Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 75839 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave ? - RotS
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Taking in the STAN report my predictions/guesses for TF:

New
Senate Duel Sideous
Senate Duel Yoda
Anakin (with ball jointed arms)
Cin Dragill
Obi-Wan Mustafar Duel
Tarrful

Refreshed
Utapaun Clone trooper (Darker Orange)
Arc Pilot Redco
501st Clone Trooper
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 01:32 AM »
A little bit of news thanks to the Q&A over at HH:

** EpIII is the theme for Wave 2 of Vintage, with eight figures will be brought in (seven from EpIII and one from EpIV). Of the seven, four will be upgrades of previously released characters (including an all new Senate Duel Darth Sidious) and the others are "greatest hits" style figures.

Also from the Q&A, there is a picture of the General Grievous from this wave over at JTA.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 01:34 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 02:08 AM »
Now I'm curious...  How will they do this Sidious?  Or an Office Duel one?  Hmmm...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 04:47 AM »
Four "upgraded" figures...

Senate Sidious ,Senate Yoda,Anakin and maybe Grevious bodyguard or New Secura?

As to how they will do Sidious, i'm thinking seperate plastic hood and shoulders part of robe with soft goods for rest of robe -something a bit like the last palpatine.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:24 AM by jono »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 01:52 PM »
...Also from the Q&A, there is a picture of the General Grievous from this wave over at JTA.

Now THAT is a good looking Grievous figure. I'll likely get a few of it, providing it's the correct scale. If it is again too short, then it's a one time purchase for me and then only for the cape and weapons.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02 PM »
I'm assuming it's the Legacy Grievous we already have, with his robe...  maybe a better paintjob.

I like the cape's added pockets for saber hilts, that's neat.  The cape may be a tad short though, more like it's made for the shorter Grievous figures.  :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I love the new cape, I have three of the WM version but this one has pockets! Hopefully it will sport the tribe logo too so it two ups the WM one.

I am hoping the Senate Duel Sidious is a combo to make the Office version too since that is what is underneath the robes. Give him an alt head, soft good cloak and the plastic shoulder pad as mentioned above and you have a killer figure. Two Palps with one stone. Doubtful but worth hoping for.

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:10 AM »
The cape looks a little short on that Grievous but maybe if he can hunch over it might not look too bad. I like the pockets . It looks like he's got some swivel wrists this time, I wonder what else is new in there.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 02:09 AM »
I hope the Sandtrooper reissue in this wave is the Dewback version done dirty. (insert joke)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 02:31 AM »
I'd kind of like more of him either dirty or clean, but I see a case for both of them getting put back out there.  Dirty's probably the ideal for the Dewback though.  I just know I'd like 10 of them for just some extra poseable regular troopers.

I remember a time I'd have wanted 40 of just that one trooper type...  I must be getting old.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 05:21 AM »
I'm really digging the new head. I thought the TLC version didn't really capture enough Grievous' real look. The paint job on the armor is also a vast improvement, but what I'm hoping Hasbro does update are those flimsy hands. The TLC figure was barely capable of holding the lightsabers with 2 fingers (when the arms are split apart). The cape, although nice, is just too small.  :(

Overall though, it's a nice figure, but it's obviously gonna require some tweaking to the plastic bubble.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I hope the Sandtrooper reissue in this wave is the Dewback version done dirty. (insert joke)

I'd agree, but he'd need a holster.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: April 8, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Palpatine sounds pretty neat/fun as Palps figures go according to our Q&A this week.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #28 on: April 8, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Palpatine sounds pretty neat/fun as Palps figures go according to our Q&A this week.

Sounds like they knocked out two figures with one slot, hopefully he will have an unmelted head too. doubtful but I can always dremmel out the pepper shaker version until they get to it. This is great news. So far I am very happy with this and the Oola news.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 8, 2010, 09:50 PM »

Sounds like they knocked out two figures with one slot, hopefully he will have an unmelted head too. doubtful but I can always dremmel out the pepper shaker version until they get to it. This is great news. So far I am very happy with this and the Oola news.

Wait - Hasbro is (unless I'm wrong) cranking out a Senate Duel version (vs. Yoda), not the Office Duel version, which was against Mace Windu.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"