Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76028 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #180 on: August 5, 2010, 04:10 PM »
A couple more images... 

Clicky each image to check 'em out!

Also if you're note the Anakin headsculpt compared to the UGH figure, they're the same, so this just helps to confirm what Hasbro told Jayson over at Yakface during Comic-Con, that Anakin appears he'll share the same headsculpt regardless of the cardback.

I like that the Clone uses the ball-jointed hips, and a removable helmet.  I may pick a few of him up...  And if he were repainted I'd pick him up again I'm sure.  I won't go nuts army building him as I have plenty already, but I'd buy probably 2 of any color they put out.

Obi-Wan's a snore unless they're hiding paint aps there. :(  Anakin rocks socks. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 5, 2010, 07:25 PM »
When are these due to hit?

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: August 5, 2010, 07:39 PM »
I was thinking waves were scheduled 6 weeks apart through 2010?   ???  I'm not positive on that CB, but I believe that was what came out of SDCC...  So, assuming 8/6 isn't the exact date that 6 weeks should've started from then I think we could see Wave 2 as early as late August or early September.

In general when production images begin surfacing I've found a 1 month waiting period is pretty common.  So I'm betting on September then, though earlier wouldn't surprise me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 6, 2010, 10:24 AM »
Yep, these huge bubbles and they can't/won't put Wicket and Kneesaa on one card.  :-\

They can, but they'd get a lot of complaints by modifying the vintage card front.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 6, 2010, 02:58 PM »
I was thinking waves were scheduled 6 weeks apart through 2010?   ???  I'm not positive on that CB, but I believe that was what came out of SDCC...  So, assuming 8/6 isn't the exact date that 6 weeks should've started from then I think we could see Wave 2 as early as late August or early September.

In general when production images begin surfacing I've found a 1 month waiting period is pretty common.  So I'm betting on September then, though earlier wouldn't surprise me.

thanks for the info.
I'm keeping my eyes open for these and future vintage.
Wish they were all like this.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2010, 08:10 PM »
It looks like Hasbro might have the correct color on the MagnaGuard's staff after all.

http://www.rebelscum.com/C5/Setting_Up/image39.asp

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51 PM »
^ I did notice that, and hopefully that's the final color. But after a closer inspection of Anakin's headsculpt, I personally don't like it very much. I just don't think it's a good likeness. I will give props, though, for the Sith eyes.

There are also shots of the cardbacks from the ROTS wave... they're a mess - seeing "Vintage" (Palpatine), ROTS (Grievous, Magna Guard, Anakin, Obi-Wan), TSC (Cody), and even POTF2 (Sandtrooper) cardbacks all together look very un-uniform.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:59 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Just in time for C5 I guess, some loose images of Anakin from Wave 2...

Very bitchin' looking!

Clicky to check 'em out!

He's a perfect Jedi...  tons of articulation, saber and saber hilt which clips to the belt, a cloth cloak...  The ideal stuff a Jedi should come with, and be designed as.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Looks like I'll be getting two, although that's if the older Anakin head fits on the new body. I tried a headswap with the new TVC Boba and the Evolutions one and there was some looseness for some reason, which is retarded considering it's the same figure.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2010, 10:52 PM »
There's sometimes some shrinking that takes place during cool-down with plastics, and sometimes it varies if a different plastic is used, so that's a possible explanation there.  It can be very slight, but make all the difference, and thus the head it was designed to have/manufactured with shrank at the same rate and fits right, while the other doesn't.

That's just a possible explanation on that anyway.

Also I'm not so sure yet that I'm buying that they got the electro-staff colors right for the Magna Guard.  I'm hopeful too, but as we've come to see over the years, what's on display at conventions isn't necessarilly a good gauge of what you'll see at retail in terms of colors and whatnot.   :-\  I hope I'm wrong on that though, as the ones on display now look better than the previous images, but those previous images may be production figures and what's on display may be a packaged prototype.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2010, 12:48 PM »
I picked up this wave this morning on my way into work and instead of going to lunch, I'm opening them up at my desk.

The Anakin and Sidious are the gems in this wave - to me at least.

The cape on Grievous is a nice touch, but frankly, the cape should have been present in the TLC release and why give us eight slots for unlit lightsabers and only two unlit lightsabers - I would have preferred four unlit lightsabers instead of the blaster.

The Magnaguard is an articulation improvement, but the figure seems still too small and a bit too fragile. I was gonna army build this figure, I might only grab another one to open now that I've actually gotten to fiddle with it.

The belt on my Commander Cody figures are fixed - so that's a good thing with this re-release.

The Clonetrooper and Sandtrooper are nice army builders, gonna definitely have to pick up some more of them.

The lame duck of the wave is Obi-Wan - nice figure, umpteenth re-release, nothing really new here, makes sense though - if you're gonna put ROTS Obi-Wan on a Vintage style card, this is the figure to go with - unfortunately, both of the ones I found were smashed, so I still need one of these for the MOC collection.

So overall, it's a nice wave, could it have been a bit better? Sure, but that's the case with every wave in my opinion.

I have to wonder, so now that these are out, are the only other Vintage figures coming out between now and the end of the year the ROTJ wave figures? It seems like calendar-wise there's plenty of time to fit in the ROTJ and AOTC waves.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Found these today at TRU in NY.  I wasn't really expecting them yet.

At $9.99 I was selective.  Had to have the Palps and Anakin though.  And then Grievous.  And then the sandtrooper.

Figured I'd just hold the receipt until I find them at Target or Wally.  I dunno.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2010, 01:05 PM »

No ****!  How's the new Walrusman?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2010, 01:08 PM »

I have to wonder, so now that these are out, are the only other Vintage figures coming out between now and the end of the year the ROTJ wave figures? It seems like calendar-wise there's plenty of time to fit in the ROTJ and AOTC waves.

the way I heard Curto's interview it sounded like Hasbro is very hopeful that the AOTC wave will be out right around Christmas time - and the wave following that could be out shortly after (perhaps within a week!)

Also, what are your thoughts on Anakin's arms?  To me they looked to long in all of the pics I have seen.  How does he look in hand?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2010, 01:26 PM »

No ****!  How's the new Walrusman?

No need to be a smart-ass, it's my fault, I started the trend - I saw "Vintage Wave 2" and I thought this thread was for the ROTS wave.

Just take Dressel and me out and shoot us for this horrible breach of web forum etiquette!

::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!