Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103816 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2010, 01:47 AM »
I am very happy with the entire lineup I was expecting repacks on Kit and Mace. The upgrades to mace are superb and a 100% new Kit was unexpected but man he looks so accurate. I really hope these are on tap for November. I wish they gave Obi-Wan a Cloak, I want one to keep carded and he would look much better with it.

I wonder who the repacks are going to be for the next two waves...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2010, 03:05 AM »
Here's the AOTC images pulled from the slides, a little larger if it is of interest to anyone.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2010, 09:31 AM »
Why does Zam have a plastic skirt?!?!?!?  ???

I like the look of the figure, I was just hoping for soft-goods on the skirt so I could buy a second one to put in the 2002 speeder.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Why does Zam have a plastic skirt?!?!?!?  ???

I like the look of the figure, I was just hoping for soft-goods on the skirt so I could buy a second one to put in the 2002 speeder.

That is a good point, but in the film her skirt isn't actually any type of fabric - it looks more like a plastic material. Hopefully the plastic will be rubbery, unlike the skirt to the TAC '07 Mace Windu which completely inhibited any leg movement. Even if Zam's skirt turns out to be a hard, unmoveable plastic, her mid-torso is a joint, so that will help her be able to fit into the 2002 speeder.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Decent choice of figures and well done, though I'm not too excited about any of them except for the senate guard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Even if Zam's skirt turns out to be a hard, unmoveable plastic, her mid-torso is a joint, so that will help her be able to fit into the 2002 speeder.

Given how horrible the cockpit is on that speeder, I don't even know if a soft goods skirt would help her fit in there without looking all contorted.   :-\

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2010, 02:46 PM »
These figures are all really nicely done, great sculpting, but also very boring to me personally. I'll be looking forward to Zam, and maybe the senate guard but not much else.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I really like the Anakin and Padme peasant figures. I may pick up Mace and Kit Fisto.  I really want Jango Fett from this wave.  I don't know why they even bothered with the Royal Guard but he looks good.  I am just plain tired of the Super Battle Droid but it seems to sell well.  I kind of thought maybe they would add a clonetrooper instead of the Royal Guard but whatever. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2010, 11:27 PM »
I've been wanting that Anakin since the piece of **** came out in 2002.  I hated that figure and still do...the failed attempt at nostalgia was stupid.  In fact most of that Saga stuff was crap...

I'll probably just pick up

Anakin x2
Zam x2
Padme x2
Mace
Senate Guard x2

Might get a Jango for the Apartment

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 02:51 AM »
I think "most" is even being generous to that line.  THere's not much between 2002-2003 that I was pleased with.  Those were sure the "dark times" to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2010, 08:53 AM »
What was stupid about that line too is they kept the preposed action laden things to Collection 1, while Collection 2 had lots of pretty decent figures.  There was a shift in the Hasbro team from Ep1 to Ep2 to Ep3 and beyond, no?  because it does show that they pulled their head out of their ass.  IIRC we asked a question about that time in one of our Q&A's and basically got told they went with that look more or less because it looked cool on the cards ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I recall some kind of shift in personnel at the time...  Between 2003/2004 anyay I think.

I thought even Collection 2 wreaked at the time though...  Some stuff slipped through, especially once AOTC's run was done, say after Christmas 2002.  It improved, but only slightly IMO.  That first run of stuff was so easy to pass on...  I think I got at least 50% of it on clearance.  I refused to buy certain figures.

And I used to say this in my reviews, and I'll say it again...  The 2002 Jedi in all their pre-posed glory are more appreciated NOW than they were then, because they all have a superior (in every way) basic figure.  ROTS's Shaak Ti is a vastly superior figure to her 2002 release, yet somehow the 2005 release makes you appreciate the statue then, as something extra.  Kind of a weird way that worked out.

The ROTS figure is my favorite, but for one single Geonosis scene I still hang onto all those pre-posed Jedi.  I may retire them though here soon.  They were some of the worst toys ever though, I think, especially for this line.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2010, 06:42 PM »
There's just so many things wrong with that figure...

I can, on some level, understand the crappy action feature, but the constipated look? Uhm, no.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:42 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2010, 07:15 PM »
I think Jesse has it right.  The 2002 statues are unique, at least, and I still like Luminara a lot.  I'd like her less if there wasn't an alternative.  It felt like Hasbro was following some of the lead of the time - McFarlane and it's crazy sculpts were very popular back then - and they did so again with poseability once Marvel Legends took hold.  That's my thought, anyway.