Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 75833 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #30 on: April 8, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Hasbro says this cat has soft good robes. After the duel with Mace he slapped on that grayish/black robe. So underneath should be an office style outfit. so as long as the hood comes off you should be able to at least customize him enough to make the office duel version.

Thoughts?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: April 8, 2010, 11:01 PM »
He puts that on after the duel with Mace, but when he's dueling Yoda in the Senate there is no red under the robe it appears...  I guess he changed clothes sometime between the two timeframes.  So I wouldn't count on a two-fer with this one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #32 on: April 8, 2010, 11:27 PM »
JJ beat me to it.

Post Office Duel:

Pre Senate Duel:
« Last Edit: April 8, 2010, 11:28 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 08:00 PM »
From what I can see, he has 2 very different outfits on. True, after his duel w/ Mace he puts on a black robe over his office outfit, but he is wearing a different outfit for his duel w/ Yoda (which Hasbro has said is the version we're getting).

So, Hasbro, can we soon get an Office Duel (against Mace and Jedi) Palpy?? Huh??  ;)

If not, I'm guessing it'll be a number of ROTS waves before we finally get the Office Duel version.  :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:57 PM by Jeff »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 07:52 PM »
We've seen the Grievous figure and JD got some nice details about Senate Duel Palpatine.  So, how about some details on Anakin and the Magnaguard?

- Anakin has a new head and arms with Sith eye deco (insert molded shoulders and elbows and pivot wrists).

- The Magnaguard is essentially all new, including new highly articulated legs (from a cancelled exclusive Droid Factory sequel); new torso from the waist up insert shoulder, elbows, hips, waist, knees, ankles, pivot wrist, ball neck); and a fabric cape.

Color me very, very happy to hear that we are finally getting an SA "Sith Eyes" Anakin - great news that his arms are finally being upgraded!  And very cool beans on the all-new Magnaguard - most folks were guessing it would just be a retool of the new Clone Wars figure so it's nice to hear that's not the case. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:53 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2010, 08:03 PM »
That is very cool news indeed, looking forward to both of those figures.  It will be nice to have a SA "sith eyes" Anakin, and a new MagnaGuard is long overdue.  Nice that it is going to be mostly/all new.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Wow, yeah I'm pretty geeked on that Magna Guard, and Anakin's been much needed I think as well...  I've got lots of the Evo figure, so I doubt I stock up too much, but I'd take Sith Eyes, Sith Eyes with "burn damage" to his outfit, and then a non-Sith Eyes version all from Hasbro if they offered all 3 decoes.  I'm a sucker, what can I say?

The Magna Guard sounds simply spectacular.  I hope it's everything that was being described.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 11:53 PM »
Sweet. Count me in for at least 4 Magnaguards. I'll probably snag two Anakins, using the second to swap heads with the Evolutions version for an SA "regular" Anakin.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2010, 09:35 AM »
No Utapau (212th) Clone Trooper for this wave (or Legends)  :(

Back in our 12/10/09 QnA, you stated that you were working on getting Commader Cody's 212th (Utapau) Clone Troopers back into the pegs. With last week's release of the Vintage and Legends line up, it was revealed that there is an EpIII Clone Trooper in both the Vintage line as a "Greatest Hits" figure and the Saga Legends line. Will one of these clones be that much requested Utapau Clone, if not which EIII clone is it?

A2: The 212th will not be coming back out in Saga Legends.  Instead, it will be the 501st, Shock Trooper, and White Clones that still remain in high demand.  We will look for ways to get the 212th back out there, though - we realize the demand to get this one and some others from EpIII back out there in circulation.  Meanwhile, some great 212th figures show up in one of the latest Comic Packs, including a new grappling hook blaster.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:35 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I can actually see them upgrading the basic white clone with more wrist articulation and deco to make it newish and closer to the CW clone articulation. They may even use ball jointed hips investing in a new clone tool.

Just think how many of these they can sell if they upgrade the basic clone. They milked the other so much now seems a perfect time to go for it plus it would help increase sales/demand.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 10:59 AM »
But Hasbro already confirmed in the Q&A that the Ep3 Clone in this wave is just a "greatest hits" repack, so I'm not expecting any changes...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 11:18 AM »
But Hasbro already confirmed in the Q&A that the Ep3 Clone in this wave is just a "greatest hits" repack, so I'm not expecting any changes...

Most likely that is the case I did not see that reply before. However they can always use Legacy Cody's hands with new deco, they would fit. If they do not even add some battle wear deco that really is weak because you can buy the legends one with battle gear and for less money..

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 02:45 PM »
Wait - Hasbro is (unless I'm wrong) cranking out a Senate Duel version (vs. Yoda), not the Office Duel version, which was against Mace Windu.

Well, Palps was sitting in the chair when Yoda arrived to do some battle.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 04:02 PM »
Is the Utapau clone really in that much demand still?

I scooped up everyone I could find back when. They were easy to find and I bought many and often from eBay for cheap too. The articulation was/is just fine. I wish the black markings weren't on there, but I can deal with that.

I may pick up more of these if they are released again, depending on what Hasbro changes on the figure.

I'm waiting on the comic pack of these guys.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 05:45 PM »
The Utapau Clone hit around the time that the "Skittle Clones" term became a common part of the collecting vernacular.  And toward the end of the run of 2006's The Saga Collection it was pretty easy to score an Utapau Clone.  I certainly won't be army building with this one myself unless it's made on the Episode III Evolutions Clone body or better.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback