be the only one here who has to wait until 8/6... possibly even later!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 1, 2010, 08:54 PM »
it was said at at commander is a generic official, because he does not show the general badge, his armor is different from saga Veers.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #277 on: July 1, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Found and scored the entire wave today at my TRU.  I originally planned to skip Vader 3-PO and maybe 4-LOM, but the giddiness of finding them all and the BOGO sale made it very easy for me to nab them all.  I love these - very cool.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 2, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Whoa, you got them in White Settlement, TX.

Fancy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 3, 2010, 09:17 AM »
Our TRU hasn't had them either, or I missed them.  I saw all of the first wave(s) of CW and Legends this week, but no vintage.  I'm wondering if they are holding them back as well.  I did get the three "less desired" figures from TRU.com this week (Vader, 4-LOM, and 3PO), and although they aren't necessarily as exciting as the rest of the wave - those cardbacks sure are pretty.  Sadly, I think I'll be suckered into a carded set with these - at least of anything new.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 3, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Wait is the regular price $9.99 for these figures?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #281 on: July 3, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Wait is the regular price $9.99 for these figures?

At TRU for now it is, but Target's DCPI (posted by Jeff) rings up the figures at $7.99. So my guess is TRU is taking advantage of the situation of having the figures in stock first by jacking up the price.

An interesting note, I went to a TRU that several local collectors were able to get the figures earlier this week. Nothing on the shelves including no price tags. I asked at the customer service desk if they had any in the stock room and they said no they were cleared out. But the guy mentioned that after the first case was let out early (he referred to the street date as being today), they got permission from corporate to let loose on the remaining cases. Take that for what it's worth, but it could possibly mean that TRU as a whole is either ignoring Hasbro's street date in their own or has permission to do so from big H.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 3, 2010, 01:48 PM »
Are there any HTS codes?  I fear these will end up at the $14.99 price point north of the border or the slightly better $11.99 but $7.99?  No way. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 5, 2010, 05:17 AM »
On first inspection I thought Dengar and Luke had the same blaster, just painted slightly different. On closer inspection, they're actually different sculpts.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 5, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Is it just me or does the Card Photo for Dengar look like the old Photo of Billy the Kid (or at least it is accepted that it is him).

Or has this already been mentioned elsewhere and I am coming late to the party.