Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 75832 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I saw scads of this wave this weekend at a couple Target stores...  Even the Magna Guard, I saw quite a few of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 25, 2010, 11:40 PM »
I already have Palpatine, the Magnaguard, General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 26, 2010, 01:52 PM »
There've been a lot of these out up here at Walmart and TRU.  Saw each of the UGHs several times too.  Passed on each and every one.  Only Palpatine crossed my mind as a possibility and he does sell quickly.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2010, 11:29 PM »
We had the Wave 2 aisle display at WM, but that only lasted a couple days and they sold extremely fast.  I've seen nothing anywhere else, so it's good to know they're on their way.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2010, 01:44 PM »
I saw this wave for the first time at Target yesterday. Two Sandtroopers, one Obi-Wan, and one Magna Guard. I would of snatched that Magna Guard, but, being it's the day before Halloween, there were so many shoppers and I would have been at the registers for hours.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 01:47 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 1, 2010, 12:58 PM »
I was at Target the other day and noticed at least 3 ROTS clones on vintage cards where, instead of the white "yellowing", the helmets on these clones were "greening".  is this widespread?  I would recommend inspecting the clones carefully when purchasing.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 9, 2010, 01:10 AM »
Scored TVC Anakin (Vader). There was only one Anakin, and two Obi-Wans from this wave. I can't figure out for the life of me if I like this figure at all. I for sure don't like the headsculpt, but I hate the hair. The likeness doesn't very much look like Hayden Christensen, and his neck seems too wide, which inhibits head movement. His arms also seem too long. But if there is one thing I do like, it's the value: cloak, lightsaber (lit), plus unlit hilt (which I think I just lost). :-[
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2010, 01:11 PM »
I was at Target the other day and noticed at least 3 ROTS clones on vintage cards where, instead of the white "yellowing", the helmets on these clones were "greening".  is this widespread?  I would recommend inspecting the clones carefully when purchasing.

I've actually noticed this on just about every Clone I've seen in the past month or so, at all three of the major retailers (Target, WM, and TRU).  It's very noticeable, and I wonder if it was just a bad batch of plastic on the second run (my still-carded foil Clone and the Clone I opened when the wave first hit still have white helmets).  I seem to recall someone in the last Q&A with Hasbro mentioning they had a similar problem with some animated Clones recently, but this is the first time I've seen a discoloration on a new figure be so widespread upon initial release.

On another Clone Trooper note, and this is a heads-up to anyone who was waiting on this sort of thing, I went back to the Target I got 6 of the 7 ROTJ wave figures from yesterday, and found a Clone with the corrected helmet (black stripe above the eyes, blue vents on the sides of the helmet) and the properly positioned belt (at long last) on the pegs.  I picked him up, but I wanted to let everyone know that apparently the ones reshipping in the ROTJ cases are the screen-accurate, corrected helmets.  Oh, and mine's helmet was white instead of greening, so maybe Hasbro's already caught that, too.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 16, 2010, 06:25 AM »
I'm late to the party, but finally got some ROTS figures last night and I'm really pleased with them. I felt like a putz buying a figure that has trouble standing for the sake of a cape but by some miracle this Grievous actually stands better than my previous version.

I haven't picked up the Sidious yet, but fully intend to. That fabric doesn't look anywhere near as bad in person. Not sure about the Cody, but if I was a carded collector he'd be a must.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 19, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Picked up Magna Guard today. Woot. Awesome-looking figure, 2nd time I've ever seen in the wild. He's one of the better sellers.

Interested to see the 'Darth Vader' running change in place of Anakin, and, expecting to see the Clone Trooper with correctly-painted helmet that is said to ship with the 'Vader' variant, I was shocked to see that all the Clones there were the originals.

NO ROTJ figures. I'm worried now because AOTC should start hitting any day now, and I've barely even seen the ROTJ wave before.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 31, 2010, 02:50 AM »
Scored Grievous, and I love this version so much more than the TLC release! His legs are a LOT more rubbery than that release, but the rest isn't so bad. What I love is the brighter paint application... I hated the dark gray/silver on the TLC version. This one has a cream color that is more accurate to the film, and his lightsabers are even brighter (in color), which brings out the bright colors more.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30 AM »
I just say the clean version is from the Invisible Hand and the dirty is from his time on Utapau.