Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS  (Read 76036 times)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 2 - RotS
« Reply #240 on: September 11, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Wave 2 is currently in stock at Entertainment Earth. Not the revision cases, or at least not all of them, but they updated the assortment. When I first ordered my wave 2 case there weren't foils in it. Now there are. Magnaguard, Han, Vader and Cody are the foils. I'd have preferred no foils. The only foil I really want is the fett and that's just to flush out a fett focus. Wave 1 is still showing in stock too.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #241 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31 AM »
MY local WM seems to have a bunch of these, so much so that Magnaguards and Sandtroopers sit around a bit. It makes up for the lack of Jabba. Anyway, I bought a few of these for the carded collection- Sidious, Magnaguard, Clone Trooper, and the insanely cool Anakin and Obi-Wan. I guess I'll have to keep looking for Cody and Grievous, since the ones at my store had slightly damaged cards, wonky sticker placement, or misapplied bubbles.

It seemed like there were more foil cards sitting around than regular ones, which I thought was bizarre until I remembered the UGH idea was pretty stupid.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #242 on: September 13, 2010, 02:24 AM »
This wave's been htiting here at WM in a somewhat predictable pattern, but I've still not got the Magna Guard, and after at rip out this afternoon it appears that most WM's that had this wave now no longer have it, including figures like Obi_Wan and the Clone who were the only ones to linger much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2010, 12:57 PM »
same here (in NC) the same Wally I first saw the RotS wasve at a week or so ago now only has one clone and a Obi left. plenty of ESB though, well 3P0's, Hoth Hans, a couple Leia's and some Bespin Luke.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22 PM »
I got this wave via BBTS this afternoon (although I have seem them at retail twice too, but I already had this in my "pile of loot"), and it really is a pretty nice wave.  I can't say I was overly excited about it when it was first announced, but the figures do look pretty nice.  I haven't gotten a chance to open them yet (hopefully tonight or tomorrow), but it is good to hear that some of the "repacks" like Grievous, Cody, Clonetrooper, etc. at least have some minor improvements.

I saw plenty of the foil versions when I spotted them at retail too, and got a couple more (Cody, Magna Guard) in my set from BBTS.  I don't really plan on keeping carded versions of the PT figures, but I thought I'd keep one of the Anakin and Obi-Wan from this wave because I think they look kind of spiffy (plus, I really enjoyed ROTS the most of the PT).  I'm on the fence with which "set" to keep carded, foil or non-foil, since I happened to end up with one of each of Ani/Obi.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 13, 2010, 08:08 PM »
I just found out (thanks Yakface :P) that the outfit on Palps isn't 100% accurate. Oh well, it's a great figure anyways. Apparently he has another robe that's supposed to go underneath that shawl. But that would've probably made the figure too expensive to produce.

I like how he can grip the lightning. The TLC CP Clone Palps had lightning that clipped onto his wrist, which made it look like it was shooting out of his sleeve. This Palps can actually hold the lightning, so now it actually looks like its shooting out his fingers.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2010, 11:18 PM »
At JTA's Q/A Hasbro addressed the Cody belt-swap/belt fix this way:

A. We did make note of Cody's belt being upside down and checked off samples that were correct.  However, since there were two versions (foil and non-foil) the message didn't get attached to both versions.

They make it seem as only the foil (UGH) versions got the corrected belt. So do the non-UGH versions still have the "error" belt? If I recall correctly, when the 1st pics of UGH TVC Cody came out, his belt was corrected, but non-UGH pics showed him with the belt uncorrected.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41 PM »
Since these figures are out, that's a pretty easy question to answer if you can find them.

My Commander Cody was a non-UGH and had a fixed belt.  I saw UGH and non-UGH today both, and both had fixed belts.  I'm guessing any that got out with the wrong belts are few.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 15, 2010, 07:33 AM »
Found Ben yesterday.
No other on the pegs.
Would like to get Anakin.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 15, 2010, 08:27 AM »
I just found out (thanks Yakface :P) that the outfit on Palps isn't 100% accurate. Oh well, it's a great figure anyways. Apparently he has another robe that's supposed to go underneath that shawl. But that would've probably made the figure too expensive to produce.

I like how he can grip the lightning. The TLC CP Clone Palps had lightning that clipped onto his wrist, which made it look like it was shooting out of his sleeve. This Palps can actually hold the lightning, so now it actually looks like its shooting out his fingers.

Yeah the outfit for Palls is terrible, brown 'skirt' and black' shaw and the soft plastic hood is another color all together. IT's weird mistakes like this that make you pull your hair out! Come on Habro, you get so much stuff right, then let a blunder like this out - it's maddening LOL
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Sidious was one of the main figures I have been waiting on since ROTS.  I like the headsculpt but unfortunately the clothing really looks bad IMO.  But I love the cardback and will just have to "deal" with it until they release another version in 2017. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2010, 03:59 PM »
PoopaPappaPalpatine is my favorite only behind the Magna Guard in this wave...  The robes are a bit complex, but I thought the shawl thing looks fantastic (I got mine to look great anyway), and I can sort of give them some leeway on the outfit's accuracy for the articulation and cost.  I've thought about trying to make another "layer" to it myself, but probably won't even bother.

The Magna Guard's a thing of beauty though.  Just fantastic.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 18, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Found my first opener magna guard. Definitely one of the best figures in the wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 18, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Found my first opener magna guard. Definitely one of the best figures in the wave.
Yeah my son wants one or two of these plus "Darth" Anakin, Grevious and maybe Obi. Is it this Vintage Grevous or the Legacy version that is so rubbery it's legs are bent beyond hope?
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 18, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Yeah my son wants one or two of these plus "Darth" Anakin, Grevious and maybe Obi. Is it this Vintage Grevous or the Legacy version that is so rubbery it's legs are bent beyond hope?

It's actually both - but if you want good play value, Vintage Grievous is best, because that one comes with a cape, blaster, and 2 unlit lightsaber hilts.