Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB  (Read 106889 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 1 - ESB
« Reply #285 on: July 5, 2010, 12:53 PM »
Doesn't dress like a dandy though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #286 on: July 5, 2010, 01:31 PM »
And Dengar's image is flipped horizontally to boot.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 5, 2010, 03:46 PM »
About 8 cases of these were put out at my TRU today, but $9.99 each!!!  I find that to be a lot crazy.

That said, I did buy an AT-AT Commander, my favorite of the wave. 

I will wait to buy these at reasonable prices.

Especially because 4 pegs to the left, there were new Clone Wars figures put out, and those are $7.49.  I picked up Aurra Sing and Pre Vizsla.

If the regular price of Star Wars figures is $10 each, I'm basically done, with a few exceptions.  I'll pay up to about $8 each, and my understanding is that in August these should be everywhere for around that price, right?

I also passed on Cloud Car and Snowspeeder at TRU at $28.  I was not in the mood!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 5, 2010, 04:30 PM »
About 8 cases of these were put out at my TRU today, but $9.99 each!!!  I find that to be a lot crazy.

I agree.  Weren't the previous vintage lines the same price, but with the clamshell?  I'm patient though and will just wait for the Target reset.  August is going to be a very expensive month for me especially with all the SDCC swag I'll have to pick up to the lead in.  Kinda sucks collecting 3 Hasbro lines at once, but oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #289 on: July 5, 2010, 04:36 PM »
I was at TRU today because I had to go near to one, and I decided to see if they'd yank me a case based on DB's number he shared, and they did.  And much like you Dressel, $9.99 each and no BOGO, so I thanked her for the help and declined.  I know the woman who helped me so no big deal, but I'm not shelling out an extra $20 for the figures I wanted.

Luke looked rather snazzy though, as did the others.  I was looking at like $100 at least though...  Nah, no thanks.

I had a Cloud Car too, and $28 was also too much.  I like it, but till TRU's forced to compete I declined. 

Even with my coupon, it was  wallet rape.   :-\

I dont' kknow what the specifics are on the $9.99 price, but if that's what everyone winds up charging, I think I'm done.  I'll probably just bail on the hobby all together till retail came to their senses.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 5, 2010, 05:26 PM »
I've been so annoyed with Hasbro Star Wars distribution for the last half a year, I don't even care when I get these.

It's quite a task getting me to lose interest, but Hasbro managed to pull it off.

I see these in stock at tru.com, and I'm not even ordering them, for absolutely no other reason than lack of motivation.

Yet.

Got a good amount of enthusiasm back today when I saw Vintage Wave 1 all over the pegs at TRU.

Then lost a little bit when I saw the price tag of $10.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 5, 2010, 06:03 PM »
I saw the sale was done yesterday on tru.com. The vintage figures were still missing from the page, though I could still access them from history.

Regardless, I'm not picking any up at TRU for $9.99 if Target and WM are having them for a couple bucks cheaper. I can wait it out until the street date.

« Last Edit: July 5, 2010, 06:04 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 5, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Yeah - at this point, I will not be buying any more Vintage figures from Toys R Us until they lower their price.

The only reason I jumped all over the Vintage figures last week was because with the BOGO, they averaged out to $7.49 each which is $.50 cheaper than the price Target will be selling them for.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 6, 2010, 04:39 PM »
3 vaders and a dengar, didn't want any of those.
The kid working was nice enough to check if they had more, but there was nothing in back.
The ones I want most are Daak and hn and 3 others just to get the fett.
Hope they show up here at some point.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 6, 2010, 10:57 PM »
So I heard this nasty rumor that the VC Vader might be the same figure as the Saga Legends Vader.  Is there any verifiable proof of this thus far?  Or is the Saga Legends Vader actually the TLC BLUE figure from 2008?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 6, 2010, 11:35 PM »
So I heard this nasty rumor that the VC Vader might be the same figure as the Saga Legends Vader.  Is there any verifiable proof of this thus far?  Or is the Saga Legends Vader actually the TLC BLUE figure from 2008?

Since I have all three, I just went down to my collection room and checked.

Personally, there are only two differences between the new VTC Vader and the TLC Blue/White 2008 figure - paint apps and the fact that the head can easily be popped off of the body.

The paint apps is obvious, the head of Anakin in the VTC version is much darker gray than the TLC head which is more of a light/pale gray - almost white with darker gray motting. The back of the neck brace also has different paint applications.

For the pop-off head so you can remove the neck brace/collar, I really didn't want to break/ruin my TLC Vader, so it's entirely possible that the head is exactly the same head - the sculpt itself does indeed look identical, so it's entirely possible that the two figures are indeed the same.

For the new 2010 Legends release, it is indeed the same figure, but the paint apps are different between that figure and both the TLC and VTC figures (at least with my samples).

So the net-net is that until someone cares to tug at the head of their TLC Vader to see if it comes off/out, I think it's an identical figure with the exception of paint-apps and that the head peg that inserts into the torso has been redesigned to allow for easy removal of the head.

If you're never gonna remove the head so you can remove the neck brace, there really isn't any point to this figure. And since the neck brace was only ever not-on Hayden in ROTS, this version with the Sebastian Shaw head is even more pointless.

Get it if you're a completist (like me), pass on it if you really don't give a crap about the three piece helmet.

If I were Hasbro, I'd already be planning a re-release with the arms from the ANH Tin and a burnt Hayden head.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 7, 2010, 01:29 AM »
For the pop-off head so you can remove the neck brace/collar, I really didn't want to break/ruin my TLC Vader, so it's entirely possible that the head is exactly the same head - the sculpt itself does indeed look identical, so it's entirely possible that the two figures are indeed the same.

You have to remove TVC Vader's head to actually be able to do something with the neck collar? Wow - that's completely pointless! I'm liking this Vader less and less. There was really no need to do a 3-piece removable helmet.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #297 on: July 7, 2010, 02:46 AM »
Not to mention that on all the photos I've seen (and taken) of the "new" Vader, the paint ops on the face are poor as they all have a big white blob on the chin/jaw - probably where glue was to be applied as on the previous (TLC) version.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2010, 02:47 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: July 7, 2010, 01:30 PM »
they all have a big white blob on the chin/jaw

Sure looks terrible that way...  I guess I'm going to pass on picking up an opener for Vader.  Not worth spending $8 for Vader with crappy paint ops on his head. I've got plenty of Vaders already, I think I'll be just fine without this one.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 7, 2010, 02:07 PM »
You have to remove TVC Vader's head to actually be able to do something with the neck collar? Wow - that's completely pointless! I'm liking this Vader less and less. There was really no need to do a 3-piece removable helmet.

Yeah, I was expecting this head to be a ball joint neck, but it's not, it's a swivel neck which means you take out the head and neck to remove the 3rd piece of the helmet.

The thing I find odd is that I really don't see what the differences are between this figure and the Blue/White 2008 Vader. It's not like the head and neck-brace/collar are a single piece on that figure either - they are two pieces - and the head itself can turn independently of of the neck-brace/collar.

So what's the B.F.D. about this figure? The simple answer is "nothing".

I go back to my previous assertation that the Hasbro execs must make it a requirement of the Hasbro brand team that Vader must appear in every first Wave of every new assortment ID.

Peter