Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 75834 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Anakin, Obi and Palps will be passes unless there are new features from their past figures (and it looks like there will be for Anakin).

Palpatine is supposedly all-new, Anakin has some new parts, Obi-Wan is a "greatest hits" repack (no changes).

- Anakin has a new head and arms with Sith eye deco (insert molded shoulders and elbows and pivot wrists).

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2010, 10:14 PM »
All the figures look like they're pretty well done, but wow, what a boring wave, nothing but resculpts and reissues, many which we just got in Legends/Legacy just last year. I like the look of Palps and the Magnaguard but the rest are very meh to me, especially Obi Wan. I can't help but think they're just putting a lot of these out for the sole purpose of getting them on the vintage cards. Good for the carded collectors who aren't put off by prequel styled cards I suppose.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17 PM »
I don't know, I think the size/resolution and overall graininess of the figure's image is a bit deceiving. I've blown up the image and highlighted what I think is the black over dk. brown robes from the Senate Duel. The brown maybe so dark in the image that it is just blending in with the black shoulder mantle.

Granted, it's not the perfect representation of the outfit, but maybe with some minor "tailoring" it can be brought closer to the real deal.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:22 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2010, 11:26 PM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wow.. How does Hasbro expect to bring back collectors with no "new" product.  These look fine, but man...I have most of them.  I'm hoping the Vintage line gets a little more colorful becuase so far, it's just a snoozefest.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2010, 11:33 PM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...wow.. How does Hasbro expect to bring back collectors with no "new" product.  These look fine, but man...I have most of them.  I'm hoping the Vintage line gets a little more colorful becuase so far, it's just a snoozefest.

I think their reasoning is that they front loaded the first wave with a majority of new figures. The preceding wave was bound to be a little repack/repaint heavy with some new stuff sprinkled in. :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37 AM »
I think they're counting on the packaging being a big draw too...  People saying they have to have this or that repack on the old style cards.  It's not my habits they're after, but it's someone's.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2010, 02:15 AM »
By the time TVC finally debuts, collectors will undoubtedly get excited all over again and pull out those wallets - especially with the ROTS wave, since it's the first prequel wave on a "vintage" card, which will definitely give this wave some good sales.

I don't like either, however, that a lot of these waves are getting more and more repacks - it's beginning to be a trend ever since TLC, which is a shame, since TLC is ending. Hasbro eventually will have to make newer figures to keep up with the number of repack figures.

As for the figures themselves, the color of Palpatine's robes is more defined in the blown-up picture. I honestly very much like this figure, I don't see what the fuss is over it considering people have always wondered how Hasbro would deal with Palps in these robes since they would mostly have to be softgoods.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2010, 09:31 AM »
One new character and one much needed re-sculpt. Pretty disappointing. I can't even say that I'm happy about the sandtrooper re-pack. I was never happy with those hip joints. Sadly, I'll still pick up a couple.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2010, 09:41 AM »

Brians Toys has a little bit bigger pic...I think you can see Brown Highlights on the hood and arms...I am a little less mad this morning ;)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2010, 10:28 AM »
I would like Palps more if he had a normal expression head.  I'll still buy him, though.  I'm hoping that Anakin is SA with non swivel elbows.  I would only buy Palpy, GG and Anakin if they were on non Vintage styled cards, but I will end up picking up one of everything.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2010, 10:39 AM »
The Palpatine is the highlight of the wave for me, if not the past several years.  From what I can see this figure is outstanding and a great representation of him from his duel with Yoda.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2010, 10:47 AM »
I think you can see Brown Highlights on the hood and arms...I am a little less mad this morning ;)

It's so hard to tell - he could be great or he could be all-wrong.  I guess I'll wait for better pics to figure out how I feel about Palps. 

I'm hoping that Anakin is SA with non swivel elbows.

One more time...  Hasbro has confirmed that Anakin has a new head (with Sith Eyes deco) and new arms (new shoulder, elbow and wrist joints).

As a refresher -
ALL-NEW = Magnaguard and Palpatine
UPGRADES = Anakin (new head, arms, deco), Grievous (new articulation, cape)
100% REPACKS = Sandtrooper, Obi-Wan, Cody, Clone
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Yeah, I cannot say I am blown away but the newness in the wave is great! I like the laughing head but would alos like a second non laughing head as well. I am sure we will see that at some point. There is not much left to mine out of ROTS so I am not surprised.

Hopefully the next two waves will be more like the first.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2010, 03:25 PM »
If they had to do a head that's animated, the cackling is the best.  He was a really wild old coot in that battle.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2010, 03:46 PM »
If they had to do a head that's animated, the cackling is the best.  He was a really wild old coot in that battle.

Agreed!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/