Author Topic: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion  (Read 22923 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Defender Wishlists 2010 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 5, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Since Scott wrapped up the latest (AOTC) vote, I'm down with all but 4 of those as pretty cool to me...  The other 4 are kind of yawners, but not figures I'd turn my nose at either, I just wouldn't be excited paying $8 for them.

Some cool choices...  Zam was my top want, with Anakin Peasant #2, so I like seeing both make the list.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 5, 2010, 11:27 PM »
The AOTC poll results were not terribly inspiring as far as character choices go.  I think there are definitely some more visually interesting characters from Episode II that have fallen by the wayside.  And the poll didn't feature anywhere near enough Jedi.  Especially since the arena battle is the single biggest gathering of Jedi in the entire Saga.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 5, 2010, 11:37 PM »
WHo is left to do?  I could see a SA Trebor and Jill but the no name humans don't really need figures and most of the big names have been done ad naseum.

I personally want more Senators and Separtists which are both retail suicide.  The Outlander Club is weird looking ladies that again probably aren't big sellers either.  So...that leaves a few resculpts, undone Padmes and a whole bunch of crap.  To me, AOTC is the third most complete film behind ESB and ROTS.  Because to be honest, outside of a few, there is not much left I really really want

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2010, 12:08 AM »
The spirit of fan driven polls seems to be picking out those characters that might not otherwise be considered for figures.  Isn't that what drove the ICMG poll for all those years?  Those of us who are involved with the day to day operations of collecting sites certainly have a little bit of insight into Hasbro's process, but that kind of rationale didn't impact my own choices for the AOTC poll. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2010, 12:15 AM »
I'd kind of like seeing Geonosis 2-packs continue at Target to flesh out some more of the human Jedi...  For me, I think the two that toss Ani and Obi sabers are the only two I really want though.  And I do want them to a decent extent, but that's about it.  Whether they happen there or elsewhere, whatever, but they'd rank high on my list with Zam there.  Otherwise I'd be ok with Hasbro going the army building route and slipping a new headsculpt on an existing body in the regular line as filler or something, even if it's not a particular arena Jedi...  The two falsely accused N'Sync members would be nice to have though since they do get the face time.

The only others I want are redoes of Pablo Jill, Barriss Offee, and I wouldn't mind seeing Shaak Tii get her articulation upgraded.  Maybe Mace getting a new headsculpt and softgoods wouldn't hurt either since that's one nobody's ever totally satisfied with (though I was ok with the 30AC figure for the most part).

I agree on the Outlander Club...  The street outside had more interesting looking characters than the club itself, and even then...   :-\  I also agree on Senators/Separatists but they're suicide like you said Scott...  One here and there gets made, and I'm ok with that kind of pace on that stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Defender Wishlists Discussion
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2010, 12:40 AM »
Man, talk about a real peg warming lineup that would make Yarna look like a run away hit.

I picked three off of the final list but after seeing these results it's very apparent this movie has been mined to the bottom of the barrel, perhaps underneath the bottom of the barrel at this point. You know it's bad when an old, one legged crippled farmer who floats on a hover Lark leads the pack followed by an old Librarian in the fifth spot.

C'mon guys don't lie to yourselves this list of characters is really hilariously telling that we reached a point in the line where no one can fault Hasbro for redoing core characters as much as they do. Too funny.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2010, 01:26 AM »
Naboo Picnic Padme still isn't making the list.  :'( That's my favorite one of the Padmes. (Yeah, I know people will complain, "pegwarmer" but it's what I like and want).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: April 6, 2010, 02:36 AM »
I'm a "vote for what you actually really want" kind of guy...  I'll vote for figures I'm pretty sure are coming even if they're semi-confirmed, just because it's what I want.  So if you want Padme, or a new Mace Windu, or 3rd droid from the left that didn't do anything...  I say go for it.

I myself am not a Padme guy, but to go with Outland Disguise Ani I'd like the Outland Padme...  Lots of stuff people want is going to pegwarm.  The same applied 10 years ago, so it's not something I even consider when voting.  The collecting community's wanted pegwarmers for over a decade.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: April 6, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Lots of stuff people want is going to pegwarm.  The same applied 10 years ago, so it's not something I even consider when voting. 

I always vote for what I want, even if it seems like retail pegwarming poison. 

There are plenty of ways to get around "peg-warmer" anyway - short-pack, exclusive, box set, etc.  Are Senators/Separatists/Padmes potentially boring and potential peg-warmers?  Probably.  However like others have said, if they mix them in with some sort of army builder / battle pack, anything is possible...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 6, 2010, 01:38 PM »
I agree with Scott and Jesse in that there really doesn't seem like a whole lot to do from AOTC at this point.  A few resculpts (like Zam, Outland Anakin), a few Padmes, and the rest is Senator types for the most part.  I mean, there will always be more to do from these movies, but this list in particular really shows how short the list is getting at this point.  I'm all for more Padmes, and would buy them all, but outside of that (and figures like Cleigg and Zam), I'm pretty satisfied with our AOTC lineup at this point.  There are few Jedi resculpts (and new ones) that have been mentioned here that would be good too. 

Like I said, I'd gladly buy a number (actually, probably all) of these figures, but when I first saw the Top 10, it looked like a pretty boring lineup for the most part - particularly for mass retail.  I guess in a way that is a good thing though, as it shows that if for some reason the movie line is winding down, we're getting close to getting most of what everyone wants at this point.  I am disappointed that a new AOTC C-3PO didn't make the list.  I guess he's got a decent shot at getting made anyways (wasn't he rumored for a "sequel" to the Geonosis packs, if they happened?), but that's one of my most wanted figures for this movie as well.  The current best version out there is probably that deluxe one from the Saga line I believe, and that isn't anything spectacular.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: April 6, 2010, 04:13 PM »
I always vote for what I want, even if it seems like retail pegwarming poison. 

There are plenty of ways to get around "peg-warmer" anyway - short-pack, exclusive, box set, etc.  Are Senators/Separatists/Padmes potentially boring and potential peg-warmers?  Probably.  However like others have said, if they mix them in with some sort of army builder / battle pack, anything is possible...

Exactly...  That's why I'd like the pseudo-N'Sync Jedi to come out, but I'm ok with re-used parts, new heads, and part of further Geonosis 2-packs, ya know?  I liked the two human Jedi we got last night in those sets, so 2-packs and maybe not totally accurate body sculpts are fine by me, so long as they're decent in the articulation department.  They probably wouldn't be as exciting on the pegs as a weird alien Jedi by comparison.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 6, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I agree on the Outlander Club...  The street outside had more interesting looking characters than the club itself, and even then...   :-\  I also agree on Senators/Separatists but they're suicide like you said Scott...  One here and there gets made, and I'm ok with that kind of pace on that stuff.

I've always thought that the Outlander Club in AOTC was a bit of a missed opportunity.  We've seen/heard all the times that Lucas was "disappointed" with what his budget/effects would allow for the Cantina back with the original Star Wars and he had a chance to really go for it in the prequels with all the CGI and budget available now, and he filled the Outlander club with pretty much all humans - and not necessarily exciting ones for the most part.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: April 6, 2010, 07:11 PM »
1. Foul Moudama (Movie Style)

I'm pretty sure Foul Moudama exists in the movie style (2006 ROTS wave).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:39 AM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: April 6, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Yup, a lot of very human-ish aliens, humans, and not a ton more...  Lucas definitely missed turning the Outlander Club into something better than it was.  I'm kind of glad his budget wasn't there for STar Wars because it seems to me that with a budget he didn't do anything nearly as cool.

Offline Inverted

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure Foul Moudama exists in the movie style (2006 ROTS wave).

Muftak with boots doesn't cut it for me.  It's like if they took Momaw Nadon and put a Jedi tunic over him and called it Roron Corobb.  It's just not good enough.