Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103846 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2010, 12:30 PM »
I'd be fine seeing it late Junuary, rather than seeing ROTJ wave rushed in/out and this wave possibly rushed as well...  Especially with the annual summer duldrums, which could easily occur again in 2011.

That's my thinking as well.  I'd like to see the ROTJ wave get a nice run at retail.  There is so much nice about that wave, and personally I'd like to grab a lot of extras (Endor Soldiers and Gamorreans in particular).  I'd hate to see it hit for a couple weeks before it is replaced by the AOTC wave right away, which I'm not as interested in.  There's some good there as well, but nothing like the ROTJ wave.

There's like 10 revision waves of wave 3, I think there's gonna be a buttload of this at retail.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02 PM »
I am speculating here, but I don't think the amount of revision cases has anything to do with the amount of product there will be at retail.  I think it has to do with Hasbro creating new case assortments due to Hasbro having to pull all of the Wedges and Yodas out and then filling the spots with figures from other cases.

if that really is the cas, then that might actually lead to fewer cases of this wave - and that would indeed suck because I can easily see myself buying multiple Gam Guards, and a double of the Endor Rebel Soldier, and also probably two Wickets (one for each hood)

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I don't know, I'm betting that wave 3 will be all over the place for awhile. For the most part I've seen all of the VC figures at retail in multiples, even Boba Fetts and the Foil Carded Fett; which seems to have been the only hard to find at retail figure. I'm not sure if it's still the case but in order to purchase direct from hasbro you have to take the whole of their product offering, I believe that includes the revisions. I could be wrong. Since nearly all of these revisions are shipping about the same time then every big box store will be getting at least 10 cases. At first it seems odd that they would ever make this many revisions of any wave unless you consider it's an attempt to flood retail with it since it's right around the holiday season and wave 4 possibly isn't shipping until January. I'd even bet that when the line is looked at from a future time that wave 3 will be the most common assortment of figures, not counting Vader as we know that will probably be the most common figure overall. Sorry for making wave 3 comments in the wave 4 post but I think my response would have been out of place elsewhere.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2010, 03:28 PM »
I'm guessing that Wave 3 is going to be produced in substantial numbers.  It's the Christmas season, and no reason to not think that this wave is going to be shipped in amounts that line up with this part of the year. 

This ought to work out well for us, retailers, Hasbro, and the overall health of the vintage line.  If there's one wave out of anything Star Wars that we've seen in a while that deserves to be produced to the max, this would definitely be the wave. 

Regarding the AOTC wave, I'd be just fine with them not showing up at retail until January. Christmas is expensive enough as it is trying to buy things for everyone else... I don't need to be dropping at least another hundred bucks in December on myself. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2010, 07:28 PM »
So, with the ROTS wave already drying up, and the ROTJ drying up pretty early as well (according to what I've seen, plus reports that the ROTJ wave seems to be going quicker and quicker), does anyone think that the AOTC should make it by end of December? There hasn't really been any indication at all that these are hitting.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 24, 2010, 08:42 AM »
AOTC wave seen and purchased in Sydney Australia:

http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5814

Picked up most of the AOTC wave today at my local Big W.

Padme (Peasant)
Anakin (Peasant)
Jango
Senat Guard
Mace
Obi Wan

They hit much sooner than I thought they would. Keep your eyes open.

I'd post the in hand pix Todd has of them but they're not mine to reproduce without his permission.

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2010, 12:40 AM »
AOTC wave seen and purchased in Sydney Australia:

http://www.mousedroid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5814

Picked up most of the AOTC wave today at my local Big W.

Padme (Peasant)
Anakin (Peasant)
Jango
Senat Guard
Mace
Obi Wan

They hit much sooner than I thought they would. Keep your eyes open.

Quote from: todd

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2010, 02:37 AM »
 :o

Wow, those look cool. I'm not sure if I like the cardbacks as much as I first did... some of those photos on the vintage cardbacks just look weird.

Mace's lightsaber looks more purple than before (it looked blue in the promo shots), and it seems Obi-Wan's tunic under the V-neck doesn't have the yellow paintjob as seen in the promos also.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2010, 09:48 AM »
The more I see those, the more I hate 'em.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2010, 12:16 PM »
The only one that I think is weak is the Obi-Wan one.  It could have been a more exciting image.  While I don't love the logo, It's alright.  Skewing the text ala ESB would have helped.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2010, 12:40 PM »
I think those figures look fantastic!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Put me down for at least Mace, Jango, and Senate Guard carded.  Also SBD probably.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: December 26, 2010, 05:39 PM »
I'm in for a few Senate Guards, Mace, Ani/Padme, and Jango...  Probably passing on Kenobi but I suppose never say never applies there.  He doesn't look bad, I just don't really need him.  The skirt looks nicer too.

Really only Kenobi and SBD are the two I think I'll probably pass on.  All the rest I'll likely pick up one or two of at least.

501st, can you thank Todd?  I don't really know who he is, but appreciate the photos.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 06:27 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2010, 06:07 PM »
I actually like this wave - I guess I'm crazy.

I'm down for a complete set to keep MOC, but I'm also down for about four Senate Guards to open (if I can find them), two of Anakin so I can display him with and without the parka, two of Padme so I can display her with both head-dresses, probably two or three SBDs to open, two of Zam so I can display her a couple of different ways with the veil and without, and then for the rest at least one of each to open.

So this wave is probably gonna cost me close to $300 when all is said and done. Hopefully Target and WalMart will get them in good numbers and won't jack their vintage prices up to the TRU level...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #149 on: December 26, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I'll probably get one or two of the Jango Fett, possibly a Mace Windu if he looks good enough.
This is the way.

I have spoken.