Author Topic: Clone Wars Wave 14 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 1)  (Read 14785 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 14 (aka Fall 2010 Wave 1)
« Reply #30 on: July 1, 2010, 10:36 AM »
All the TRU's around here are managed by Nazis who treat street dates like the freaking 10 Commandments.

Yeah, heaven forbid that those employees keep you from getting YOUR TOYS that you're ENTITLED too. Buncha jerks...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 1, 2010, 11:16 AM »
LOL, for sure I knew someone would get bent out of shape about that...purely tongue-in-cheek. I respect anyone trying to do their job, I just wish we had more of the types around here that don't give a whoot.

« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 11:21 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 1, 2010, 02:22 PM »
Stopped in at TRU today to do some b-day shopping for our daughter, and found these on the pegs (as well as the "new" Legends figures - no sign of Vintage).  Kind of cool to see something new on the pegs.

Where do you live, bro?

Did they have the new Deluxe Vehicle Figure packs out too?

I live in Nebraska (Lincoln), and they didn't have the deluxe vehicle figure packs out.  Just that first wave of CW (Aurra, Pre, Mando, Grievous and repacks I believe), and the first wave of Legends (Bossk, IG-88, etc.).  No signs of anything else, at least not yet, but it was nice to see something new.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 1, 2010, 07:53 PM »
The funny thing is that I keep running into Wave 15 - the one that includes all repacks and General Grievous.  :-\

I even had two more cases of Clone Wars brought out to me this afternoon and they were the Wave 15 cases.

McMetal - none of the three TRUs where I've been and had success at getting at least ONE new item at have had the Deluxe figures, I'm thinking that those haven't found their way to the stores yet.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 07:54 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 1, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Thanks Pete, I think you are right. I haven't heard or seen any reports of the Deluxe stuff on shelves yet, I just thought it might be since it was up on TRU.com like the other stuff recently.

My order from TRU.com for this wave arrived today. Wow, talk about some badly warped cards! I am fine with keeping these as openers, but I'm definitely going to have to pick up some mintier cards at some point.

They're all nice, but Aurra and Pre are the clear winners. Two of my favorite figures they have done so far, for sure!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: July 2, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I agree, Pre Visla is an awesome figure and will fit in nicely on modern shelves as well

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 4, 2010, 05:43 PM »
The funny thing is that I keep running into Wave 15 - the one that includes all repacks and General Grievous.  :-\

I even had two more cases of Clone Wars brought out to me this afternoon and they were the Wave 15 cases.

Hasbro is actually referring to these waves as wave 1 and 1.5.  And of course Grievous doesn't include the cape, contrary to what Hasbro told us.  Personally I think they got mixed up with this one and the Vintage Collection ROTS wave Grievous.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 5, 2010, 03:52 PM »

They're all nice, but Aurra and Pre are the clear winners. Two of my favorite figures they have done so far, for sure!

I came across my first big finds of Vintage and Clone Wars figures today, and without really even knowing who was in the Clone Wars wave, I saw it for myself and decided Aurra and Pre were the best 2 and bought them.  No regrets at $7.49 each.   The $9.99 Vintage price at TRU bothered me, but even at that price I did buy an AT-AT Commander.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 08:56 PM »
I apologize if this is something that was already covered somewhere, but I discovered today that the chest plate on the new Grievous comes off and that the legs easily separate at the swivel joint above the knee.

I found this pretty cool 'cause putting on the battle damaged head and popping off the legs leaves you with a version of Grievous that is exactly like how he appeared in the Lair of Grievous episode in Season 1 after Kit Fist and Nahdar Vebb sliced off his legs and the Clone Troopers shot Grievous in the face.

The legs also easily come off at the hips exposing the ball joint.

When I first opened this figure, I will less than thrilled with it - but now that I've discovered how much more versatile it is for displaying Grievous in a variety of battle-damaged ways, I'm much more pleased with how the figure turned out....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2010, 07:31 PM »
Found these today, picked up Vislaz and Sing and like everyone, am very impressed with them both. But didn't the early pics of Aurra have her with balljoint hips?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22 PM »
But didn't the early pics of Aurra have her with balljoint hips?

She doesn't have ball-jointed hips?! >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Nope, just the standard swivel hips. Vislaz has the ball joint hips though.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Wave 14
« Reply #42 on: August 4, 2010, 08:52 AM »
I picked up Aurra Sing and Pre Viszla both on Sunday at my local Target.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 4, 2010, 04:11 PM »
So I'm confuzzled - are the battle-damaged limbs meant for Grievous' arms or legs? Because in the cartoon, Kit Fisto slices his legs off. However, in most pictures of the action figure, the damaged parts seem to be meant for his arms, and it doesn't look like Hasbro tooled his legs to attach to the damaged parts.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 4, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Cracked open Mr. Vizsla tonight.  WOW.  Awesome figure.  May have to cave on the Mando BP when it hits.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN