Author Topic: Celebration V Exclusive 4-LOM/Zuckuss Error Pack  (Read 27914 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration V Exclusive 4-LOM/Zuckuss Error Pack
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 11:19 AM »
This set is very tempting. Would love to get the 2 bounty hunters in the vintage paint jobs/cloaks, but I'm worried about the pricing.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 09:37 AM »
I will get 2 sets of them. I really like the cape on Zuckuss

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 02:25 PM »
I will get 2 sets of them. I really like the cape on Zuckuss

I am in the same boat here with getting two sets. This will be $19.99-$24.99 so it will not be atrocious but add the shipping and it gets expensive unless you can clump your order.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02 PM »
A reminder to all of you thinking of buying an opener of what is likely to be a more expensive exclusive set -

Remember that the vintage deco 4-LOM in the set is the same one that is already coming in Vintage Wave 1 (only difference is the correct "4-LOM" name on the card).  Since they are going to the trouble of creating a "vintage" deco Zuckuss for this set, I would not be surprised to see him slipped into the basic figure line-up too at some point (on a corrected "Zuckuss" card).

The point of the set is the "true" Kenner cards (with the mixed up names).  Just don't want to see a bunch of people buy up this exclusive to open and then turn around and get ticked when the figures show up cheaper in the basic figure line...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 10:04 PM »
  Just don't want to see a bunch of people buy up this exclusive to open and then turn around and get ticked when the figures show up cheaper in the basic figure line...

"You ask the impossible."   :-X
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 12:16 AM »
I will only get one set because of the high price.  I am definately looking forward to this pack though.  Too much vintage goodness there.  It's almost a must buy for me really.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 08:15 AM »
The point of the set is the "true" Kenner cards (with the mixed up names).  Just don't want to see a bunch of people buy up this exclusive to open and then turn around and get ticked when the figures show up cheaper in the basic figure line...

That's a good tip.  Thanks Jeff!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Thanks, Jeff. I'll definitely wait then. If they're already making the card designs for the error 2-pack, then it would make sense for them to release them separately corrected.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Awesome! I want them!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 06:48 PM »

See I remember reading this somewhere earlier, but the only reason I'm even considering an opener is because of the Zuckuss. If he isn't released in the basic line, I'll have to get a second of this set just to have a loose Zuckuss with the awesome cape. THAT'S what would make me ticked off. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Seems like this 2 guys are the last step in Zucluss and 4 Lom evolution.

Only a Zuckuss which shows his real face beneath his mask could be the ultimate step

as it happens with the 3 parts mask helmet Vader for vintage collection, which reisues the evolution vader body.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Remember that the vintage deco 4-LOM in the set is the same one that is already coming in Vintage Wave 1 (only difference is the correct "4-LOM" name on the card).  

Time to annoy everyone...  Turns out that I got some mis-information in the showroom - sorry!   :-[

I sent an email to Hasbro to clarify since I was getting some conflicting info PMs from folks and they confirmed that the info I got in the showroom was wrong - the plan as it stands right now is that the "Kenner" decos will only be available in the C-V set.... for now.

4LOM in Wave 1 should have the 2007 deco, 4LOM in the C-V exclusive set should have the Kenner deco.  Same for Zuckuss.  If (when) he makes it to the basic line, he'll most likely have the 2009 deco and not this vintage deco...

Sory again for confusing everyone!  Too much ToyFair info packed into my head in a short timespan I guess...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:09 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 03:39 PM »
Remember that the vintage deco 4-LOM in the set is the same one that is already coming in Vintage Wave 1 (only difference is the correct "4-LOM" name on the card).  

Time to annoy everyone...  Turns out that I got some mis-information in the showroom - sorry!   :-[

That would have been too good to be true. Thanks the clarification though, Jeff.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 06:22 PM »
So we're getting Kenner deco 4-LOM and Zuckuss.  That's cool, I can dig it, I thought the colors on the TLC Zuckuss were weak anyway.  But what about Kenner deco Boba Fett?  (And no, Rocket Fett doesn't count.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I really wish they would have went with Vintage Deco Fett instead of repro Fett for the Mailaway figure...oh well