Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103644 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #225 on: February 9, 2011, 11:41 AM »
Yeah, $8.99 is really starting to push it.  I realize that most to all lines have jumped in price over the past year or two (Marvel Universe often hovers around $9 here too, and Legends/Classics stuff is up around $15-16), but it just seems like a lot for a 3 3/4" figure.  Our local Target got the AOTC wave in this week as well, but at $8.99 they seem to still be there for the most part.  I grabbed a Zam, and had some others via BBTS already, but I'd be reluctant to pay that much for some of the other characters - or definitely repacks.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 9, 2011, 11:54 AM »
$8.99 is my tipping point.  I am officially done after 10 years with one of every carded figure.  Will be nice to finally have the "option" of buying selectively.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 9, 2011, 05:43 PM »
Just wanted to edit my rant. No need to vent to the world so I've removed it. It amazes me how the price on these keep going up. From a manufacturing standpoint the packaging has to be cheaper since it's a straightforward die cut card, the bubble is simplier to manufacture even in various sizes, they've eliminated pack ins and the volume has to be there that the tooling costs are nearly non existent. Hasn't it been mentioned before that the figures are slightly shrinking too? I'm convinced that EE, TRU and other similar etailers raise their prices based on what figures can go for on the aftermarket. I'm continually reminded by my EE contact on what items are going for on ebay when I'm solicited for orders and any time I go to place a reorder for something I've got from them the price has gone up to the point that it doesn't make sense for me to reorder. That's not just on star wars. I know manufacturers are constantly hounded by their customers for lower costs so I'm pretty sure the cost to make the vintage line isn't what they'd like you to think it is. I'm aware that import cost and other new regulations have added to the cost but I'll bet the trade off at the manufacturing level evens it out. Seriously, how can the VC line cost more to make than TLC or CW lines? It has to be the "only collectors will buy this line so we'll charge a premium just because we can" mentality.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:06 PM by darth punkinhed »
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2011, 11:14 AM »
HTS is adding these to their site for....   $8.99 a pop....    :-X   So far the have the Senate Guard, the Droid, and Kit.

I think this price might be where I start drawing the line from ordering from HTS.    :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 11, 2011, 12:03 PM »
HTS is adding these to their site for....   $8.99 a pop....    :-X   So far the have the Senate Guard, the Droid, and Kit.

I think this price might be where I start drawing the line from ordering from HTS.    :(

Interesting, I was just on there this morning and didn't see 'em in the "New to hasbro" section, but I'm definitely checking back now. They had plenty of THOR swag though...

Thanks!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 11, 2011, 12:47 PM »
waves 4 and 5 are up now.  With shipping and tax these figures would come to $10.69 each for the 8 that I want...  that just hurts too much for me to buy figures I already own just to get superior versions of them.

hts - throw me a coupon to make me bite.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:48 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Thanks again for the info, Smash, That really helped me out. I dug around and saw that they threw the new TCW Jedi Turbo Speeder up as well, so I bit on that one immediately. I'm psyched to have this months before it shows up in stores.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2011, 01:02 PM »
no problem man  ;D  I am also debating that one too.  they are all sitting in my cart - I just cant bit the bullet.  just too much per figure.

I like how, as of right now, if I were to order that crap-tastic Thor case for $83, HTS would have no problem giving me free shipping.  But if order everything I want from them now - about $126 worth of stuff I cant get free shipping.  that would help push me over the edge atleast a little - but I would still be cringing.   :-X

code thanks to ifett:  HTS10

editX2 - still hard to pull the trigger
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:05 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 11, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Well, you wait too long and of course you lose something - but it all worked out ok in the end.  I cancelled the HTS order I made yesterday for the Lowlight wave of GI Joes, plus the Concept Hammer Drone for IM2.  I also did not use a coupon code on that order.

I was just now able to place an order on just about everything I wanted and use the "hts10" code (thanks again ifett) - of course one thing had to go out of stock - the Senate Guard was first to go.

So all in all I nabbed: 

SW:  Anakin, Padme, Jango, Kit, Mace, Zam, Luke, and the Turbo Speeder.
GI Joe:  Destro, Low Light, Shadow Tracker, Skydive
IM2:  Concept Hammer Drone

grand total  :o  128.85 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #234 on: February 11, 2011, 02:39 PM »
Damn, I just placed an order for some AOTC extras plus the Jedi Turbo Speeder and did not see that code until now. I could not get any Senate Guards but I am very happy to find the Jedi Turbo Speeder in stock.

How much does the code knock off?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 11, 2011, 02:42 PM »
hts10 = 10%

zam, jango, senate guard = out of stock
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:48 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2011, 04:51 PM »
Scored the Super Battle Droid today at Target, so I won't be going the HTS route.  The wave is hitting retail now, and based on Derryl DePriest's comments on the Force Cast I'm inclined to believe that we're going to see a greater TVC presence at retail.  I can't justify paying shipping for this wave.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2011, 06:55 PM »
It seems to me $8.99 is here to stay since both Wave 4 and 5 at HTS are $8.99 as well.  That's disappointing.  It's going to make me seriously take a look at whether I want to collect anymore or leave the hobby I think.  I have a feeling Toy Fair's going to reveal that the price hike is part of the MSRP perhaps.  It's disappointing to say the least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 11, 2011, 07:54 PM »
I can't see that price lasting too long if WM sells them @ $7.96. Target lost over $100 to their competitor the other day. I'm sure they don't care too much about a toy purchase that's insignificant to thei daily pull, but it could still be in their pockets.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #239 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13 PM »
$9 is my breaking point. I found some w5 last night @ WM and couldn't pay even $8.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk