Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103648 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2011, 02:56 PM »
so this means we are going to be getting hit by 2 waves then a dry spell?  Oh well, I hope if they "short" anything it will be wave 5 of course.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2011, 03:15 PM »
ugh...the Spring dryspell.   I forgot all about it.  Does that mean it's going to be like August before we get that awesome Weequay?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Here are a few crappy cell phone pictures. All of the figures were still there, so I bought the Guard, Zam and Obi-Wan. They weren't ringing up, so the cashier had to manually input a description and price.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2011, 03:58 PM »
They weren't ringing up, so the cashier had to manually input a description and price.

yuck - I hate when hat happens!  they are pretty 50/50 when it comes to this as to whether they will sell them to you or not.

anyway - grats to you!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I saw these at a Wal-Mart today.  Fun note: the dates on the back for first availability are generally all wrong.  Jango and Zam were released in 2000 and the Outlander Obi-Wan Kenobi was 2002-2004 in Hasbro's notes.  Since Hasbro labeled Obi-Wan as a 2003 figure as part of the series number, and the assortment in which it shipped was discontinued in December 2003 as it was being blown out... OK, so I'm anal.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2011, 11:36 PM »
I saw these at a Wal-Mart today.  Fun note: the dates on the back for first availability are generally all wrong.  Jango and Zam were released in 2000 and the Outlander Obi-Wan Kenobi was 2002-2004 in Hasbro's notes.  Since Hasbro labeled Obi-Wan as a 2003 figure as part of the series number, and the assortment in which it shipped was discontinued in December 2003 as it was being blown out... OK, so I'm anal.

Using the wrong dates for first availability is becoming a trend on Hasbro's part - they also did it with the ROTJ-wave R2-D2, and the ROTS-wave Magna Guard, too. At the same time, it's understandable how this could happen.

Does Hasbro use the POTJ Sneak Preview Zam and Jango on the back of the cards?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 19, 2011, 04:38 AM »
Does Hasbro use the POTJ Sneak Preview Zam and Jango on the back of the cards?

Yes, for both characters.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 19, 2011, 09:16 AM »
I'm more concerned about my wallet. Two waves hitting at once? Ouch.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #173 on: January 19, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I'm more concerned about my wallet. Two waves hitting at once? Ouch.

I order two cases of each that came in all at once yesterday plus Matty MOTU Classics order day was yesterday as well. Paypal called me to verify the large purchases, I can use a month break after that. I just have to secure the Endor sets and some extra senate Guards and I can kick back as far as I know.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2011, 12:24 AM »
Just opened my AOTC figs and I have to say that top to bottom this may be Hasbro's finest work ever.  I don't even know if I could name a favorite...Zam, Padme, the guard, Jedi, Fett

They are all great...it really makes Wave 5 all the lousier...w/ Wave 3 two back to back Grand Slams

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2011, 01:05 AM »
I saw some pics of Zam from someone in Aussie land I think, and my oh my is she a great figure...  2 unique heads, removable helmet, working goggles, etc., etc.  I wanted a great Zam, and they knocked her out of the park to near perfection.

I can't wait to pick this wave up...  And I can't wait for Wave 5 figures to not be on the pegs.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18 AM »
Luke is actually pretty decent from wave 5. Likeness is as good or better than the Resurgence BP version - soft goods work too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2011, 01:23 AM »
I was going to add that even lesser needed figures like Mace, Kit and a corrected Jango are fabulous.  I've wanted a SA Mace Windu since 1999 that looks like SL Jackson and we finally got one.  ABout the only one I wish wasn't in the wave is the SBD and IMO they should have yanked Dooku from the Target packs and had him here.  Same quality figure and obviously done at the same time as the others.  

Zam is great too Jesse and again the amount of detail and accuracy in this scale is really mind boggling.  

Oh, and the minute I saw pictures of the original Anakin back in the day I was beyond pissed.  That figure is the second worst figure in the entire line and was such a slap in the face of everything that happened from 1997-2001.  There was pleading and collector involvement to come out with better scaling, better likenesses and more articulation.  Most of those Saga figures are complete horse **** and I am glad they are finally correcting that wrong

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2011, 02:46 AM »
For me, late POTJ marked the beginning of the "dark times", as I refer to them, in collecting.

Some of the bull**** that rolled out from then onward to 2003/2004-ish was just attrocious.  I didn't buy one damn figure in 2002 during MM.  I looked around, and it was my worst nightmare.  Almost every figure was a little PVC statue, and some of them were so absurd that absolutely nothing would stand them up...  even stands tipped due to the weight and odd pose of the figures.

I've grown to appreciate some of what was done then, only because it has a superior figure that was made more recently.  However, those figures are still pretty attrocious.  It really kicked off with Eeth Koth at the tail end of POTJ...  Then the preview wave...  Then 2002's Saga kick-off.  Gradually they started to do some stuff better, like Capt. Antilles and Gen. Dodonna, but really it took an entire film's release of figures for them to realize they were going down the completely wrong path?  That's disappointing.

Things didn't pick up in quality overall till 2005 really.  There were some good figures between 2003 and 2005, but 2005 was the first time that the line really was showing a big jump in quality I thought, with the ROTS Preview Wave.  2004 had some pretty big jumps, but 2005 was like a jump for the entire line, not just a figure here or there that seemed like a fan-wank.

2002 stuff though...  I still to this day don't own that Jar Jar.  I even WANT that Jar Jar resculpt.  I won't buy that 2002 figure though.  It's disgusting.

It's funny how Zam's figure makes me forget about the Padme and Anakin in the wave...  I've wanted the Outlander Disguise figures for eons, and now they're here, and I have a hard time remembering that because Zam looks so disgustingly outstanding that I'm fixated on getting Jango's sidekick.

That's great stuff.

It's good news from you Jayson, that Luke isn't too bad.  That's helping push a sale of him on me...  I heard the face getting some ****** reviews.  Hell, I  may even buy a 2nd one so I can replace the 30AC Medal Ceremony Luke?  That figure's skin tone is more annoying to me, than his likeness though.  I'm usually a little forgiving there.  Human likenesses are just hard to get right I figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2011, 06:28 AM »
What's been "corrected" about Jango Fett? I thought color was still purple.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise