Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103646 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 04:51 PM »
I could see Arena Jedi upgrades here and there...  Shaak Ti's a great example Greg, probably the best one, and I'd say the Weequay could slip out in some capacity again with knees.  The Nikto I could see getting upgraded too.  A lot of this depends on Hasbro's desire to upgrade all the arena Jedi...  Jedi are popular though.

I'd like to see the 2 humans that toss sabers to Obi/Ani at some point.  JACK's point about the Arena packs is a good one, but those may be in limbo as far as going further...  Exclusives are scaled back in 2010 like everything else, so I'm curious about those right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2010, 06:29 AM »
I was disappointed to read a while back that Hasbro considered Dexter Jettster to be "done". Although I don't dislike the figure we have now, I think his arms in particular, could benefit from the advances in articulation.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I was disappointed to read a while back that Hasbro considered Dexter Jettster to be "done". Although I don't dislike the figure we have now, I think his arms in particular, could benefit from the advances in articulation.

With that he would be able to scratch his gnarly alien butt and hug Obi.  :DHe is one of the few figures of my collection that is not displayed along with the Droid Waitress. I cringe at that scene every time I watch it. His figure from 2002 was nicely done and I have to agree with Hasbro not to revisit him. with so few slots to spare there are other much more deserving of resculpts.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 08:13 AM »
I like the idea of despising a scene so much you can't have figures from it out on display! I'd like to know who else is hanging out in the sin bin with those diner guys.

I don't think I've got a scene like that, but I've definitely got some figures I just couldn't buy, no matter how accurate a representation they were, because I just didn't like the design.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2010, 01:59 PM »
From Yakface.com:

The Vintage Collection Wave 4
1x Zam Wiessel (24989)
1x Obi-Wan (24990)
1x Peasant Anakin (24991)
1x Peasant Padme (24992)
1x Jango Fett (24993)
1x Kit Fisto (24988)
1x Mace Windu (24994)
1x Blue Senate Guard (24995)
1x Super Battle Droid (24996)
1x Grievous with Cape (20824)
1x Sandtrooper (20832)
1x Darth Vader (97580)

AT LAST! Zam Wesell! It's about time that Hasbro upgrades her - and just in time for TVC, too! Peasant Anakin should be an exciting release, too, since he's an upgrade of the terrible Saga figure. Let's hope Padme sells well, too. Although Grievous' inclusion in this wave is questionable, it is acceptable in a way since he was present in the Battle of Geonosis, albeit only in the Geonosian catacombs.

Darth Vader's repack in this wave again is somewhat annoying being that he's also going to get repacked in the ROTJ wave. And hopefully Mace Windu has a more flexible skirt this time, and let's hope that Jango is painted his proper blue color.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2010, 03:15 PM »
Sweet, Outlander Padme and Anakin and Zam, plus releasing Obi and hopefully non Purple Jango...probably should have included Dooku instead of Kit Fisto IMO

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2010, 08:56 PM »
Agreed on the Dooku instead of Fisto Scott, although if it is the recent "Arena" two pack version, I guess that is kind of cool.  Otherwise, if they are "getting figures out there" again just to put them on vintage cards for the first time, Dooku would sort of make more sense.  I guess there is always next year though.

As far as the new stuff, it sounds pretty good to me.  Zam was probably the figure I wanted the most from this movie at this point, since the first ones were pretty poor (and out a long time ago at this point), and the Outlander Anakin and Padme combo is pretty sweet too.  Honestly, I don't think there is too much else I really want from AOTC all that badly at this point, aside from a new 3PO and Cliegg Lars.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Agreed on the Dooku instead of Fisto Scott, although if it is the recent "Arena" two pack version, I guess that is kind of cool. 

Hopefully they resculpt his head with his winning smile from the battle. ;D

I can say that with Zam being made, I'm pretty much also finished with AOTc - except maybe a few arena Jedi, but nothing over-the-top. Hopefully Shaak Ti gets an upgrade as well. Maybe Aayla Secura too, but I have a feeling she would be mader under a ROTS wave.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2010, 01:43 AM »
Non-themed/mixed waves are going to be starting following the TPM wave.  It's very likely that the characters you're talking about could be in any of a variety of waves in early 2011.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41 AM »
I think I'm going to feel like I've come full circle when I pick up this peasant Anakin. I got the original version as a joke present for my birthday one year and it ended up launching me into collecting the modern line.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Meh. The only thing I'm looking forward to in this wave is the Senate Guard and how they're going to handle the cape. Could be a pre-curser too an excellent Royal Guard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 02:35 PM »
I'm wondering how many of that wave will be upgraded and simply repacked...  There's some potentially very cool upgrades like the Senate Guard.  I could see Fisto getting a slight upgrade too. 

Can't wait...  Of course Zam, and Ani/Padme are the best though.  I've wanted those 3 resculpts for eons now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 06:13 PM »
Action figures aside - this was a horrible-horrible movie.  Caught it on Spike again yesterday and Goonies on FX kept winning over.  The acting/story line just gets worse and worse everytime I see it.  The only redeeming points IMO are Kamino and the battle of Geonosis.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 1, 2010, 01:39 AM »
It may not have been the best Star Wars movie, but it sure as hell was action-packed. We got a first-ever speeder chase, plus some Outlander Club action, a platform fight against Jango Fett plus a space chase, a Tusken camp slaughtering, droid factory raid, arena battle and follow-up battle, plus a 3-part lightsaber duel. Whoo! I don't think ROTS had that much action... or did it?

However, I will say that the worst acting I've seen in the entire saga is in ROTS, when Anakin plainly tells an unusually calm Windu that he's discovered Palpatine's a Sith Lord. The novelization does a better job of telling this scene, citing that Anakin's having a mental breakdown, plus that Windu begins to get all serious.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 1, 2010, 09:44 AM »
However, I will say that the worst acting I've seen in the entire saga is in ROTS, when Anakin plainly tells an unusually calm Windu that he's discovered Palpatine's a Sith Lord. The novelization does a better job of telling this scene, citing that Anakin's having a mental breakdown, plus that Windu begins to get all serious.

I agree that the novelizations go a LONG way at better explaining their emotions, thoughts, reactions etc in the movies vs what we actually 'see' on film.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"