Author Topic: 2010 DVD/BD Thread  (Read 6400 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: 2010 DVD/BD Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I'm not.  Nor will I see the sequels.  Although it was visually stunning....the story was pretty crappy and predictable.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2010, 12:28 PM »
Amazon has the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu-ray for $7.99 each.  That's very hard to pass up...

The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Hell of a kick-off for Black Friday!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Amazon has the Lord of the Rings trilogy on Blu-ray for $7.99 each.  That's very hard to pass up...

The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Easy to pass up if you're not interested in the theatrical cuts. 

So far I've only ordered Get Him to the Greek for $10.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2010, 02:24 PM »

The Two Towers
The Return of the King

Wow, I've resisted getting these but that price is good.  I've got a $20 gift certificate here for Amazon, maybe I'll just order them.  I'll still get the extended Blu-Ray set when it comes out, but there are times when I'd prefer to watch the "shorter" version.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2010, 02:29 PM »

The Two Towers
The Return of the King

I can understand why many (or most) will be holding out for the extended versions, but that really is a heck of a deal.  I noticed that one of the Black Friday ads (I think maybe Wal-Mart or Target or both) has these on sale Friday as well.  Maybe it is just because they are older movies right now, and maybe out of the "attention" a bit, but it really seems like a steal for some really great movies in the HD format.  I already paid more than this for them unfortunately, but it is nice to see them out there at a great price.  I'll pick up the extended editions when they are released too, but I'll admit that I don't mind watching the "shorter" version sometimes too.  I enjoyed the heck out of them in the theaters in that cut, and plus, with a little one it is tough to set aside 3-4 hours to watch movies like these the way it is.

Since we got a blu ray player I've tried to be much, much more selective in which movies we'd pick up for the format.  I've got a little list in my head of which movies I would pick up again, even though we already had them on DVD, and these were towards the top.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2010, 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the tip.  Free shipping to boot (had to add the re-release of Pretty Hate Machine).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Snagged Inception today. I'm disappointed we never get full blown extras on the newer Nolan DVDs (I think the BR lacks extras too but correct me if I'm wrong)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2010, 11:48 PM »
I bought Inception today too.  Just got done watching it about a half hour ago.  Very good movie.  I bought the Blu-ray/DVD combo at Target since it was the same price as just the DVD set.  Even though I don't have a BD player yet, this is technically my first BD purchase.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Picked up TDK on BD for $10 at Target.  A worthy upgrade...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2010, 12:29 PM »
Family Guy Trilogy (wasn't paying $13 just for IAT)
Futurama v5
the Simpsons Season 13
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN