Author Topic: New Hasbro pix! Dignitary, Sketchtrooper, Bail and Padme!!!  (Read 5608 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: New Hasbro figure pictures!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2003, 12:24 AM »
Here we go it is the guy sitting next to our buddy who I would guess is the other Dignitary they are making not the one I want on the far right

A few years ago I used to play in this band and we had some star wars images in the CD artwork....

Anyways, I wanted to use the above picture as a 'band' picture, and just put our five names across the bottom.

For some reason, it never happened...

Hopefully eventually we can get all 5 of these guys, but I'm just thrilled for now that we're getting one, and a second one is just icing on the cake.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Wow....................

I could go on and on and on about these figures.  Hasbro really can make some outstanding figures when they put their minds to it and aim at the collectors.  If they would just put forth this level of quality year round...

...and if they could get their distribution problems taken care of...

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Hasbro pix! Dignitary, Sketchtrooper, Bail and Padme!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2003, 05:46 AM »
It's been a substantial ammount of time since I've had any reason to chime in under a Saga topic for some time so I figure I will here...

These are a couple of the most intensely boring characters I've seen, but I gotta say that they look nice.  Senators, Amidala figures, etc. just don't cut the mustard with me as far as excitement, but I always appreciate them in my collection...  More than rehashed main characters, but less than a freaky alien, droid, or army builder.

The McQuarrie Trooper is really top-notch looking compared to those early shots in the Insider...  Much like was predicted, he changed slightly in the overall quality of a final photo.  I'm looking forward to him somewhat, but I still would've rather seen the Rebel Soldier in Scout disguise...  I just wanted that guy for some odd reason...  Maybe because of the customizing potential of the scout body or whatever...  Hey, he could've been very well articulated for all we know, and an excellent figure all around...  This trooper is ok though, and at least it's unique.

The Amidala...  Well, I'm not a Natalie Portman "fan" really...  I think she's a poor actress and I honestly don't think she's as hot as people make her out to be, but she's translated into a stellar (all be it a statue) figure here...  The Tatooine outfit's a nice choice, and it's good to see a base (Makes ya wonder if that Lars Homestead set IS on the way doesn't it?) and a removeable cloak...  She looks as good as possible without giving her some elaborate soft-goods outfit so she would be more poseable.  I've never been one to gripe about unposeable Padmes though, so I'm cool with her.  A lil diversity, and one of her never made before outfits...

The Bail Organa is possibly my favorite...  Notice the subtle, yet important right hand with "deep thought" sculpting...  I bet his right hand's poseable so it can be turned like he's gnashing his knuckles on the balcony with Palpatines doofus cabinet officials.  Gotta love that...  Plus, that headsculpt is one of the best likenesses I've seen Hasbro ever do.  I hope it turns out that nice...  Not to mention that intricate sculpt in his overall outfit!?  Hell yeah, bring that dude on.  He's as boring as it gets, as far as "character choice" would go anyway, but he's a really nice looking basic figure.

And lastly...  The Imperial Dignitary is neat...  Never before made is welcome.  I really wonder if we're going to see the vintage figure remade...  If not, watch the vintage guy's value skyrocket as people buy him to help fill out a diorama or whatnot...  I think he'll be the 2nd Dignitary, ultimately, but I'm surprised he wasn't the first one to be shown IF he is a choice.  The one we see though is nice I think though, and while his base sorta sucks the sweat off a dead man, he's translating into a NICE figure.  The question now is, will his hat come off?  I'd like it to personally...  Makes him better for possible customs, and it's something I think all figures with hats should have as a "standard" feature.  Either way, he's looking great I think...  I can see him now leading a remnant force for some reason...  crushed velvet and all.

So we've got SOMETHING we could be hopeful for...

I honestly have had a 100% decline in my interest in Star Wars, Hasbro, and their generally poor practices and mutilation of the Star Wars franchise...  I've not been actively, nor anxiously hunting Star Wars like I once did...  My car and my life have taken priorities to me...  I just don't have that "urge"...  Maybe with the last of the craptastic figures leaking out, I will start to see some of the superior product...  This ugly Luke and Vader they've got churning our are supposedly the last of the worst series of figures I've seen since the line's inception, so here's to hoping it's all up hill from here, at least for a little while.

God knows I've had little good to say lately, so we'll see how things start shaping up.  

I'm itching to grab a couple new things that, for some, are out now even, or are gonna be on their way...  We shall see.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2003, 09:07 AM »
Dignitary - Excellent.  Hopefully the second is a sculpt of the vintage one and not simply a repaint (red highlights instead of purple)

Bail Organa - another perfect static posed figure.  Dead on sculpt.  Awesome accessory.

Padme - see Bail.  It looks like hers and Bail's bases attach to others.  Homestead and Palpy's office dioramas, maybe?

concept Stormie - I don't know.  I like the shield but overall the fig looks too blocky.  Does anyone remember the other choices for FC4?  I know I didn't vote for concept Stormie, but don't remember who the other choices were and who I voted for.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2003, 09:16 AM »
I don't like the waist on the SKetchtrooper at all and overall am a tad bit disappointed in the results compared to the early concept sketches Hasbro showed.  The helmet doesn't look too detailed

I was noticing that the Padme Wedding base also has connector slots which got me thinking on a Wedding Preacher, 3PO and R2 SCreen scene as well

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2003, 09:28 AM »
I really like the looks of the new figures we have been shown too.  I was also over at GH looking at their coverage so far, and things look pretty good.  However, it was kind of disappointing to only see a handful of new things from the "Saga" line.  Clone Wars doesn't look too bad, I'm looking forward to seeing what the cartoon is like too.  Overall these figures (Bail, Padme, Dignitary, Sketchtrooper), all look great, and I will add all to my collection (if I can find them).

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: New Hasbro figure pictures!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2003, 09:53 AM »
Mmm, new figures.  Honey, you mind if I get a second job stocking shelves at TRU?  No, no, I'll sleep at work, it's ok. ;D

Think that never crossed my mind!  ;D

Sweet figures. The sculpting is getting better.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2003, 10:37 AM »
So.....freakin.....excited.....

Maybe the two digs will share arms? I guess it could still be the vintage one if they share arms. And maybe legs or something. I'm really excited about these figures. This is good, solid stuff from Hasbro....and not an action feature in sight. :D

I'll have to be honest though...I'm really excited about the new Emperor figure. I know its not exactly new or anything, but I've been wanting a new Emp for years now, and this one kicks the POTF2 one "squaw in tha nyuts!"
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2003, 11:35 AM »
Wow! Those all look great! Suprisingly, my favorite is the Concept Stormtrooper! That thing looks awesome! :o
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2003, 12:57 PM »
man, these figs rock. i can't wait until later this year, when these are released, hopefully in my area and this year!!!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2003, 08:40 AM »
Finally we get to see new pics of these figures!  I like the Dignitary Hasbro picked.  I will certainly obtain that one.  I do hope they make the vintage version.  But like some others have said it will probably be the other one that looks just like him.  All Hasbro would need to do is add a little different color paint to add the stripes or whatever that is supposed to be.

Padme - I like the figure.  It's just like getting 2 in 1.  The base is nice also.  She needs Cliegg, Owen, and Beru now to keep her company.  

Stormtrooper - Eh, I still can't believe it won the poll to begin with.  It's ok I suppose.  However, for me it will remain one of the last figures I pick up if ever.  

Bail - This actually turned out much better than I thought it would.  I really love the hologram Kenobi!  I will probably get this just for that accessory.  Plus I have to get Leia's adoptive daddy.  

That CW female is a nice action figure IMO.  I will probably pick that up.  Hasbro could not resist putting a smiley face on Mace Windu again.  I don't know why but they love doing that with him.