Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 75827 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 10:23 PM »
I had no idea how much in-demand the 212th clone is. I have the 2006 TSC version, which is a very impressive figure - the paint apps even feature battle-damage, which I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro removed for a future re-release.

Happy for the Magna Guard AND Anakin! I hope he alse includes a Jedi Robe - to recreate the Jedi Temple Massacre!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 1, 2010, 01:20 AM »
I assumed people only wanted a new 212th because the paint on the new Cody is more screen accurate and doesn't match the old 212th figs.

Personally I'm in the boat where I won't be buying anymore Clones until they have wrist articulation and removable helmets and all that jazz.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 1, 2010, 12:57 PM »
I assumed people only wanted a new 212th because the paint on the new Cody is more screen accurate and doesn't match the old 212th figs.

Personally I'm in the boat where I won't be buying anymore Clones until they have wrist articulation and removable helmets and all that jazz.

Although I can see Hasbro adding SA-wrists to clones, I don't think they would ever go to including remvable helmets - Hasbro tends to make their clones unanimous, as there are so many unique personalities under those helmets.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #48 on: May 1, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Anonymous...he ;D

Can't help it, it's the teacher in me.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 2, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Haha...

Fine then! ;)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Pictures of TVC Wave 2!!

These look great - Anakin looks very Sith Lord-ish, Palpatine's face sculpt and softgoods outfit are amazing, and I think we can finally slash SA Magna Guard off our wanted lists - this figure is beautiful! It's cool to see also that Sand Trooper is being released again, but with the new rifle from the Trooper/Dewback set. Grievous should be better since he has improved articulation and the new cape (which isn't long enough).

Unimpressed that Obi-Wan made this wave, considering he looks no different from his TSC (No. 28) release. Hope that Cody comes with an all-new belt that can actually store Obi-Wan's lightsaber (unlike the TLC release), and that it's not upside-down.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:53 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 08:17 PM »
As per our front page...

Entertainment Earth posts Wave 2 Vintage Images First...  Clicky!

Pretty nifty stuff I think.  I'm glad Palps sports the softgoods, but I'm not hopeful we'll get a non-cackling headsculpt.  I'm ok with it as is, but I'd prefer a less animated face be included if possible.  Maybe another figure down the road.

Anakin you really can't tell much, same with Obi-Wan...  The Magna Guard looks awesome to me.  I'm pretty geeked to get a shot at the Sandtrooper from the Dewback as well.  I plan to army build him some.  I'm ok with the clean deco but I'm sure many would've preferred a dirty one.  I'll deal though, and redeco a couple myself.

ROTS is getting fairly tapped for stuff, but I'm glad we're getting some much-needed resculpting going on too like the Magna Guard.  That was one of my ROTS biggies that I'll happily check off and buy repaints of down the road if they offer us the other colors.

Cody and another plain E3 Clone are in the wave too...  Hopefully there aren't still E3 clones sneaking into the Legends assortments, as that makes no real sense.  Cody though, he went pretty fast so I can see them putting him back out.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:54 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Palpy is a little underwhelming at first glance.  I'll reserve judgement until I see some better pics.  I really want to see the cards, especially that Sandtrooper.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34 PM »
What part of the Senate Duel was that Palpatine in?  That sucks, most people did not vote for him in the latest Wishlist poll because we were told he was coming, he was a high vote getter in the Fan Choice poll and they give us that??

I'm a lot underwhelmed by these outside of the Magnaguard...that said, they will look sweet on the cards ::)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2010, 08:41 PM »
Palpatine's outfit looks significantly black, considering in the movie it was more of a beige/purple color. Hoping that Senate Duel Yoda makes it next ROTS Wave - I can understand him not being in this one due to 4 lightsaber-wielding characters all being in the same wave.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Senate Duel Palpatine is the one I posted above...brown and black robes.  That looks like a good ROTJ Emperor, but not a Senate Dueler.  He really only wore the black robe right after he gave Vader his Sith title

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2010, 09:32 PM »
I'm personally getting sick and tired of recollecting the same figure over and over and over and over again with a new sculpt/deco.  I plan on being done with this stuff after this new "vintage" line dies - hopefully.  Love those vinty cards too much even though the prequel stuff is invading on old school territory.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2010, 09:36 PM »
Anakin looks like he might have new elbows/arms. Obviously we can't see, but the swivel arms have never looked like that in a cloak (for me at least).

So yeah, definitely buying a few Magnaguards and Sandtroopers. Grievous will be bought only for the cape (::)). Anakin, Obi and Palps will be passes unless there are new features from their past figures (and it looks like there will be for Anakin).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2010, 09:58 PM »
Here's another image of Palps/Yoda...

Definitely a lighter color...  Not sure if that's brown or what's doing, but different than the velvety black top.

I'm not going to gripe TOO much on Palps till I see the final figure.  I think softgoods have certain limitations, and ultimately I'll take the poseable Palps over the ROTS figure because we really just don't have poseable Palpatine figures yet.  Maybe they can re-use this figure to put new softgoods robes on, and crank out each set of robes he has?  I think this is an effort at the Senate Duel though, not the latter scenes like Mustafar and things.  The darker/velvety top implies that anyway I think.

Another pic...

In this one it looks more to the "black" color but llike the top velvety part is just darker.    It's another Hoth Han Coat.  Anyone have pics of this from a show?  I can't recall if it was on display at Science/Imagination, or if it was at the SW in Concert show or not.   ???

EDIT:  Pics weren't turning up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:54 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2010, 10:01 PM »
This one:

Is this one: