Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103658 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave ? - AotC
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2010, 05:22 PM »
Question for STAN

I saw you posted a hint about Target Geo Packs Wave 2. In that you listed:
Sarissa Jeng
Sar Labooda
Anakin
Padme

But you mentioned Sarissa Jeng on a single card in this thread. The Geo pack venue makes more sense since she is the poster character of a loser figure. Can you more clarity to the rumor?

As always thanks for the hints they are always fun to speculate on. I am betting the other two characters that may appear are the two loser who threw sabers to Ani and Obi. (The Foo Man Choo dirty hippie dude and bald guy) They can reuse the head from the Joker squad for the bald guy, just mold him with a tan and slap him on a Jedi body.

In fact I will make my line up prediction for series 2:
Sarissa Jeng with the 2002 Split apart Geonosian Warrior
Sar Labooda with a Battle Droid with EYES!!!!
Anakin with Dirty Hippie Saber Thrower
Padme with Clone Trooper
Obi-Wan with Bald Saber Thrower

« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 05:23 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 8, 2010, 07:24 PM »
Heard we were going to get these and that they MAY be show at the Hasbro Slide Show.  It's still in the air on which ones are carded and one that are coming in the sets.  The protoypes on this figures are completed.  Hopefully the info is right.  But I have to remind everyone Hasbro plans change all the time.  In all respect to Darth Anton who is still waiting on the new Slave 1 (which hopefully come to fruitation in 2011) and the speederbike (prototype completed) , I,m still waiting to....

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 01:45 AM »
Just a thought, but a Zam would look really good on a smaller Vintage bubble - since the female figures are always more petite, that would have been a lot of empty/wasted space on a, say, red/white Legacy package.

Also, the newer Vintage packagings are really restricted in terms of more figure/accessories. Think: we're now getting one (1) Ewok per card. A Darth Maul w/ a longer lightsaber wouldn't fit. And a Zam jam-packed w/ a rifle and alternate head wouldn't, either.  :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 10:32 AM »
I would definitly like a good SA version of Zam. And maybe, ONE day, they'll put Jango out with the correctly colored jumpsuit, but the SA figure is very cool. I think Jango and Boba are my son's fav characters, bounty hunter wise. But I'm not a completist so all the background jedi's are lost on me. But I still hold out for a Jocasta Nu and a re-release of Poggle the Lesser. 
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 3, 2010, 03:52 AM »
I'd be up for a Poggle The Lesser as well, but I'd prefer a revamp. Better paint apps and some more articulation, I'd like a ball joint in the middle so he can hunch over that cane of his.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 3, 2010, 02:24 PM »
we could also use a re-release of Aq-Med Bet and Capt Filoni (or whatever they called anthony daniels' character).  whether they upgrade the articulation or not, we need them released again. Oh and more clone troopers ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 3, 2010, 02:30 PM »
We do?

Those two aren't exactly hard to find now, aren't worth anything at all really...  I just saw them both for $4 each at the local toy show this past weekend.

I'd argue if they're re-released they at the very least need resculpted to make better versions of the actors without their masks on, but straight re-releases of the characters, I'd disagree with.  Wasted slots to me.   :-\
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 02:31 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: March 3, 2010, 02:32 PM »
we could also use a re-release of Aq-Med Bet and Capt Filoni (or whatever they called anthony daniels' character).  whether they upgrade the articulation or not, we need them released again. Oh and more clone troopers ;)

I doubt those two will ever see release again. While not terrible figures the awkward chest pose limits them. They need to make that hot chick they checked out Anakin. (She was standing next to the fat Twilek girl.) While I know it will never ghappen I would not mind some of the loser aliens walking the streets. If they ever make the Twilek masseuses I would not mind seeing them redeco the EP2 Bar Twilek girl. Again based on previous Q&A's Hasbro seems content with that scene in general.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2010, 02:33 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 3, 2010, 02:33 PM »
if you are not interested in an articulation upgrade - why not just pick one up on the secondary market?  they are pretty plentiful.  

personally I think those would be bad choices for re-releasing.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 9, 2010, 03:27 PM »
I have come to the conclusion that I would rather see a SA pilot Padme instead of Arena Padme.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 09:26 AM »
I have come to the conclusion that I would rather see a SA pilot Padme instead of Arena Padme.

I would have to agree with you there. I would not mind seeing a Pilot Typho upgrade too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52 AM »
we could also use a re-release of Aq-Med Bet and Capt Filoni (or whatever they called anthony daniels' character).  whether they upgrade the articulation or not, we need them released again. Oh and more clone troopers ;)

Gaps in your personal collection are really no excuse for slotting two VERY insignificant figures into the basic figure line.  Check eBay or a local toy show and you can score both of these for a very minimal cost.

I think it goes without saying that there's likely to be a Clone Trooper in this assortment.  As for anything else?  It's pure conjecture at this point.  I think one Arena Jedi is likely.  Dooku seems to be a strong candidate, too.  And Hasbro gave indications that a re-decoed Jango Fett is highly likely.

Also, this is set to be Wave 4 in the Vintage Collection.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42 PM »
The only aspect I disagree with is, if you are referring to generic ones, is the arena Jedi. I think they will be saved for Target Series 2. Not many left and the only one two that need upgrades are Barris and the Nikto.

In regards to the two bar guys, yeah the current ones are fine have good articulation and will never again need new development or rerelease ever again.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 02:26 PM »
I see both Dooku and Jango as Greatest Hits type releases.  Hasbro stated explicitly that not all of the figures in the Vintage Collection would be all-new sculpts.  Jango would be a "make good" for the bad paint jobs.  And Dooku is a key villain that could stand to be re-released.  In that case the EVO Dooku/Darth Tyranus would be fine by me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 04:48 PM »
The only aspect I disagree with is, if you are referring to generic ones, is the arena Jedi. I think they will be saved for Target Series 2. Not many left and the only one two that need upgrades are Barris and the Nikto.

I think Shaak Ti needs an upgrade in addition to the two Jedi you mentioned. The Jedi robe figure hasn't been out since 2005, and that figure had a left arm with no articulation. I wouldn't mind seeing her in one of the Vintage waves or the second Arena series if it is made.